Sponsored

Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
If you're getting a tune for 93 octane, definitely go for the Petro Can 94. If it's a 91 tune, save the $ and go Shell.
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
So i have a couple places where i live to but gas and i was wondering what would be better. I can get Shell 91 which is 0% ethanol and Petro Canada which has 94 with up to 10% ethanol. Would the Shell gas be the better choice since it has 0% ethanol?

No question, the 94 octane with 10% ethanol.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
So i have a couple places where i live to but gas and i was wondering what would be better. I can get Shell 91 which is 0% ethanol and Petro Canada which has 94 with up to 10% ethanol. Would the Shell gas be the better choice since it has 0% ethanol?
94 with 10% e. Higher octane fuel plus e for cooling effects and more knock resistance.

BlackMambaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gord
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
The original warranty does not get voided! If a failure arises prior to the 36 mo or 36 k mark that is caused by the tune then Ford performance picks up the tab. If it is not caused by the tune then the original Ford warranty covers you! There was a post by Ford performance in one of the two tune pac threads explained it fully. It might have been in the levittown group buy thread.
The original power train warranty is 5 years and 60K miles. The power train warranty with the FRPP tune is 3 years and 36K miles. So how are we not losing 2 years and 24K miles? Once again, if the tune is so safe, then why is the original factory warranty affected in any way?

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
The original power train warranty is 5 years and 60K miles. The power train warranty with the FRPP tune is 3 years and 36K miles. So how are we not losing 2 years and 24K miles? Once again, if the tune is so safe, then why is the original factory warranty affected in any way?
https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/PDFS/fpp-warranty.pdf

Performance Packs and Component Parts Performance Packs and Components are warranted for factory-supplied material or workmanship when correctly and completely installed on a late model Ford vehicle by an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer, Shelby American, Inc., or an automotive service technician certified by the Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) or endorsed by the Red Seal Program (RSE). This Performance Packs and Components Limited Warranty begins upon installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Performance and remains in effect for the balance of 36 months or 36,000 miles / 60,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first, calculated from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Installation of these select Ford Performance warranted performance packs and components by an authorized installer will NOT void your New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Engine, driveline and suspension concerns not caused by the use of Ford Performance parts remain eligible for warranty coverage according to the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Ford Performance parts are aftermarket parts. The use of Ford Performance parts may impact the performance characteristics of other systems of the vehicle. Even when operating properly, Ford Performance parts, such as these, have the potential to adversely impact other systems of the vehicle. If an adverse impact is caused by a warranted Ford Performance pack or component, the period and coverage of this Ford Performance Limited Warranty applies to the repairs.

Sponsored

BlackMambaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gord
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/PDFS/fpp-warranty.pdf

Performance Packs and Component Parts Performance Packs and Components are warranted for factory-supplied material or workmanship when correctly and completely installed on a late model Ford vehicle by an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer, Shelby American, Inc., or an automotive service technician certified by the Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) or endorsed by the Red Seal Program (RSE). This Performance Packs and Components Limited Warranty begins upon installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Performance and remains in effect for the balance of 36 months or 36,000 miles / 60,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first, calculated from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Installation of these select Ford Performance warranted performance packs and components by an authorized installer will NOT void your New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Engine, driveline and suspension concerns not caused by the use of Ford Performance parts remain eligible for warranty coverage according to the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Ford Performance parts are aftermarket parts. The use of Ford Performance parts may impact the performance characteristics of other systems of the vehicle. Even when operating properly, Ford Performance parts, such as these, have the potential to adversely impact other systems of the vehicle. If an adverse impact is caused by a warranted Ford Performance pack or component, the period and coverage of this Ford Performance Limited Warranty applies to the repairs.

Thank you, this is exactly what I'm saying. This is a tune that changes many engine and transmission parameters as well as the throttle body and air intake. So if you have any engine or transmission issues after the 3/36 is over, Ford is going to blame it on the tune. Otherwise, the tune would just be covered by the original factory warranty. The fact that Ford won't just cover the tune as part of the original factory warranty should tell you that they will try to use the tune to deny power train claims after the 3/36 is over.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Warranty is only one part, the fact that's it has a CARB EO# is the other factor. I agree yes there is more power to be had probably with other tunes or going to E85, but you will have issues with warranty (first 3 years on a new car, such as mine) and dealing with emissions. I don't think anyone was disputing the fact that you give up 2 years. To be honest I believe if something is going to happen to the drive-line it will rear its head before this would happen, hopefully!!

Also at $1000 this isn't bad. Just from the cost of the parts you will get to $1000. Coming from the BMW world I am in heaven with the costs to modify compared to BMW, Porsche world.

jabela

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 and Mustang

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
^^ lol. Hopefully they remember to install the air inlet tube on the new Mach 1.

Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
It's a cumulative thing. Run enough lead through a converter and it will die.

Also, per the owners manual, fuels containing more than 15% alcohol should not be used. Last time I checked, to get 95 octane by mixing e85 with 91 octane it resulted in ~e43.

Screenshot_20200611-161033.png
So most of us have used octane booster with mmt. Why does Ford say not to use it when the can says 02, cat safe?

Couldn't the company be sued for liability or false advertisement if that was not true?

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
So most of us have used octane booster with mmt. Why does Ford say not to use it when the can says 02, cat safe?

Couldn't the company be sued for liability or false advertisement if that was not true?
IDK, I'm not a lawyer. Just pointing out what is in the owners manual. Internet hearsay nor claims on the back of product will be a defense to ignoring the owners manual if you need to make a warranty claim.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Also running up to an E30 is actually pretty safe as well. I limit mine to E25 to get me to a 93-94 octane as I run a couple of gallons of VP100 Unleaded per tank as well.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
IDK, I'm not a lawyer. Just pointing out what is in the owners manual. Internet hearsay nor claims on the back of product will be a defense to ignoring the owners manual if you need to make a warranty claim.
I wouldn't go after Ford Motor Company. I used your quote more for the attachment for the general board. Probably should have used just the attachment alone.

The PP2 kit tune for the 15-17s is not safe on Ca 91 octane. Booster or slight e85 is needed especially in the summer.

I have heard the kit tune for the 18+ is better so might get away with it.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Also running up to an E30 is actually pretty safe as well. I limit mine to E25 to get me to a 93-94 octane as I run a couple of gallons of VP100 Unleaded per tank as well.

Yea i am going to try a few gallons of E ontop of 91 to hopefully target 93-94. This summer heat and the iats are perfect for detonation. I don't really want to run a booster the entire summer.

I have a station about 10 min up the road ill give it a try. Tricky though.. too much and risk running lean.
Sponsored