Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Silveryote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
How long did it take and did you have any help? Mine has been sitting in my closet for 2 years I bought in a group buy but never had a reason to take the front end off yet
Took a couple of hours. I've had the front end off a few times in the past so it's very easy. I took my time to open up the grill. I took a grinder and removed about a quarter inch from the backside of the grill. That opened up the closed off holes. Then I sanded my work nice and clean with a DA.
Sponsored

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
Went to a car show for autism
Screenshot_20200822-171144_Facebook.jpg
20200822_134849.jpg

Scott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 2008 Mustang GT/CS, 1970 Boss 302
Vehicle Showcase
The Commander and Chief is at a girl’s week at the cottage and has left me at home unsupervised. You know what they say, “when the Cats away the Mice well play” (in my case Mouse). Realistically though, she has left me with a Honey-Do-List longer than my arm.

I ordered a Trufiber carbon fiber Front Lip to replace the OEM plastic one on a CJ Pony Parts sale way back on May 10th. The lip just like everything from Trufiber these days was back ordered, and I just received it a little over a week ago.

Better pictures to follow when the car is back down on the ground.

FQQxvd5.jpg

yOW9WpK.jpg

86pagt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Finished up BMR Min drop springs today. Did the fronts last night and finished the rear today with CB010 and centering sleeves also installed. Quick trip around the block everything was great. Happy with the results.
91AC979E-600F-41B3-ADC2-5C9745C01724.jpeg

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Wait.....

You're having all 4 tires dismounted, and moving them from the front rims to rear, and vice-versa?

Is it work the hassle, when the tires last for such a short time?
No you just swap L&R front and same for the rear. see photo

Driver side still mounted
IMG_0396.jpeg

Passengers side rolled next to it

IMG_0395.jpeg

Doing the oil change @ 2k early after break in. I use the oil changes as a bench mark for tires, little quicker rotations. I find get the most life out of them. Done this for all my cars for many years.

Got the tail pipes wrapped,
IMG_0393.jpeg
ready for a twisty mountain run.

Such a boot I am need to look up the oil life reset dance LOL

Last edited:

Sponsored

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Got her all cleaned up , got caught in a monsoon on my way home from work . Finally found a product that I like to clean the wheels . Adams shit is the bomb.
20200823_083115.jpg
20200823_083027.jpg

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
The Commander and Chief is at a girl’s week at the cottage and has left me at home unsupervised. You know what they say, “when the Cats away the Mice well play” (in my case Mouse). Realistically though, she has left me with a Honey-Do-List longer than my arm.

I ordered a Trufiber carbon fiber Front Lip to replace the OEM plastic one on a CJ Pony Parts sale way back on May 10th. The lip just like everything from Trufiber these days was back ordered, and I just received it a little over a week ago.

Better pictures to follow when the car is back down on the ground.

I agree Trufiber, do nice work have the brake &
coolant reservoirs, that splitter looks good on your car.
DSC_0228.jpg

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Ruined it.

Unwarranted trust in the backup function's solid beep ("12 inches" it says) left the car far enough forward that a garage door hinge took a two-track, one thirty-second of an inch bite out of the very tip of he nose. Why this should happen after a several-year period with no such consequences might be explained by a slightly more extreme angle from straight. Or some displaced obstacle at the rear of the parking slot. Whatever, there it is. Can't miss it. Guess I'll be shopping for a new, unmarked Mustang.

EDIT: Add photos, and...

Two separate trails, one of the essentially like I said at first. Bad News. Killer scratches. I'm not likely to replace the nose section, for reasons of cost and metallic paint color and phase match.

Plan A: Get a new car.

Plan B: Ignore its presence (and any subsequent dings) like I would on an ordinary car;

Plan B: Do some filling and smoothing and add a satin black, or some other sort of obscure color stripe. Maybe bright, bright orange? Big, wide, single bright, bright orange stripe Maybe painted the Mustang orange. Hm.
Bad News1024_IMG_0242.jpg
Killer Scratches1024_IMG_0247.jpg

Last edited:

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
It can't be repaired?

Ruined it.

Unwarranted trust in the backup function's solid beep ("12 inches" it says) left the car far enough forward that a garage door hinge took a two-track, one thirty-second of an inch bite out of the very tip of he nose. Why this should happen after a several-year period with no such consequences might be explained by a slightly more extreme angle from straight. Or some displaced obstacle at the rear of the parking slot. Whatever, there it is. Can't miss it. Guess I'll be shopping for a new, unmarked Mustang.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ruined it.

If that what it takes to get a new one , I might not pull in so deep ........lol

Sponsored

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

thecloneranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 royal crimson mustang gt
Well I did some engine detailing today and used some foam engine cleaner on it and gently hoses it down with some water. Engine looks clean but now I’m getting codes p2119 p2112 throttle body actuator. Did I short a wire or something I hardly used any water and I’ve cleaned the engine twice already like this didn’t have a problem

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Well I did some engine detailing today and used some foam engine cleaner on it and gently hoses it down with some water. Engine looks clean but now I’m getting codes p2119 p2112 throttle body actuator. Did I short a wire or something I hardly used any water and I’ve cleaned the engine twice already like this didn’t have a problem
If it's water causing the issue, I'd think after driving it a couple times and getting the engine bay hot, anything that got wet would fully dry out. Clear the codes and see if they come back.

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
Wrapped up my first paint correction adventure. Took me a while and I know there is room for improvement in my process but I think it went well especially for my first time. I used primarily Griots products as they are local and have a good reputation for a balance of quality and ease of use. Washed, decontaminated, clayed, polished, waxed, and did the tires, glass, interior, and exhaust tips. Got a TON of info on products and process here, so much love to everyone sharing their info!