Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1971 fj40, 1986 fj60, 2003 f250 7.3, 1968
Vehicle Showcase
i think the whipple warranty makes it worth not getting , unless you are trying to go all out for power at the track. Their phase 1 warranty only pays out 7500.00 total and 2500 of it is for the transmission. $5000 aint gettin you a new short block installed and put back together.
The roush you still get the ford warranty on the powertrain along with the roush warranty on the supercharger. Or thats the way i understand it.
Both are going to go fast. if you need more proof look at Boosted F-150's face in his last youtube video. Not that the whipple caused his oil pump gears to go but going with tunes and redline shifting with a boosted application something is going to eventually go. Cant thrash on anything long and expect it to last.
Im sure there are plenty of whippled car's out there that are fine along with alll of the other boosted applications, but if you going all out, factory stuff will only last but so long. Got to pay to play.
Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
As I understand it, the roush kit does not retain the ford powertrain warranty. It is a 3rd party warranty.

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
installation of the roush kit as long as done by ford or a ASE mechanic doesnt void the factory warranties (stage 1 only, which for the 18's stage 1 is the only choice at the moment)
Thats what i was told by Lebanon Ford Performance and no 3rd party warranty paperwork was included with purchase.
I researched as much as i could before i made the purchase, it was the only reason i went with the roush as the whipple would have been slightly cheaper package from LFP.

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
As I understand it, the roush kit does not retain the ford powertrain warranty. It is a 3rd party warranty.
That’s my experience with a 17. Don’t think it changes for newer years.

Sponsored

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
i believe that may be the "Roush Optional Powertrain Warranty" , the Ford Factory Warranty on the power train still exists if you buy a new mustang. From what i have asked LFP and seen advertised ( i know advertised could be bs) but the Roush supercharger comes with a 3/36k warranty and the Ford powertrain warranty is still honored. I bought an extended bumper to bumper for 6/60k as well.
I could be wrong but i researched and asked about it before i bought it from LFP.
I

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Roush supercharged car blows the engine/trans/rear end Ford Motor Company will definitely not cover it. No different than Ford performance.... Those are not "Ford". And as such are treated as a 3rd party (aftermarket) entity. Now will Lebanon fix it under warranty without telling Ford it was aftermarket supercharged? maybe.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
if you want a warranty. and 700 hp is enough, the included roush powertrain warranty is pretty good. really comes down to what you want. we've had our hands on 50 or so mustang and f150s locally split pretty even on roush and whipples so we have tons of experience on each. I'm always around for any questions 8 to 10 seven days a week. feel free to reach out with any questions.

we've also been running like 9s in our vortech car for almost a year now. so really have a good handle on all the types of power adders

Cavpilot2k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW 135i (modded)
I am looking at getting an 18 or 19 GT in the spring and have similar questions.
My use case would be Daily driver, very little track or drag time. 700 whp is more than plenty for me.
Planning on few additional mods - headers and exhaust are probably about it for now.
Based on that information, it sounds like many would recommend Roush, considering my modest power needs.
However, I had heard there were issues with the Roush tune due to being rushed out the door without fully testing. They may have been fixed by now or maybe they never existed (reviews are always questionable).
Also, Roush says it makes 700 HP. That would almost certainly be crank, not rwhp, right? So it is definitely the lower-powered of the two, it would seem.

My biggest interest is in long-term reliability rather than squeezing out every last HP.

Thoughts?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
yes, the ratin is crank horsepower

Sponsored

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Cavpilot2k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW 135i (modded)
Just ran my whipple stage 2 long tubes and factory cat back. Lund tuned on 93.
Would you DD it (including driving it in heavy, sometimes stop-and-go traffic)?
And expect it would hold up well mechanically?

I am not suggesting it shouldn't be okay - I am legitimately asking.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Would you DD it (including driving it in heavy, sometimes stop-and-go traffic)?
And expect it would hold up well mechanically?

I am not suggesting it shouldn't be okay - I am legitimately asking.
I have pretty much the same setup, and don't daily it, but wouldn't hesitate to if I needed to. I've driven it from Texas up into Canada around Lake Superior and back and had absolutely no issues. Car behaves fairly close to stock until you put your foot into it.

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I daily drove my last whipple s550 (6R80) with E85 for 10k miles the first year. I wouldn't hesitate to daily drive this one if it was my only car. It drives better than stock and has torque to spare whenever you want it. I think its better this way!

1crazymach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT 500
What is a realistic RWHP rating on Whipple with stock 2018 5.0 with Steeda X pipe on 91?
683 is what i put down with only x pipe stage 2 kit stock whipple tune 32oz bottle of torco 91 Chevron
Sponsored