Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Deep cleaned the battery and cables AGAIN to replace the battery. Definitely the type of job that would be fine half assed by anyone but the owner. Look away if you are sensitive to gore and check you battery often.

MVIMG_20200828_103643.jpg
MVIMG_20200828_104935.jpg
MVIMG_20200828_105307.jpg
MVIMG_20200828_111539.jpg
MVIMG_20200828_112406.jpg
MVIMG_20200828_112451.jpg

Wow thats nasty. What would cause all that corrosion ? My car don't look like that.

Are you near the ocean ?
Sponsored

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Wow thats nasty. What would cause all that corrosion ? My car don't look like that.

Are you near the ocean ?
That would be from a leaking battery , usually the terminals crack at the base and cause them to leak. Big time issue on super dutys .

Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP

Are you near the ocean ?
Yes, but I'm thinking the battery overheats in this south Florida summer heat and the acid leaks through vents. Spirited driving and cranking high G turns probably doesnt help either

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Yes, but I'm thinking the battery overheats in this south Florida summer heat and the acid leaks through vents. Spirited driving and cranking high G turns probably doesnt help either
Do you ever drive around without the battery cover on? If so, that will cause the battery to get very hot from the engine bay heat. With the cover over the battery it stays relativity cool. Ford designed the battery box to get air ventilation while the car is moving, and the battery cover needs to be on to take full advantage of that.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Deep cleaned the battery and cables AGAIN to replace the battery. Definitely the type of job that would be fine half assed by anyone but the owner. Look away if you are sensitive to gore and check you battery often.
Holy F! Now we know why Ford puts a cover over it!

You did right by putting in that AGM type battery.

Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Do you ever drive around without the battery cover on? If
Never but
I autocross it and usually get IATs around 150-160F and the pavement can fry an egg
Cylinder head temps in the 220s I'm sure the wet cells don't like that

S550_GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
Regreased the rear vertical links and sway bar bushings... again... damn rain causing them to squeak.
I think mine are squeaking too. Over slow bumps, i get a tiny little chirp outta them. Is that what you are hearing too? I got the poly version hoping I wouldn't have to deal with any noise but it's been 6 months and they have been squeaking for the last 3.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Holy F! Now we know why Ford puts a cover over it!

You did right by putting in that AGM type battery.
If heat is a genuine issue / concern, why AGM ... ?

Most OE AGM applications will have the battery way out of the way of any heat source.

WD :like:

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
For video, just a GoPro Hero 8 Black for now. Since I'm just starting out I wanted something approachable and versatile.

Sound was initally recorded through a Edutige ETM-001 lavalier microphone that was taped just above the reverse lamp, and connected to the GoPro via the media mod case. The exhaust on these cars is so loud, though, that there was a lot of distortion on the high and low end. I could clean some of it up in post-production, but not enough for my satisfaction. Tiny, cheap mics like this condense the signal and boost the hell out of it, so I got something very loud and dynamically flat. Great for voice, not for screaming exhaust.

This setup is a Shure SM57 microphone into a Tascam DR-60 mk2 recorder. The microphone is what's known as a dynamic mic. They don't really do any sort of signal boosting/compressing, and have a much bigger range (quiet quiets, loud louds) without cutting off as much of the signal. I still have to do some work in post, but it's a much better recording to start with, and I can do a lot more with it.

Separating the sound recording from the video also gives me some more camera mounting options.
yeah it seems to be the way for separating sound and video is the best way certainly for clarity and indeed cheaper end mics just die on cars lol. Thank you for the info, I will look into these options further :thumbsup:

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Dropped my cheap a$$ Harbor Freight flashlight down into the engine bay right onto the splash pan. Tried to retrieve it since it had a magnet on the back. That was a royal pain. Got it as high as the coolant tank, went to reach in and grab it and then the magnet came off the flashlight. Down it went again, only this time out of site. Said to heck with it at this point. Hopefully it will fall out eventually and get squished by my tires. Cheap justice :clap:
My luck would dictate that the flashlight fall out and bounce up into my gas tank just like a pair of pliers did years ago on my 73 stang. Maybe you luck will be better...lol

Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
If heat is a genuine issue / concern, why AGM ... ?

Most OE AGM applications will have the battery way out of the way of any heat source.

WD :like:
I understand, the manufacturer says it will be fine. I've had two wet cells explode on me I'm willing to try something new and fail of I may

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
First, some real work and errands then new front springs, front anti roll bar, camber/caster plates, camber bolts & adjustable drop links for the bar and ARP extended wheel studs (front only). The car's back on the ground and I'm freakin' tired.

I'll align it tomorrow, I guess.

P. S. My work area looks like the Bay of Beirut, so I should probably tidy up a bit.
Sponsored

Last edited: