MAY 2016 SALES

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
well if GM sale camaro to rentals then what left for camaro fan to bragg about beside out of the box performance.
Sponsored

Nathank

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium
Approaching 52 years of uninterrupted production about says it all. Whether GM outsells them this month, quarter or year is irrelevant, because history says Mustang will still be in production for years....Camaro, not so much. Good luck outselling a competitors product you no longer produce.

The Mustang is an American icon for a reason. It'd be tough knowing your favorite car is produced by a bunch of morons with no respect for their consumer.

Side note, read the book American Icon...it's great! If you're a reader you need to check it out!

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Worth noting:

The Mustang has sold 53,000 in the US alone, 11,000 of those Mustang's were Rentals/Fleet. Rental/Fleet sales are 1/5th of total sales, NOT "over 1/4" like the idiots at GM just said in the TTAC article.

Also, Chevy has sold only 21,000 2016 Camaro's out of the 49,000 they have made :lol:

The Camaro's rental sales are down 53% and that is due to the demand of the Mustang. The 2015-'16 Mustang has filled the void of both S197 and 5th Gen, mostly because it was first to market... now because it's widely requested...

Each Rental Mustang sold is sold AT PROFIT, apparently Chevy loses money on each rental Camaro.

The 2017's are being shipped (need confirmed). Not good with 28,000 unsold Camaro's out there.

I hear June 2016 is going to be bad...

The Mustang Convertible is the most popular Convertible in the world based on sales (30,000 a year).

Chevy is celebrating the 50th Anniversary a month early to try a profit from free publicity. The Camaro's birthday was the end of September, not mid-August.

The z28 is being neutered in some areas to make it more affordable and a better seller. No sh!t... Get the z28 to sell or don't make one at all. It's make or break now and I feel the June 2016 numbers won't help.

Ford has 17,000 Mustang's on lots, they sell every hour, sometimes 3-5 an hour stateside. They have less than a 60 day supply...

Chevy has 20,000 Camaro's on lots, 6000-8000 more on the way (28,000). At 5000 a month, that's a 120 day supply in place and another 30-45 days on the way... as well as the 2017's on the way :lol:

This is all very interesting to watch unfold...

Sponsored

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How in the world could Chevy sell any Camaro convertibles to a rental company with that already small trunk significantly cut down further when the top is down? With so little leg room in the back and reduced passenger side visibility with the top up, I would be afraid to rent one.

I will be watching for a comparo on the verts.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
How in the world could Chevy sell any Camaro convertibles to a rental company.
uhhh most companies don't try to prevent customers from buying their product. Its up to the buyer to decide if what they are buying meets their needs. I doubt the rental companies are making impulse buys and know there are some renters who find the back seat and trunk adequate.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
How in the world could Chevy sell any Camaro convertibles to a rental company with that already small trunk significantly cut down further when the top is down? With so little leg room in the back and reduced passenger side visibility with the top up, I would be afraid to rent one.

I will be watching for a comparo on the verts.
I visited a local Chevy dealer to see the 'vert, my short write-up is here:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57701

There is no way I would rent one, no luggage could possibly fit in the trunk unless you only brought a briefcase. Was really shocking. My father-in-law's Z4 has a larger trunk.

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
uhhh most companies don't try to prevent customers from buying their product. Its up to the buyer to decide if what they are buying meets their needs. I doubt the rental companies are making impulse buys and know there are some renters who find the back seat and trunk adequate.
I wasn't suggesting Chevy would try to prevent rental agencies from buying the Camaro vert. I couldn't believe the rental companies would want to buy it with such limited luggage space.
Sure there will be some travelers with small luggage requirements and some who could use the rear seat as a trunk, but why would a rental company buy a large number of Camaros for a limited set of renters? If the Mustang is selling like crazy, has more space in the rear seat and trunk, and is cheaper, where is the logic to support a lot of Camaro purchases by rental companies?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I wasn't suggesting Chevy would try to prevent rental agencies from buying the Camaro vert. I couldn't believe the rental companies would want to buy it with such limited luggage space.
Sure there will be some travelers with small luggage requirements and some who could use the rear seat as a trunk, but why would a rental company buy a large number of Camaros for a limited set of renters? If the Mustang is selling like crazy, has more space in the rear seat and trunk, and is cheaper, where is the logic to support a lot of Camaro purchases by rental companies?
I agree

Sponsored

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
My wife & I made 2 trips to Florida last year a month apart. Rented a Mustang conv the 1st trip and paid an extra $100 the 2nd trip to get the Camaro conv. We fit all our luggage in the trunk of the Mustang but the same did not all fit in the Camaro. The Camaro was a better driver & got better gas mileage.

Getdownonit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
If a 2015/2016 S550 have bolt-ons like a blower and all the supporting mods needed and achieved 500HP or more is consider a supercar? I would think so.

Supercar

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see Supercar (disambiguation).
220px-Supercar_Lineup_%2818092106572%29.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Supercar_Lineup_(18092106572).jpg
Several supercars at a meet

220px-Pagani_Zonda_1.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Pagani_Zonda_1.jpg
Pagani Zonda R

220px-Koenigsegg_Agera_R.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Koenigsegg_Agera_R.jpg
Koenigsegg Agera R

A supercar is a high-performance sports car or grand tourer.[1][2] The term is used in marketing by automakers for unusual, high-end vehicles, and has been used to refer to at least four different sorts of cars:
  • Limited-production specials from an "elite" automaker[3]
  • Standard-looking cars modified for power and performance[3]
  • Models that appeal to enthusiasts, from smaller manufacturers[3]
  • One-of-a-kind "showcase" project vehicles built by custom car retrofitters (usually extensively modified collectible muscle cars or grand tourers updated to the latest "streetable" racing technology).[

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I think "supercar" is a moving target. The GT definitely qualifies. The Mustang, I'm not sure. Blown, it's good for 600+whp - I think 500 crank is possible NA - the GT 350 manifold and bolt-ons get you there.

Last edited:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Oh boy. We're starting to sound like the nitwits over on Camaro6 with the supercar nonsense. You can make anything fast. My 1995 GT will out run a Veyron in a 1/4 mile race. But that's where it ends. These are entry level sports cars. I don't car how much crap you bolt on to them.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
When I was in Vegas not too long ago I saw nothing but convertible Mustangs being driven. Bizarre.
Sponsored