OP
pacettr

pacettr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Parnelli Jones Saleen, 2013 Lagune Seca, and
10/31/2013:
I was contemplating the possibilities of how this engine could have come about as we've heard several rumors referring to its development.

I can't help but think that with the massive potential of the Coyote that Ford would want to come up with a version of it that can make enough power for a specialty line while still holding up to Ford's stringent durability expectations.

I'm also working off the educated guesses that:
1) the Trinity V8 doesn't fit the s550
2) the Coyote V8 does fit the s550
3) it's more cost effective to modify an existing mill than to engineer a new one

This led me to wonder if the rumored "5.2 Voodoo" is a Coyote block that uses the PTWA technology used in the aforementioned Trinity which would do away with the Coyote's current cylinder liners and allow for a slightly larger bore. This would serve two purposes; more displacement and unshrouding of the valves allowing for even better breathing than the already heady airflow numbers and rpm capabilities of the Coyote. Add a little higher compression and DI, and you have a high rpm screamer capable of 500-550 hp. Lower the compression a bit and add forced induction in the form of a TVS or (more likely IMO) EcoBoost technology and offer a 650 hp monster.

It's no FPC, but IMO is a more cost-effective solution for offering high hp in a more confined engine bay with ever-tightening emissions and CAFE requirements.

Thoughts?
11/9/2013:
I'm going out on a limb based on my initial impressions and some feedback in this thread.

GT350
5.2 Voodoo FPC
8500 RPM
525 hp

Can't wait to find out power rating :D
Sponsored

asphal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Good, but to be fair this was one of the worst kept secrets. Unless you had help? ;)

I think 500-525hp will prove to be accurate also.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I was willing to believe the 5.2 displacemnt, but I never would have believed the FPC. But, I'm glad they want that route and look forward to having one when they become readily available.

I also think the 525 power estimate is reasonable. I think it will be over 520, but probably not by much. 535 would be about the top of my life expectations.

-T
Sponsored