crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, does anyone know when the Ford Performance tune for the 2018+ Mustang GT will come out? I'm interested in a tune, but I'm not a mad performance focused racing guy, I just want to look into the increased response, power, and efficiency, etc. I also like my warranty and that pretty much leaves me with the Ford Performance tune; however, it's been like 2 years and there is no tune yet. I hope it will come soon, as the Ecoboost only came out about 2 months ago. So does anyone know when the tune is coming?
Sponsored

OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
At this point its likely their won't be one. If there is it will be something mild like GT350TB, intake tube, filter and tune flash.
Well that sucks! I guess I can keep hoping, I would like a mild tune with a manufacturer warranty.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
At this point its likely their won't be one. If there is it will be something mild like GT350TB, intake tube, filter and tune flash.
It is waiting for CARB approval right now. They confirmed it will be a CAI and a TB, forgot the size they told me but it is slightly bigger. If it is based on the Bullitt tune, expect about 20HP gain as well as some other stuff they released in the 2015-17 tunes.

OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
It is waiting for CARB approval right now. They confirmed it will be a CAI and a TB, forgot the size they told me but it is slightly bigger. If it is based on the Bullitt tune, expect about 20HP gain as well as some other stuff they released in the 2015-17 tunes.
Hopefully it is not based on the Bullitt. A little more than +20 would be nice. But that's good that it's a CAI combo.

Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully it is not based on the Bullitt. A little more than +20 would be nice. But that's good that it's a CAI combo.
If it is more, I wouldn't expect a significant amount higher. What I'm hoping for is torque gains as well as positive "below peak" changes. Bullitt has the same peak torque value as the GT though I haven't seen a comparison of the two on the same graph to see the difference. I'm not wanting to sacrifice low end to gain high end.

OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
If it is more, I wouldn't expect a significant amount higher. What I'm hoping for is torque gains as well as positive "below peak" changes. Bullitt has the same peak torque value as the GT though I haven't seen a comparison of the two on the same graph to see the difference. I'm not wanting to sacrifice low end to gain high end.
What really stinks, in my mind, is that the tuning kit is being stalled for CARB approval. We're being punished because of California's wack laws. Sell it to me now man, I don't care about CARB.

HopfibreSn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1/MT82
Out of curiosity have any of you guys dyno before and after adding a CAI+pump gas tune on your 18+? I know for myself I ended up with around 5-6 whp which from other testimonials seems to be the average. When I went e85 I picked up 20whp. I was under the impression that the stock calibration was fairly maxed out and left little room for power with just a CAI+(91 octane) tune. I'm a little surprised to see Roush claim 24rwhp with their kit.

In fact the more I think about it that's more than the difference between the Bullitt which has the larger CAI+intake manifold and the stock gt.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Out of curiosity have any of you guys dyno before and after adding a CAI+pump gas tune on your 18+? I know for myself I ended up with around 5-6 whp which from other testimonials seems to be the average. When I went e85 I picked up 20whp. I was under the impression that the stock calibration was fairly maxed out and left little room for power with just a CAI+(91 octane) tune. I'm a little surprised to see Roush claim 24rwhp with their kit.

In fact the more I think about it that's more than the difference between the Bullitt which has the larger CAI+intake manifold and the stock gt.
Going from stock to CAI+93oct tune is usually 15-20whp gain. Going to full E85 should be closer to 30-40whp. That's based on a stock dyno around 420-425whp.

Sponsored

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
The Ford Performance engineers sounded pretty impressed with themselves during their video spot with American Muscle. It could have just been all hat, no cattle. But if not...:rockon:

tenor.gif

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Pretty excited to see this one finally hit the market with posted results.

I’ve never used Ford’s performance upgrades before but just might this time.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Pretty excited to see this one finally hit the market with posted results.

I’ve never used Ford’s performance upgrades before but just might this time.
FRP is all I use. very well made stuff.
Sponsored