GrabberBlue

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
How many times can lightning strike in the same place. It sounds like you love your 2017 and have it just the way you want it. Get all the extended warranties that you can from Ford, get another new engine and enjoy it. Make sure they replace all the oil lines and cooler as maybe there was some debris left behind from your other failures.
Yeah the only two colors that come close for me is Leadfoot Grey (Left over 18) and Race Red but do not see any Rs in that color.

The engine overheated, was blowing insane amounts of smoke out the exhaust (the whole street was filled), found lots of metal in the oil, oil in the coolant and it started knocking when it got to the dealer.

So I've requested they replace the following:
  • Engine
  • Oil Cooler (Due to metal/coolant contamination)
  • Radiator (Due to oil contamination and debris)
  • Water Pump (Due to damage from overheating)
  • Driver side exhaust manifold and studs (Due to damage from missing exhaust dampener)
  • Catalytic Converters/Mid-pipe (Driver side exhaust dampener missing and what I believe to have been catalytic converter media that was ejected through the exhaust)
  • Mufflers (Due to catalytic converter debris)
Sponsored

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
Hey Alex! So glad to hear that today you got that official approval and a 2nd replacement engine is on its way! Damn the luck bud, but surely you're going to come out fine. I've been in touch w/you about your ordeal couple times this past week; happy for ya man!

OP
OP
GrabberBlue

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Hey Alex! So glad to hear that today you got that official approval and a 2nd replacement engine is on its way! Damn the luck bud, but surely you're going to come out fine. I've been in touch w/you about your ordeal couple times this past week; happy for ya man!
Hey Greg! Yeah it's been a pain but glad I'm over the hill in terms of getting through the process. Going to see the car on Friday, hopefully the new engine is there by then.

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
Heck yeah! And make sure you don't see 15+ bottles of 5-50w just lying off to side of your car, right?!!

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Wow this bloody well sucks. I'm glad they will do another engine...a 2nd replacement....but in truth, you should have seen if you could have received a 19 GT350. With the improvements, it may have been worth it. Did not have to be a R. But the route your going is good.

I have had zero issues with my replaced engine. I need to drive it more maybe...I been in my truck to go to work, and its been raining so hard here in S.FL, she has been in the garage.

Sponsored

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
I would just look for a 2019+ GT350 replacement...

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
So I've requested they replace the following:
  • Engine
  • Oil Cooler (Due to metal/coolant contamination)
  • Radiator (Due to oil contamination and debris)
  • Water Pump (Due to damage from overheating)
  • Driver side exhaust manifold and studs (Due to damage from missing exhaust dampener)
  • Catalytic Converters/Mid-pipe (Driver side exhaust dampener missing and what I believe to have been catalytic converter media that was ejected through the exhaust)
  • Mufflers (Due to catalytic converter debris)
Please let us know if they accommodate your request. Sounds reasonable but expensive. Interested to see what Ford does for you. Good luck!
Sponsored