Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
I’m still here!! Plan on keeping the Shelby for a very long time. Haven’t really put many miles on with such a late delivery in 2019. (Ordered it in Jan of 19 and took delivery in Aug) In 2020 with the pandemic crap there wasn’t many places to go with it. It’s still under a cover for the winter now. All these posts and pictures of Shelby’s out and about is a tease! The car will be out shortly and I will be going through the gears listening to glorious sound of the pipes! I’ve already seen used 2020’s for sale. I have no intentions of selling mine. I might buy another (hopefully a “R”) when this one is payed off If I can find a well cared for car. (Wishful thing I know) I miss all the posts there used to be on here of people taking deliveries of there new cars now that production has ended. I still have that same excitement taking the car out now as I did when I first took delivery. :crazy:
D03B8B1D-B1FF-4584-97C0-C66DB4CE08C7.jpeg
Sponsored

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
I just got here. Not going to be sell/trading anytime soon.
I kept my last car (20!1 Corvette Grand Sport) for 8 years.
I'm hoping this car stays with me.

car crazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I purchased my 2017 GT350 in late Sept or early October 2016. I'm a car nut and thought I'd keep this car forever. I put Xpel ultimate PPF from the windshield forward and in front of the rear wheels. I had my detailer add a Modesta ceramic coating. I changed the oil yearly (which is about 400 miles for me) and never drove it in the rain (or snow). I did all of this because I was planning to keep it forever. In the 4.5 years I've owned the car, I put about 1700 miles on it. I have other cars and rarely keep a car longer than 3 years so this was a big commitment for me. Ultimately, there are too many other cars out there to experience. My eye has wandered and I'm going to sell the GT350 for either a 718 GT4 or an Evora GT. As much as I love the GT350, it drives just a bit big for me and I realized I prefer a smaller car. My GT350 attracts attention everywhere I go but this is not the reason I purchased the car. I buy sports cars for the driving enjoyment and this one is right up at the top. Nothing beats sound and the feeling of back end getting just a bit loose.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Well I kind of confused. You bought GT350 to drive 400ml/year for the driving enjoyment :facepalm:
One thing you know for sure... that 350 has been "rode hard and put up wet" a few times

Sponsored

QCGoose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (Velocity Blue)
I ordered my '20 exactly the way I wanted it after failing all of 2019 to find what I wanted in dealer inventory nationwide, so it's my IDEAL 350. It's still early into the ownership (ordered December 2019, received end of June 2020, about 1800 miles before winter hibernation), but it isn't leaving the family.

It's just such an incredible car for the money; the driving experience is unparalleled by anything under six figures.

I may not post here too often, but I'm not going anywhere. I LOVE my 350!

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I owned my GT350 for 3.5 years before I sold it. That's a long time for me to own a car. I'll admit I was concerned about owning one without a warranty on the engine. I had no problems whatsoever with mine, so the only reasons I can state for my concerns are the problems that other people had.

I also decided to buy a better winter car, so financially it was nice to reduce my summer car cost. And I just wanted to try something else. I've owned so many Mustangs... maybe it was partially a mid-life crisis. Buying a Corvette was definitely a departure for me.

First time I really regretted selling a car. I still want another GT350. I'm going to wait for now and buy something in a few years unless I see a better option. With the way car prices are going up and the changes to new car designs, I will be surprised if something new comes out that I will want more than a GT350.

I've always thought it would be great to own a Porsche. They have a good reputation. I drove a VW bug a lot in my teens and the newer Porsches still have features that remind me of the bug. Things like the clink the doors make when you close them (and how thin the doors are). But for the money Porsches just don't seem like they are a good deal to me. I.e. you pay a lot for what you get. Plus you rarely see Porsches around here and I'm not sure I want to buy one due to what other people will think about me.

There was a guy on here who bought an M4 and then an SS 1LE after having two different GT350 engines fail on him. I bring it up because he was local to me. I bought a 2004 Z06 and then a Mustang GT, so I'm definitely slumming compared to when I owned the GT350. I think of my Mustang GT as the Miata low-powered version of the Mustang for track use. It should be interesting this summer to see how a regular GT with the FP track handling kit on it does when compared to a GT350.
Well, I have a 17 with 285 NT01, track handling kit, 350 camber plate and a power pack 2. ( so around 460hp and 425 torque) and I’m faster than most 350/R
Going to 305 next and i expect to rarely have a R faster than me
A R is a slightly better/faster car than my modified GT but lap times are a combination of car AND driver and I have been racing/open tracking for 30 years or so
The 350/R are really unique cars and worth keeping if you own 1

Last edited:

HEP#15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition L0015
After 10 months of ownership and 3000 miles I enjoy driving it as much as the day I got the car. I'm going to get the extended warranty before the first year is up and continue enjoying it for several more years. There's just not another car out there that gives more performance for the buck than this car.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
No plans to go anywhere. A couple of upgrades and I'm finished chasing the latest. Wanted a 93, 95, 2000 R and could never make it work, I have now. I will concentrate on what I believe will make the car a bit faster then enjoy it.

BH3.jpg

Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
I have one of each.... if I was forced to get rid of one, it would be the Porsche leaving the stable.
The sound of the flat-plane crank is intoxicating and addictive.
The Shelby is not as quick, and does handle as crisp... but if it came down to one... GT350 for me...!!
They're supposedly going to put a flat plane crank in the new Corvette Z06. If they do and its anything like the one in the GT 350 then with that sound, high rpm and lighter car it should be a car to be reckoned with.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
They're supposedly going to put a flat plane crank in the new Corvette Z06. If they do and its anything like the one in the GT 350 then with that sound, high rpm and lighter car it should be a car to be reckoned with.
The Corvette has always been something to recon with, Its fast right out of the box. Its also going to be very expensive. In general the Corvette has always faster than the Mustang, What wasn't was the Average Corvette Diver

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Well, I have joined the ranks of sellers. There were a few reasons, none of which had to do with the car itself, which I still love.
1) Living in urban Chicago with 7 cars was getting troublesome. Wife and I had three sports cars between us. We decided to keep the 911, which we both love, and sell the GT350R, which I loved and she didn't, and her TT, which she loved and I didn't. That's the main reason
2) I found a great buyer - it went to a guy I've been friends with since 2nd grade, who is also a big Mustang fan
3) I found myself not driving it that much, in part because the roads where I live make it impossible to enjoy that level of performance. Paradoxically, smaller and lower-powered cars are just more fun day to day here. That's why the Fiesta ST is such a winner for me. The 993 is similar. When I could get the R on an open road or a track, it was super fun, but that was only happening 5-6 times a year.
4) I'm almost done with my race car rebuild (S54-powered E36 BMW), so that will be my track weapon of choice. If I'm not tracking the GT350R, then it's not living its best life, IMO

All in, I had her a little more than 4 years, which is longer than I keep most cars. I sold it for just a few $K less than I paid for it. I miss it a ton already. I might hang around this forum longer; I have enjoyed this group quite a bit!

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
IMHO, part of it is that there are some that realize that they are not driving the car enough to justify keeping it and may want to sell while the market is robust right now. I admittedly thought that same thing about two years ago because I was not driving the car a lot; only because of the Atlanta traffic having a damn near two-hour commute in stop-and-go traffic. I would only drive the car on Fridays, weekends, or holidays when traffic was lighter or I was out of the office early. Problem is, I know that I wanted another sports car at some point in the future, but that would put me in the same position of rarely driving whatever pleasure car that I bought in place of the 350. I've come down off that ledge now and plan on keeping the 350 UNLESS I can find a 2017 Viper TA or two years down the road look at a new Z06. The 911 GT3 is not something I want to pay for at this time since my intent is to be both consumer debt and mortgage-free in the next 8 - 10 years.

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Normal sales for cars like this. Remember, we've just reached the peak of the production number of 350s on the street. People will continue to buy and sell them for a bit. Many of us are short term owners for every car...especially performance cars.

It will take a couple years but I think we will see that these 350s end up being sticky and a high percentage of them will land in their forever/longer-term homes.
Sponsored