Sponsored

Whipple Stage 1 or Roush Stage 2

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
You made a good choice. Easier install, cleaner looking install, nothing is cut or modified to install, and high quality parts.

Roush/TVS with the backwards cast bracket, cast tensioner, PITA belt routing etc. Now, I will say that TVS/Roush has the advantage if the belt breaks due to running off of the AC routing. But the whipple is so much cleaner with billet parts and easy to service.
Sponsored

JakeS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic Metallic
I did the research on both. Both seem like excellent Superchargers. I went with the ROUSH Phase 2. I got it on sale for less than the phase 1 on Memorial Day. It’s being installed right now so I can’t comment on how it performs. I was running a Lund flex tune, so I’m sure it will be a little faster. I will have Lund or VMP tune the car next spring. I haven’t decided on who yet. Lund wants me to get DW95 or ID1050 injectors and VMP is only requiring 56lb injectors. Any help would be appreciated.

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
I've decided to go with Whipple on my Roush RS2. I'm keeping this car forever and not worried about resale value but interested in smiles per miles instead. Thanks for all those that positively contributed.
Ive installed both, whipple is a simpler install. Power is awesome, your gonna love it! Time for drag radials too!! Lol. Congrats

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
I did the research on both. Both seem like excellent Superchargers. I went with the ROUSH Phase 2. I got it on sale for less than the phase 1 on Memorial Day. It’s being installed right now so I can’t comment on how it performs. I was running a Lund flex tune, so I’m sure it will be a little faster. I will have Lund or VMP tune the car next spring. I haven’t decided on who yet. Lund wants me to get DW95 or ID1050 injectors and VMP is only requiring 56lb injectors. Any help would be appreciated.

I've tuned both. The ID1050s are a better option than the DWs, and will give you more headroom than the 56s. You never want to cut it close on fuel. The DW95s will save you some money and aren't an issue, though.

JakeS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've tuned both. The ID1050s are a better option than the DWs, and will give you more headroom than the 56s. You never want to cut it close on fuel. The DW95s will save you some money and aren't an issue, though.
Thank you! I will keep that in mind.

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I am running DW95 and the car is perfect. With the kind of power your going to be making I'd want at least those.

Keep in mind its going to be cheaper to have Lund tune it when the time comes because you already have a Lund tune. I think its only $400 more.

JakeS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am running DW95 and the car is perfect. With the kind of power your going to be making I'd want at least those.

Keep in mind its going to be cheaper to have Lund tune it when the time comes because you already have a Lund tune. I think its only $400 more.
That is exactly what I was thinking. Only 1200$ out of pocket sounds good. 400$ for the tune, 700$ for the injectors, 99$ IAT adapter. The kit already has the fuel pump booster.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
That is exactly what I was thinking. Only 1200$ out of pocket sounds good. 400$ for the tune, 700$ for the injectors, 99$ IAT adapter. The kit already has the fuel pump booster.
Looks like you’re going to need more rubber too. :D

JakeS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like you’re going to need more rubber too. :D
Lol on the list! Actually looking at the same setup that you have. Or the LMR wheels.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Lol on the list! Actually looking at the same setup that you have. Or the LMR wheels.
I am betting the Gloss Graphite look stellar on the Magnetic. Going to get a set at some point but happy with my Gloss Black for now.

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
There is always a list isn't there? :shrug:

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
CF5V in black graphite

Just dark enough to not be the same color as the car, and just light enough to not be black. These actually have a bit of a color change effect.

Big Fan of graphite on MM cars. :)
wheels.jpg

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Big Fan of graphite on MM cars. :)
Yeah buddy. How do the ECS’s handle the Whipple? I find my ExtremeContact’s tacky as all hell. Thinking they will be just fine with the gen3 stage 2.

JakeS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah buddy. How do the ECS’s handle the Whipple? I find my ExtremeContact’s tacky as all hell. Thinking they will be just fine with the gen3 stage 2.
I am shocked with how well they handle the power. I was thinking I might have to get drag radials at some point but, nope!
Sponsored