Sponsored

Another broken Voodoo

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
I for one would not be making a payment on a parked car under warranty, Ford would be doing that as this is ridiculous.
Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
I for one would not be making a payment on a parked car under warranty, Ford would be doing that as this is ridiculous.
And you would be in violation of the loan agreement you signed. It's not the "bank's" fault the car is just sitting there.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
And you would be in violation of the loan agreement you signed. It's not the "bank's" fault the car is just sitting there.
I think you misunderstand the point, I know full well the bank has zero shits to give. I would be however all over Ford for piss poor execution of a warranty issue with a halo car resulting in the vehicle being parked at their location for 30 days plus.

Ford needs to get there shit together. Hopefully they offered a reasonable alternative to the customer.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I think you misunderstand the point, I know full well the bank has zero shits to give. I would be however all over Ford for piss poor execution of a warranty issue with a halo car resulting in the vehicle being parked at their location for 30 days plus.

Ford needs to get there shit together. Hopefully they offered a reasonable alternative to the customer.
I agree. And they could easily pay the owners monthly payment while it's down. And I thought the op said they didn't give him a loaner?

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Wow... That's a terrible statement.

I just took mine in at 550 miles to get the oil changed. My choice mechanic is a senior master something or another there and the only one in the area... His credentials are on the wall about 10-12 times.

He told me to drive it on the lift... Asked me to watch the whole process... Laid mats over the fender, cloths under the funnel and across the valve cover, checked all fluids and then buttoned everything up as if it was his kid in a new diaper. He then asked me when I was going with racing brake fluid...;)

My Ford mechanic is great!
Agreed - have been back into my dealers shop several times, they are clean, efficient and VERY good at what they do. To loop them all into one "they suck" bucket is ridiculous. Just like anything there are good dealers and there are bad. Find a good one, get to know your Service Adviser (I have been using Rusty for well on 5yrs). Nothing but good things to say.

Sponsored

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

I agree. And they could easily pay the owners monthly payment while it's down. And I thought the op said they didn't give him a loaner?
As far as I can tell neither of you have any first hand knowledge of what is going on with the car, the situation the owner is in, or what Ford is doing for them.

Or am I missing something?

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
enlighten me then. I see proof a car has had a blown engine for over 30 days, and at least one other owner reporting the same situation. I dont know what is going on but I dont really need to as far as commenting on what my feeling would be. My only experience was a brake issue with my Eco boost F150 that was an irrationally long down time due to Fords piss poor supply chain management. Am I drawing a unfair conclusion, possibly, but I am nonetheless. It does concern me. If someone can point to information to the contrary fine. Currently with a albeit limited sample size it points to a situation where a blown engine will be an extensive replacement process.

I have seen instances where owners have voluntarily delayed repairs, and there could be other reasons. Perhaps the other owner is fine or has been compensated in a alternate manner so the urgency is not there however logic dictates to me in either case the original owner or the dealer would want to have this awesome car on the road, or showroom, not in the garage.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
As far as I can tell neither of you have any first hand knowledge of what is going on with the car, the situation the owner is in, or what Ford is doing for them.

Or am I missing something?
Yeah. Your missing a lot.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
There’s a specific break in procedure that must be followed with your factory “race engine”. It is not the same as a Coyote, are you guys that are breaking these motors following the factory recommendations for breaking this engine in?

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
There’s a specific break in procedure that must be followed with your factory “race engine”. It is not the same as a Coyote, are you guys that are breaking these motors following the factory recommendations for breaking this engine in?
If you would read on this forum those that have posted engine failures there is no rime or reason. Mileage, tracked or not, model year, how driven etc. Obviously being a forum most that have engine failures post on them. But no one knows for sure because Ford ain't talking how many voodoos have failed instead just replace them under warranty. Doesn't mean a lot have only that you will only most likely read it on forums.

Sponsored

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
This resurrection must take the record.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Maybe if dates posts were posted were highlighted in some fashion to catch your eye when outdated people like me wouldn't be posting to a outdated post. Instead its very faintly typed and easily overlooked.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
If you would read on this forum those that have posted engine failures there is no rime or reason. Mileage, tracked or not, model year, how driven etc. Obviously being a forum most that have engine failures post on them. But no one knows for sure because Ford ain't talking how many voodoos have failed instead just replace them under warranty. Doesn't mean a lot have only that you will only most likely read it on forums.
Certainly the # of those that don’t fail are alot higher then the ones that do. I’d like to see the failure rate of the ones that have been replaced by Ford. This will tell you if its an inherent flaw or if Ford fixed what was causing the issues.. What’s also interesting is when a new Coyote Engine fails its not immediately replaced like the voodoo engine is. They bring in a team of engineers to look at it and it Sometimes takes a month or so for them to decide whether to replace it or not.
Sponsored