Sponsored

Another Voodoo Gave The Ghost

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Have to say I agree with @Scwerin. I bought my car to enjoy. I was down 36 days. I'm happy to have her back, and I would not want to do it again. But all the rest, meh. If I was buying a car to collect, It would not be this one. Even if this does become a collectible, I'll to be to old to care that much.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GrabberBlue

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
I'm not looking to do a buyback. I daily my car because it deserves to be driven. The Voodoo is a unique one of a kind engine that never will be seen again in a Ford. I cannot be more grateful to have purchased the last new Grabber Blue GT350 which was only a dream.

During this engine replacement process I received the best version of the Voodoo (GT500 improvements). So far the process has gone extraordinarily smooth with a high level of attention to detail. Mostly this is thanks to the incredible service at Sanderson Ford.

The only thing I am looking for from this process is to get an extended warranty as others have received and the correct engine builder plate for this replacement engine. Once I have received both I will have been made whole and will have nothing negative to say.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
I doubt you get a new engine builder plate. They will transfer over the old one. I don’t think anyone with a new motor got a new builder plate.

OP
OP
GrabberBlue

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Yes, that is correct. Talking with Ford Performance, There is not a means to get a engine builders plate for a replacement engine through them. The issue being that Romeo Niche Line is not responsive to the requests. I think it was a really poor choice/oversight for Ford to not have the builder(s) stamp the build plate and package it with the replacement engine. That being said if I am unable to acquire it, I will be not fully satisfied with the engine replacement process.

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
Romea Niche Line is not responsive to requests.. lol. Who do they think they are. yes, they created a very awesome engine but time to get off their high horse with so many of these engines failing.. just lol. lol
Hope you get your plate somehow.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GrabberBlue

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Well, I got the car back the Friday before last. By the time I got home it overheated and began smoking severely from the exhaust the following day.

It was returned to the dealer last Monday. Today received confirmation that a second replacement engine has been approved and is on its way.

A Ford Regional Customer Service Representative was assigned to handle my case. They offered a buyback or replacement as my car officially became eligible under Arizona Lemon Law yesterday. The only thing that would draw me to a replacement is a GT350R which I doubt would be approved. I asked for an extended warranty due to the first engine replacement and took the 5 year/75k bumper to bumper with $100 deductible. Inorder for me to not go forward with a buyback that will need to be extended to 7 year/100k as this is a little ridiculous. Three engines in under 7k miles and 6 months of ownership.

Anyone been successful with getting a GT350R during the Ford RAV replacement process?

Edward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Lightning
RAV will approve an R as a replacement. The problem is finding a a dealer with an R to do the deal. I tried the same with my case and couldn’t find a dealer willing. Neither RAV nor Ford can make a dealer do a replacement.

OP
OP
GrabberBlue

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Man I hate to hear that. Get a new car start over.
I will attempt to get a R replacement.

I highly recommend moving on, sadly.
Keeping my Grabber Blue or attempting to get a GT350R

RAV will approve an R as a replacement. The problem is finding a a dealer with an R to do the deal. I tried the same with my case and couldn’t find a dealer willing. Neither RAV nor Ford can make a dealer do a replacement.
Thanks for the info, I'll at least give it a shot to get an R as a replacement. If it doesn't work out then it doesn't work out.

Sponsored

Mpt233

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
17 gt350
I got my engine replaced a few weeks ago how do I know if I got the latest version with gt500 improvements? I understand they are built to better withstand boost? I'm foolishly considering the hellion kit.

OP
OP
GrabberBlue

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
I got my engine replaced a few weeks ago how do I know if I got the latest version with gt500 improvements? I understand they are built to better withstand boost? I'm foolishly considering the hellion kit.
Pop your driver side valve cover, if it says KA then it is the 2019 revision.

OP
OP
GrabberBlue

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Looking at it realistically, I don't know if I could justify an R. My 17 is perfect, and with the new 19 engine even better.

On a 19 R I would need:
  • Order up everything I did for my 17
  • New tires by the end of the year due to SC2 short life (1200 miles a month)
  • Likely going to be screwed in the rain until I get new tires (AZ monsoons)
  • Finding a GT350R rear seat kit
  • Replacing BLIS mirrors with 18 mirrors (I hate BLIS)

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
How many times can lightning strike in the same place. It sounds like you love your 2017 and have it just the way you want it. Get all the extended warranties that you can from Ford, get another new engine and enjoy it. Make sure they replace all the oil lines and cooler as maybe there was some debris left behind from your other failures.
Sponsored