Sponsored

Why do shops always have to bullcorn?

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
If you get something like PCMTec you can limit torque about 5 keystrokes and a 15 second reflash. That's what I do. I bet those techs are kinda puzzled when this supercharged 2018 runs almost identically to an ecoboost. But they dare not say anything about it...
Which tables are you adjusting for that? Driver demand or are you manipulating throttle mapping? I don't understand the torque and how to generate the torque inverse very well so I shy away from touching those tables. I was wondering if I could remap the throttle so 100% pedal is something like 50% throttle.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Jeez, yā€™all got some wild techs! I always take photos and walk around video of my car when I pull in for service. The advisors used to look at me funny and ask me what Iā€™m doing. I was totally up front with them and said that I take pictures of my mileage (and screenshot it from FordPass too) and I take the photos and video in case someone takes the liberty to drive my car around for no logical reason and something happens. This all started back in 2020 when I had my 2016 S550.

So I essentially put them on notice early on and have since developed good relationships with them, the service manager and the Mustang techs. I also bring them donuts or pizza when I come in for service most times. I treat them well and they treat me well. I also get full synthetic oil changes for the price of synthetic blend šŸ˜Ž (and yes I have watched and verified I get full synthetic)

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
Im with you. Before the mustang i had a scat pack charger. Took itbin for service and reset the max speed reading. Right when i picked it up i looked. And would you look at that. 137mph was the reading. Caught another guy at a different dealer taking my car out to lunch. Seen it on the road with my wife and figuring it was a test drive we kinda followed him for a bit and watched him pull into a burger king drive through near the dealer. Real nice, was the first food ever in my car. I dont eat or drink (other than plain water) in my cars.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Which tables are you adjusting for that? Driver demand or are you manipulating throttle mapping? I don't understand the torque and how to generate the torque inverse very well so I shy away from touching those tables. I was wondering if I could remap the throttle so 100% pedal is something like 50% throttle.
There are a bunch of ways to do it but the easiest is to change the lspi max load limit to .7 or so.

Sponsored

OP
OP
nathanks

nathanks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Im with you. Before the mustang i had a scat pack charger. Took itbin for service and reset the max speed reading. Right when i picked it up i looked. And would you look at that. 137mph was the reading. Caught another guy at a different dealer taking my car out to lunch. Seen it on the road with my wife and figuring it was a test drive we kinda followed him for a bit and watched him pull into a burger king drive through near the dealer. Real nice, was the first food ever in my car. I dont eat or drink (other than plain water) in my cars.
You say anything to them? This seems kind of ridiculous they would do that.

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
You say anything to them? This seems kind of ridiculous they would do that.
Yes. The 137mph deal i felt like they didnt believe me. The drive through i took a picture of the guy so it was hard to dispute. Not sure what the outcome was as i wont go back anymore. Got ride of dodge all together and will never buy one again

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
This thread reminds me of when Vik Tchalikian at RDB LA takes cars out for a nice joy ride after wrapping them.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Exactly why I don't go to the dealer for anything and if I do I am a "Waiter", and I find a vantage point so I can see in the shop the whole time. A little OCD but it works. And when they are done and go for a test drive I specifically tell them I 'am going with them. I might be a passenger but I am there at least. I have gotten push back a few times for that one, but I always stand my ground. I haven't had to go to the dealer yet in my Mustang yet thankfully but it worked at the VW dealer I used to frequent. After a while I developed a decent relationship and it wasn't so awkward, they just realized I am a "car guy" and let me be me :)

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
This is my camera roll pre last dealer visit :

1694815418401.jpeg

I wait and Iā€™m polite.

They have always been good with me.

I have a great tech work on it - heā€™s very conscientious, and heā€™s very honest in what he tells me and what he does.

I defo canā€™t complain :sunglasses: (but I know Iā€™m very lucky ā€¦)

WD :like:

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Exactly why I do all my own work. I know that's not feasible for most, but you can't trust anyone these days unfortunately.

Rolls

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pcmtec.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 18 GT
If you get something like PCMTec you can limit torque about 5 keystrokes and a 15 second reflash. That's what I do. I bet those techs are kinda puzzled when this supercharged 2018 runs almost identically to an ecoboost. But they dare not say anything about it...
You can add an immobiliser as well this way, set cranking fuel to 0 in everthing but the launch tune. No one will ever figure that out.

I've seen people still buy aftermarket immobilisers for these cars so might be handy for someone.

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
You can add an immobiliser as well this way, set cranking fuel to 0 in everthing but the launch tune. No one will ever figure that out.

I've seen people still buy aftermarket immobilisers for these cars so might be handy for someone.
You can create what i call a "VALET" tune. i dropped my cobra off to have some body work done. i put a 2000RPM cap on the tune. when i went to pick up the car . the owner of the shop said i think theres something wrong with your car. i said no i just didnt want you driving
Sponsored