GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
My engine spun rod bearing #1 and #2.

Called Ford Performance again about the engine builder nameplate. They aren't able to get blank ones either.

Called Ford Customer Relationship Center to request an extended warranty due to the engine replacement and not having the full coverage on my new engine. They tried transferring me to the ESP hotline to sell me one.
Sponsored

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
Thank you for taking the time to keep us updated here.

I'm sorry for what you're going through.

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Your not getting paid for diminished value. You get a new 23k engine. Put your money in a bond fund if you want guaranteed money earnings.
The consumer protection attorney I met with would disagree that's entirely what lemon laws are for of which a blown motor within a certain time frame especially when said motor is serialized and a huge part of the diminished value. For you to he made whole, doesnt just require the replacements of the engine.
What good is touting your getting a 23k engine when the last 23k engine failed LOL that's an INSANE logic tree it's obviously scrap metal now so was it's a 23k dollar engine or a piece of shit that just cost him to lose a 1/4 of his investment? God it's so nuts to tout the new engine he is getting, as if he won a price, in place of the......drum roll new engine he already HAD without the diminished value....if you dont mod the car you shouldnt be hung out and there are laws on the books to prevent companies from doing just that....

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
You wont get it, and all you get is a bill from the lawyer. This whole diminished value thing is silly, as its not a collectible car yet. If it was in a crash, then perhaps you can eek some out....how will anyone determine whats been diminished anyhow from an engine replacement, future value or present value? Sure present value can be determined....but future value, nope. If the lawyer can determine future values, hes a genius. The lawyer is scamming you, if he does it (the case) for free and gets a cut after the award...that's what he ought to do. Otherwise its just paying his green fees at the golf club.

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
You wont get it, and all you get is a bill from the lawyer. This whole diminished value thing is silly, as its not a collectible car yet. If it was in a crash, then perhaps you can eek some out....how will anyone determine whats been diminished anyhow from an engine replacement, future value or present value? Sure present value can be determined....but future value, nope. If the lawyer can determine future values, hes a genius. The lawyer is scamming you, if he does it (the case) for free and gets a cut after the award...that's what he ought to do. Otherwise its just paying his green fees at the golf club.
Again when I met with the lawyer the lemon laws specify the manufacturer pays the lawyer bill if that car is within the statute of limitations of his states lemon laws he can easily seek to be made whole for no money out of his pocket via lemon law and a consumer protection attorney. Tsb7718 was dropped hoping a good percentage of the Gen3 would last outside those consumer protections so it would just be RnR vs buy back, key for key and diminished value claims...its precisely why lemon laws exist to counter behavior where the consumer is burdened with undue devaluation because of factory defects.

Sponsored

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Again when I met with the lawyer the lemon laws specify the manufacturer pays the lawyer bill if that car is within the statute of limitations of his states lemon laws he can easily seek to be made whole for no money out of his pocket via lemon law and a consumer protection attorney. Tsb7718 was dropped hoping a good percentage of the Gen3 would last outside those consumer protections so it would just be RnR vs buy back, key for key and diminished value claims...its precisely why lemon laws exist to counter behavior where the consumer is burdened with undue devaluation because of factory defects.
Btw it's easy to prove the initial depreciation of diminished value you simply ask the Ford dealer how much they will pay for the car once it's on the carfax get 2 or 3 quotes then compare to like cars wouldn't take your lawyer 2 weeks to get an accurate number...the lemon laws are setup around THAT day you receive the car how much it diminished vs had it not blown, not 25 years down the road. For instance a well known case for a regular GT premium engine failure at low miles was determined as $8500 diminished value the day the engine went in prompting an immediate buy back including sales tax and Ford had to eat all of it.....there is NO risk to a new car owner within 1 year ( 2 years in most states ) whereby they lose an unmodded engine it's open and shut easy peasy.......its in the LAW....CA attorney will jump on those

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Lawyers will tell clients what they want to hear, its what they do. I'd like to see an actual case settled, where Ford paid a person money for diminished value of a car due to an engine replacement and/or buyback with a kicker thrown in. So far, i see no evidence of it ever happening. If the lawyer absolves you of any fees if you don't get a settlement, then I suppose its on him. Buybacks have happened, but its only for the purchase price of the car and taxes and fees added in. If you get buyback for all that, AND they give you an extra few thousand or whatever....for diminished value...I think that would be a first.

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Lawyers will tell clients what they want to hear, its what they do. I'd like to see an actual case settled, where Ford paid a person money for diminished value of a car due to an engine replacement and/or buyback with a kicker thrown in. So far, i see no evidence of it ever happening. If the lawyer absolves you of any fees if you don't get a settlement, then I suppose its on him. Buybacks have happened, but its only for the purchase price of the car and taxes and fees added in. If you get buyback for all that, AND they give you an extra few thousand or whatever....for diminished value...I think that would be a first.
There seems to be a misunderstanding here probably by my phrasing...the diminished value inherent in a blown engine, especially and particularly a serialized one, while the car is within the statute of limitations is what triggers the Lemon Law protections and makes the manufacturer, in this case Ford responsible for lawyers fees thats the LAW it's why they want to avoid it. I didnt not mean to imply he could get a buy back and diminished value, the diminished value is what triggers the protections he gets an attorney and they work out diminished value compensation, a key for key ( lots of nut huggers got this route and Ford prefers it especially if financed to a buy back; ironically I'm not a nut hugger and this was the route I was gonna go simply because imho you cant buy a faster car for less money if you get a good one) or a buy back which includes everything down to taxes minus a mileage hit that even be negotiated by your lawyer ( if there is one thing I've learned in life for God's sake if there is even a question its NEVER not worked out for me to just turn it over to an attorney taking emotion and misunderstanding of the law out of the equation for variables you would be surprised how often they pay for themselves I've had one at work both ingress and egress for 12 years straight lol) and goes to the date the problem was first suspected meaning had he brought it in before total failure and been turned away with a half ass effort at diagnosing THAT is the mileage not when it actually failed.
I did not mean to imply he would get diminished value plus a buy back...but that the diminished value within your states statute of limitations for lemon law, would trigger said laws and provide no out of pocket protection that in the case of a serialized collector car imho he would be far better off as a long or short term investment forcing a buy back then getting either another or waiting on the GT500...
Ford getting forced to do so many buy backs on the gen3 is what prompted the 7718 drop after all these years with the hope that your engine makes it past lemon law protection timeframes ( it would on mine I dont daily the car ) and then it's a R and R 1/5th the cost to them as a buy back.....
I also met with an attorney of whom we almost agreed to challenge 7718 for those whom like myself bought it before such a document could be disclosed that FORD willingly admits in writing the operating characteristics of the engine you are demoed and purchased may change from slightly to grossly after the first oil change and no repair shall be attempted.
The argument being prior to 7718 one could not make an informed purchase decision nor was it disclosed at the time of sale the quite car your buying could sound like a diesel after the first oil change.lol....he was actually shocked they put that in writing it didnt absolve them it damns them....lol

OP
OP
GrabberBlue

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
1 week from dropping the car off and the engine replacement is completed.
Resized_20190605_163814_1159.jpg

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Looks like they did a good job. I’d check all the clamps and hoses to be sure they are all seated properly. I had two that needed adjusted a bit after mine was done.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I went over my engine and the tech did do a good job. Everything was tight and where it was supposed to be.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
The consumer protection attorney I met with would disagree that's entirely what lemon laws are for of which a blown motor within a certain time frame especially when said motor is serialized and a huge part of the diminished value. For you to he made whole, doesnt just require the replacements of the engine.
What good is touting your getting a 23k engine when the last 23k engine failed LOL that's an INSANE logic tree it's obviously scrap metal now so was it's a 23k dollar engine or a piece of shit that just cost him to lose a 1/4 of his investment? God it's so nuts to tout the new engine he is getting, as if he won a price, in place of the......drum roll new engine he already HAD without the diminished value....if you dont mod the car you shouldnt be hung out and there are laws on the books to prevent companies from doing just that....
Impossible to read this...damn, man.

Edward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Lightning
To the OP, your best bet is to file a claim with Ford to do a buyback or replacement. In my situation, while my car was in the shop for over 7 weeks, all it took was a phone call. Two days later, I was told it was approved. This was with only 4k miles on the clock.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
To the OP, your best bet is to file a claim with Ford to do a buyback or replacement. In my situation, while my car was in the shop for over 7 weeks, all it took was a phone call. Two days later, I was told it was approved. This was with only 4k miles on the clock.
he got it done and had it back in a week...probably not gonna qualify for buyback

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Depends on his reason for having the car. If he has it to drive and enjoy for 20+years why should he care if it was replaced? If he bought it as an investment, then yeah maybe he should.
Personally I wouldn't care if I had 2-3 replacements other then the annoyance of it. I buy a car to drive an enjoy. The value of it means little to nothing to me.
Sponsored