Sponsored

Whipple Stage 1 or Roush Stage 2

ddaarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush RS2
I've narrowed it down to these 2 forced induction choices. It's going on a Roush RS2 PP 3.73 which I plan to keep.

Keep it all Roush or go with a Whipple. Shelby uses Whipple.

I have no plans to drag or take it to the track. 95% of the time I'm shifting before 3k.

Im aiming for end of July to have this all done. Is Whipple still backlogged on orders?

Opinions on which system to go are welcomed. Opinions on my driving style are not.
Sponsored

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
Also why waste money on a blower if you drive like a grandma

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
I have a Whipple stage 1 and I wish I had gotten a stage 2. Don’t get me wrong, I love how it drives but it’s a pain in the butt to go from a stage 1 to a stage 2. Then again, you may not notice much difference if you drive it like you’re describing. Why do you want a blower?

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
Whipple has higher quality parts overall, installs easier, and doesn't require cutting of the timing cover, engine block, or K brace. That alone was all the reason I needed. I've installed multiple TVS kits and multiple Whipple kits. When it came to buying my own kit, the choice was easy. Fit and finish are so far above TVS it's almost embarrassing.

Sponsored

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Also why waste money on a blower if you drive like a grandma
Not everyone is interested in beating the ever living shit out of their car at every opportunity. Plus, it's the OP's money.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I'm over the moon with my Roush, never had an issue with it. Smooth, reliable, no running hot or tune issues (Lund tuned). Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a fanboy always ready to insert a certain body part of a manufacturer's anatomy in my mouth. I'll tell ya flat out, the other supercharger's are awesome too. Whipple's kick *ss, point blank, no doubt about it. A cruise night friend of mine has a Whipple and it's top shelf, but the Roush isn't junk by a long shot. If you want the big horsepower, I think the Whipple would be the way to go with more room to grow. Another friend has a Procharger and he loves it. I helped him install it and it seemed like quality stuff also.

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
Can't go wrong with either. If you were going for all out power I'd say whipple. Since you are not I say just go with which ever you feel like. Maybe keep it all Roush?

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Not everyone is interested in beating the ever living shit out of their car at every opportunity. Plus, it's the OP's money.
He never said he should beat the shit out of it? but it does seem like a waste if you never use it..

Get the Gen 3 whipple. tried and true on the 15-17's!

sy1462

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Since you already have the Roush appearace package that may sway your decision? The tune from Roush for the P2 runs ok, I didn't have any issues with it especially if you aren't shooting for max power. Aftermarket tune runs much better. Also you may consider saving a few $$ and look at the P1 Roush as well if only street driving.

I don't have any perspective other than Roush but am very happy with mine. I'm also no fanboy of any brand and clearly the Whipple has many members here who love it too. Really can't go wrong with either I don't think.

Sponsored

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
I didn’t say beat the shit out of it. The guy shifts below 3k rpms... why even bother with a supercharger. Or a sports car in general?

Get a camry grandpa and set it to cruise at 55 in the fast lane.

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
Pd blower delivers the torque instantly.

Install one and never look back.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
both are high quality kits, really comes down to goals. feel free to give me a ring and we can go over your build and help steer you in the right direction.

beef
513-478-1965

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
I didn’t say beat the shit out of it. The guy shifts below 3k rpms... why even bother with a supercharger. Or a sports car in general?

Get a camry grandpa and set it to cruise at 55 in the fast lane.
I hear you on the "below 3k" but it's his money so what's it to you? Some people just want it to have a little fun every now and then, and don't race or drag. Save the granny and grandpa comments for homeroom.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Can't go wrong with either. If you were going for all out power I'd say whipple. Since you are not I say just go with which ever you feel like. Maybe keep it all Roush?
^This

My thought process is go big so i don't have to upgrade later when the thirst creeps in.
Sponsored