New Whipple for 2018 or Roush Stage 2

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
Good stuff, enjoy. It is my daily so I’m looking for something conservative but fast enough if that makes since. Maybe hellcat numbers in a much better looking s550 pony.
The Whipple stage 1 dynos at 638 rwhp. The Roush phase 1 dynos at 648 rwhp. Pretty equal in that respect. The advantage went to Roush for their warranty coverage which was included in the price of the supercharger. I would have had to pay extra for the warranty on the Whipple.
Sponsored

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1971 fj40, 1986 fj60, 2003 f250 7.3, 1968
Vehicle Showcase
I'm on 93 pump gas. I may go with a PBD E85 tune next year. The car runs and drives great. I haven't had the time to take the car to the track, been too busy with work.
Does yours shift real hard into 1st gear when not in normal driving mode? Mine does it right before a complete stop.
o

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
If I recall on previous years Roush only warrantied stage 1 for drive train and Roush parts and stage 2 was Roush parts only if that makes a difference.

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
Does yours shift real hard into 1st gear when not in normal driving mode? Mine does it right before a complete stop.
o
Yes, if I slowly come to a stop. If I come to a stop more abruptly no.

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Right now there truly is no comparison to a whipple on the PD style blowers. Fit, finish, Customer Service and overall performance potential is hard to match. We've been fortunate enough to install quite a few 18 kits here at Hypermotive, all under one roof. We're about to take a customer's stage 1 and make it a max effort car with E85, fuel system and much much more. You're not too far from us, we're having a Whippled 18 being dropped off Friday for more add-ons as well so come and take a look at the kit and we can discuss options for ya.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to give us a shout. We'd love to work with ya and build you a kit that suits your goals. My personal cell is 910-336-4850 so call anytime!

Jason Micallef
Hypermotive
#veteranowned

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sawyerjames

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
If I recall on previous years Roush only warrantied stage 1 for drive train and Roush parts and stage 2 was Roush parts only if that makes a difference.
I appreciate the info. I found out the warranty is out the door for me because I will not be running their tune. It's fine as I never count on a warranty other than an absolute safety blanket. I was just impressed to see that they both offer one. Its speaks for the quality

OP
OP
Sawyerjames

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
Right now there truly is no comparison to a whipple on the PD style blowers. Fit, finish, Customer Service and overall performance potential is hard to match. We've been fortunate enough to install quite a few 18 kits here at Hypermotive, all under one roof. We're about to take a customer's stage 1 and make it a max effort car with E85, fuel system and much much more. You're not too far from us, we're having a Whippled 18 being dropped off Friday for more add-ons as well so come and take a look at the kit and we can discuss options for ya.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to give us a shout. We'd love to work with ya and build you a kit that suits your goals. My personal cell is 910-336-4850 so call anytime!

Jason Micallef
Hypermotive
#veteranowned
Awesome, thanks for the response Jason. I have been using Pro Dyno out of Fort Mill, SC. Thank you for your service. I did 4 years in the Army, and my youngest brother just finished RASP and is now in 1st Ranger BN. I will definitely check you guys out, as I know not many shops have not done this install on 18's around here. Plus it would be a really fun ride back to Charlotte after the install :) I am going to buy the kit in 2 months because right now I am slammed with work, and trying to close on a new home.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
We do indeed offer discounts for forums members. Feel free to PM me or just give a call in and we'll be glad to speak to you about the setup and your goals. Also be sure to be on the lookout as our Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals will be announced shortly and you can bet that Whipple will be included.

Thanks!
Dammit!

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I just installed a Whipple Stage 1 kit on my car yesterday with the Gen 3 head unit. However my car is a ‘17. I can only tell you this, the quality of the Whipple supercharger so far is absolutely amazing. The whine is amazing and they engineer their kits perfect.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
What are you using the car for? I had a Whipple S2 on my '15 GT PP manual and it's pretty much overkill for the streets. With 3.73s it was a joke if you tried to punch it off the line unless your goal was 0-60 sideways :)
With a 3.55 A10, I'm going to assume punching it off off the line with a Whipple will be the same result....no traction, car all over the place with such low gears.
After I test drove the A10 GT, it felt plenty fast for the streets. I wouldn't touch it with a Whipple. I know saying I've got 700hp is fun and it added some torque in my '15 but ultimately for the money especially, I felt it was a waste. But my car came that way.

Sponsored

Enchilada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Can somebody PM me an out the door price for a Whipple? I’m interested in a complete setup and still being able to daily drive my 18 GT.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

whipfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt ,1991 lx,1986gt
went to the track yesterday for the first time with my stage 1 whipple thats still warranty compliant and made 4 passes . first pass on street tire was 11.04 at 106 because the car was moving around on the top end switched to mt drag radials and went 10.79 @ 139,10.80 @132 and 10.70 @133 .Thats the newest whipple tune 93 pump gas with the 90 mm throttle body zero other performance mods . You wouldnt even know it wasnt just a stock 5.0 if you drove it the corner store to get milk. 10 sec car and a full 3 yr 36,000 warranty is right there

whipfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt ,1991 lx,1986gt
mine is standard intercooler,stock thermostat 4.00 pulley.
Sponsored