Sponsored

Why doesn't the Mustang have keypad code entry?

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I have a F150 and my wife has a Edge and we've had Explorers in the past. Looking at trading in my F150 for a Mustang but shocked that they don't have keypad access. Anyone know why this isn't even offered?
Sponsored

OP
OP
slowrey

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Really have you looked at the new keypad entry that is integrated in the door? Very useful when boating, camping and/or canoeing.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
With all S-550 mustangs having intelligent access you don't need a keypad. Just touch the door handle in the right spot and it unlocks the door, easy peezy.

OP
OP
slowrey

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
With all S-550 mustangs having intelligent access you don't need a keypad. Just touch the door handle in the right spot and it unlocks the door, easy peezy.
Yeah but I would lock my keys in my truck and lock it with the keypad. Or my daughter would get in my car without the fob if she needed something.

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Yeah but I would lock my keys in my truck and lock it with the keypad. Or my daughter would get in my car without the fob if she needed something.
I guess that could be useful on a truck that you tow and use a boat with, but how often would you need to use that on a Mustang? Plus as others have said it would be a bit of an eyesore on a beautiful car. It does kind of fit with a truck though visually because of the "utility" I guess.

Just to add, you can also use your phone to unlock your car if you want to leave you key inside.

OP
OP
slowrey

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I guess that could be useful on a truck that you tow and use a boat with, but how often would you need to use that on a Mustang? Plus as others have said it would be a bit of an eyesore on a beautiful car. It does kind of fit with a truck though visually because of the "utility" I guess.

Just to add, you can also use your phone to unlock your car if you want to leave you key inside.
Fair enough. Keypad entry is a signature Ford move and in my wife's Edge you don't even see the keypad unless you touch the frame. It's very nice. It's a feature I'll miss because no matter what you still need a fob to get in the car.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...my guess is that it is just one more PIN that will be forgotten before the first use. You could go buy a Lincoln. They may still be using it.

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Fair enough. Keypad entry is a signature Ford move and in my wife's Edge you don't even see the keypad unless you touch the frame. It's very nice. It's a feature I'll miss because no matter what you still need a fob to get in the car.
No need for a FOB.....as I mentioned, you can use the phone app to lock and unlock.

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
I've honestly never seen anyone use it even if they had it.
I used it only twice in many years on a work F250. Wouldn’t pay for the option especially with the newer cars just unlocking with the touch of the door handle.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2