Sponsored

Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
From someone whos got the a10, is it really worth it over stock ? i don't want to get ripped off
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
From someone whos got the a10, is it really worth it over stock ? i don't want to get ripped off
I'd say not really for an A10 unless it's someone who wants a semi warrantied option over performance. If that is not the case and its available in your area consider an e85 or flex tune. That will completely change the car and actually costs less. By far best bang for the buck single mod.

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
I'd say not really for an A10 unless it's someone who wants a semi warrantied option over performance. If that is not the case and its available in your area consider an e85 or flex tune. That will completely change the car and actually costs less. By far best bang for the buck single mod.
I wish we had e85 at the pump. Only 94 or less

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I wish we had e85 at the pump. Only 94 or less
In that case long tubes and AED/Lund/PBD tune for the fuel you have available?

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I came across this video on youtube, someone got only 5+ HP and 7+ TQ on dyno after the install.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I came across this video on youtube, someone got only 5+ HP and 7+ TQ on dyno after the install.

Even going in with no expectations that would be pretty disappointing after paying that much. To be fair though I'd say that example is pretty low most are getting about the 15whp range on avg. Again its a fine kit for warranty minded people. But for performance seeking or best bang for the buck there are definitely better options.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Even going in with no expectations that would be pretty disappointing after paying that much. To be fair though I'd say that example is pretty low most are getting about the 15whp range on avg. Again its a fine kit for warranty minded people. But for performance seeking or best bang for the buck there are definitely better options.
It has a lot of safety margin built in. Mine feels very much stock on these 80/90° days where the humidity is high. It just makes me wish we had higher octane available.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Suspension and tire makes the traction alot more controllable and the power much more usable. Agreed e completely transforms this platform.
I already have dual rate Steeda springs and I am running RE-71R 285s on lighter/wider wheels. I still need to finish buying stop the hop components, but I haven't found hop to be much of an issue after new wheels/tires/springs.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
E85 tuned pulls strong even in heat and humidity. I notice almost zero power loss except traction is finally better. Car feels faster in the heat. Pump gas sucks. lol.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I already have dual rate Steeda springs and I am running RE-71R 285s on lighter/wider wheels. I still need to finish buying stop the hop components, but I haven't found hop to be much of an issue after new wheels/tires/springs.
Better rubber, springs and cradle lockouts are really key in hop control. Everything else is just a bonus.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
E85 tuned pulls strong even in heat and humidity. I notice almost zero power loss except traction is finally better. Car feels faster in the heat. Pump gas sucks. lol.
Cooler operating temps also just a nice side effect. Even in 110 avg summer temps here in Phoenix lol.

Davefzr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
So looking at your 1st graph vs. this recent graph. If i am looking at it all right, you picked up 20 peak hp and about 8 tq with the ford perf pack?
Overall, How do you like it?
The car feels amazing.

The best way that I can describe it is Do you know how the car feels amazing when it’s cold out? My car feels that way all the time even when it’s warm plus a step above that. I’ll be posting one more dyno sheet of the true before and after including the higher octane.

Pandajoshy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

That's my video actually lol. Yeah that dyno run was right after install. I wonder if I dynoed it now maybe I would have higher numbers now that the car had time to learn the fuel octane?

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
That's my video actually lol. Yeah that dyno run was right after install. I wonder if I dynoed it now maybe I would have higher numbers now that the car had time to learn the fuel octane?
I know in some cases some power installs dyno better over time not right away. Also KAM resets first may help and drive for maybe 500+ miles?

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Better rubber, springs and cradle lockouts are really key in hop control. Everything else is just a bonus.
I am probably going Sport Cup 2s after I melt the RE-71Rs down. I really don't want to go much wider, as I want to keep this 285 square setup for handling.
Sponsored