Sponsored

What’s the better VooDoo now?

Rusherific

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
I haven't been keeping up lately to know what or how many Gen 2 issues are popping up, but at the end of the day none of us know the actual numbers. You can't measure the significance of a low-rate occurrence by how many people happen to go online to complain about it. We're completely speculating and always have been, especially within the context of failure rates of other similar performance cars.

Maybe the Gen 2 voodoo's are even worse than the originals? Probably not, but who knows! We sure don't.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
What kind of issues have been popping up for the Gen 2 Voodoo ?

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
yeah ok jackass... maybe I’m simply making a point that it looks like all the voodoos are probably equally good. I’m not hacking on the newer ones.
No need to overreact. I was just saying this comes up all the time and it always stirs the pot...so you saying that you aren't doing that....was entertaining.

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
I've been going back and forth for a while as to whether to buy a jeep wrangler.. go over to those forums if you want to be flooded by quality control issues.
Just joined the JL forum about 3 minutes ago as I need a new family rig and CTS-V wagons are out of control and the Focus RS is just a touch too small for a family of 4. Loved that they brought half-doors back... I owned 2 JK's before and was impressed with resale value and overall build quality (neither was ever in the shop for more than scheduled maintenance). The Grand Cherokee has been OK. Has a head replaced early on, fuel system from the fuel filler to and including the tank were replaced at 40,000 and a radiator at 59,000. That $1100 extended warranty paid dividends.

Anyway, hope to catch up with you around Wiso this summer Lorne!

OP
OP
The Rooster

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
No need to overreact. I was just saying this comes up all the time and it always stirs the pot...so you saying that you aren't doing that....was entertaining.
Im not religiously on the forum so I honestly didn’t know the topic had been discussed and is a sore spot.

My point is just that the earlier voodoo has been out long enough that the “problem” engines have likely been identified and the other 98% are just fine.
Because the newer version is still fresh the 2% (or whatever the percentage of failure is)are yet to be identified.
when the dust settles I doubt one will realistically be better than the other. Which is good for all of us.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
So now that the gremlins are appearing in some of the 2019-2020 voodoos are we still thinking that they are the “better” option?

Not trying to stir the pot here, I know the failure rate of both versions is small percentage wise... I’m just curious what everyone thinks.
I have had owned 5 Gen 1 equipped GT350/R's and 1 Gen 2 equipped GT350R with all engines performing outstanding therefore have not had any issues with either generation of engine.

Of the 17,799 Gen 1 vehicles produced I suggest that a very small percentage had engine failures directly related to the Ford Motor Company with some engine failures related directly to some of the GT350/R owners themselves.

I also suggest the same scenario applies to the ~7,000 Gen 2 equipped GT350/R's that were built at the Romeo Engine Plant over the last 2 model years namely 2019 and 2020.

Bottom line is that I suggest that whether anyone who ones a Gen 1 equipped GT350/R or a Gen 2 equipped GT350/R there is really not much difference in overall reliability.

:wink:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Perhaps the new block, bigger head bolts result in less bore distortion which explains the potential increase in horsepower reported by some?

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I've been going back and forth for a while as to whether to buy a jeep wrangler.. go over to those forums if you want to be flooded by quality control issues.
My '12 and '13 JKs were such reliability nightmares I don't see ever going back to a Jeep. I didn't even have the '12 a year before I had had enough (I swear that vehicle was possessed) and gave them one last try with the '13. The '13 kept me on my toes with what I came to call the Annual Issue (you never knew what it would be, but there was one every year), each of which would have been a significant expense out of warranty. When the transmission started to get wonky shifting into high gear at 60K miles (shortly after the leaky front axle seals) it was time to punt it and take advantage of the resale. The sad part is I loved them (and the two TJs I had, which were better), but never again.

C0BRA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Magnetic Metallic
Vehicle Showcase