What did you do to your 18+ eco today?

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
Look at the pictures on my phone and miss it while I'm gone on the West Coast for work
:(

Before I left in May, I swapped to an Airaid intake and I just ordered the MBRP street spec exhaust so that's waiting for me at home. Gonna install that and possibly a tune when I visit home for the 4th of July and hit up Blood Mountain.
If you remember this post, hit me up with a PM if you decide to ride up Blood.
I hope I'll have my GT back in town by then.
Sponsored

Scrambler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ingot EB w/Auto
Look at the pictures on my phone and miss it while I'm gone on the West Coast for work
:(

Before I left in May, I swapped to an Airaid intake and I just ordered the MBRP street spec exhaust so that's waiting for me at home. Gonna install that and possibly a tune when I visit home for the 4th of July and hit up Blood Mountain.
Who tunes the 2018's? Save your money on the intake as the cost doesn't justify the gains.

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Who tunes the 2018's? Save your money on the intake as the cost doesn't justify the gains.
I am not aware of anyone that does yet. He may be mistaken

Scrambler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ingot EB w/Auto
I am not aware of anyone that does yet. He may be mistaken
You know; the more that I drive the car; I find that the factory tune along with the 10 speed auto is just
fine for me. The car is an absolute blast whether in city driving or on the open highway. I have a stroked 400rwhp '95 GT for those times I want to really tear it up.

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
Brembo 6 Pistons

I did this :headbang:

Brembo 6.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
You know; the more that I drive the car; I find that the factory tune along with the 10 speed auto is just
fine for me. The car is an absolute blast whether in city driving or on the open highway. I have a stroked 400rwhp '95 GT for those times I want to really tear it up.
I know I need a bigger intercooler being in Phoenix. Also I think I need more top end so a fp tune may need to happen in the future.

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost

Sponsored

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Brembos look great. Are you setting the car up for track days?
Yes, eventually. I bought it to use as a daily driver and occasional HPDE car. The plan is, once the warranty expires, I will move it more towards a dedicated track car. I took it to Road America last month. After a few laps in the first session, the pedal was getting soft. On the 6th or 7th lap, the pedal touched bottom. Rather than spend a bunch of money trying to get the 4 piston brakes/rotors up to snuff, I just bailed and installed the GT PP 6 piston Brembos and larger rotors. I haven't tracked it yet with these, but I'm expecting an improvement.

Scrambler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ingot EB w/Auto
Yes, eventually. I bought it to use as a daily driver and occasional HPDE car. The plan is, once the warranty expires, I will move it more towards a dedicated track car. I took it to Road America last month. After a few laps in the first session, the pedal was getting soft. On the 6th or 7th lap, the pedal touched bottom. Rather than spend a bunch of money trying to get the 4 piston brakes/rotors up to snuff, I just bailed and installed the GT PP 6 piston Brembos and larger rotors. I haven't tracked it yet with these, but I'm expecting an improvement.
That's a great mod and should really help in reaching your goal. What pads did you go with?

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's a great mod and should really help in reaching your goal. What pads did you go with?
Right now I just have the stock GT PP pads. I've had decent experience with Hawk in the past, e.g., HP+, etc. I still need to figure out how I want to run some cooling ducting.