Sponsored

Where is everyone going???

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
After 10 months of ownership and 3000 miles I enjoy driving it as much as the day I got the car. I'm going to get the extended warranty before the first year is up and continue enjoying it for several more years. There's just not another car out there that gives more performance for the buck than this car.
Is there a reason why you are waiting until the first year is up? I thought you could still get it before the 3 year warranty expires. Am I missing something?
Sponsored

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a reason why you are waiting until the first year is up? I thought you could still get it before the 3 year warranty expires. Am I missing something?
you can get the ESP thru 41 mos of ownership. 1st yr is cheapest, then 13-36 mos goes up slightly, then 37-41 goes up a little more.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I owned my GT350 for 3.5 years before I sold it. That's a long time for me to own a car. I'll admit I was concerned about owning one without a warranty on the engine. I had no problems whatsoever with mine, so the only reasons I can state for my concerns are the problems that other people had.

I also decided to buy a better winter car, so financially it was nice to reduce my summer car cost. And I just wanted to try something else. I've owned so many Mustangs... maybe it was partially a mid-life crisis. Buying a Corvette was definitely a departure for me.

First time I really regretted selling a car. I still want another GT350. I'm going to wait for now and buy something in a few years unless I see a better option. With the way car prices are going up and the changes to new car designs, I will be surprised if something new comes out that I will want more than a GT350.

I've always thought it would be great to own a Porsche. They have a good reputation. I drove a VW bug a lot in my teens and the newer Porsches still have features that remind me of the bug. Things like the clink the doors make when you close them (and how thin the doors are). But for the money Porsches just don't seem like they are a good deal to me. I.e. you pay a lot for what you get. Plus you rarely see Porsches around here and I'm not sure I want to buy one due to what other people will think about me.

There was a guy on here who bought an M4 and then an SS 1LE after having two different GT350 engines fail on him. I bring it up because he was local to me. I bought a 2004 Z06 and then a Mustang GT, so I'm definitely slumming compared to when I owned the GT350. I think of my Mustang GT as the Miata low-powered version of the Mustang for track use. It should be interesting this summer to see how a regular GT with the FP track handling kit on it does when compared to a GT350.
Who cares what others think. If you want a Porsche go get yourself one and be happy. Life’s too short. You’re a car person. It only needs to make sense to you. Enjoy! Just one question...Can I try it? Please? Lol.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
As some of the others have said. I don't plan on ever getting rid of mine. If it wasn't a Heritage Edition I probably would consider it, but its just way too special for me. A GT350 with the iconic stripes was my dream car. The chassis number on my car just further made me realize that this was for me. This was the car I really wanted and I made a conscious decision to get it. I have developed a strong emotional connection to it. I will be one of those old dudes cruising around town with the same car that he got back in the day. Really don't see myself getting another sports car again.

I'm not worried about long term reliability issues. I'll just buy another engine, I don't care. This car is badass and is the perfect car for me. I didn't want a GT350R because its just too hardcore (no backseats, no heated seats) and I don't want to stress over the really low splitter and CF wheels, so it'll be a bit easier to maintain.

My only disappointment is that I haven't been able to take it out as much because of the cold weather. It's warming up now so I'll be racking up the miles :)

Last edited:

HEP#15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition L0015
I'm at 10 months and will get it before the first year is up. For me that's the end of April.

Sponsored

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Is it me or does it seem as if a lot of GT350 owners are selling or trading their cars.?

Two friends of mine have traded their (a 16 and a 19- both trouble free) for a Porsche and I have seen a few others selling theirs as well

there Is just nothing else in the market that appeals to me like the Shelby. Anyone else thinking about trading and what would you get?

A surprising number of people own this type of car because they want people to pay attention to them. They move on to the next big thing in the hopes that people will praise them for owning a car. They dream of being Facebook heroes because they own a new car. They live in fear of the warranty running out because they lack the money, skills or ability to fix or repair even a burned out bulb.

You will be impressed with the number of 3 year old GT350's with 4,000 miles for sale. The cost of an oil change or tires priced them out of their car and now it's back to leasing an Audi or BMW in their quest for self-esteem.

:crackup::giggle:

BlownVooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Not going anywhere until the 5th gen vipers start coming down in price. That is to say, IF they ever come down in price. I find it hard to match the theatre of the gt350 for the money. Sure there are faster or more reliable cars out there but the gt350 just has one of the best driving experiences for the money.

JC5188

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Kona Blue
Not going anywhere until the 5th gen vipers start coming down in price. That is to say, IF they ever come down in price. I find it hard to match the theatre of the gt350 for the money. Sure there are faster or more reliable cars out there but the gt350 just has one of the best driving experiences for the money.
Exactly this...

ADDGAMER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I'm on my 3rd S550 since early 2017 (2nd GT350). I'm already at the point wondering should I "Stay" or should I go....lol Many reasons, such as: Not my favorite color, not an R, not enough HP, No real garage to keep it in, Oil Consumption concerns/Warranty, would take allot more $ to get it where I'd be happy (Did that to my Ecoboost)... then would I really be happy (No)...... ... GT500, Hellcat Redeye, GTR, Porsche etc etc... But in reality, I'm here to stay because I can't afford a 2nd divorce.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I'm on my 3rd S550 since early 2017 (2nd GT350). I'm already at the point wondering should I "Stay" or should I go....lol Many reasons, such as: Not my favorite color, not an R, not enough HP, No real garage to keep it in, Oil Consumption concerns/Warranty, would take allot more $ to get it where I'd be happy (Did that to my Ecoboost)... then would I really be happy (No)...... ... GT500, Hellcat Redeye, GTR, Porsche etc etc... But in reality, I'm here to stay because I can't afford a 2nd divorce.
Do you have excessive Oil Consumption in your '19 GT350?

Sponsored

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
Left the club over the weekend. Been watching for a GT500 at MSRP deal for months, finally found one. Loved the GT350 but where I live there are very few challenging roads. I kind of missed going to the dragstrip as well. Thought about modding the 350 but with the engine failures and the actual cost, the 500 was the better choice for me.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
It feels like groundhog day again.

200.gif

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Who cares what others think. If you want a Porsche go get yourself one and be happy. Life’s too short. You’re a car person. It only needs to make sense to you. Enjoy! Just one question...Can I try it? Please? Lol.
A surprising number of people own this type of car because they want people to pay attention to them. They move on to the next big thing in the hopes that people will praise them for owning a car. They dream of being Facebook heroes because they own a new car. They live in fear of the warranty running out because they lack the money, skills or ability to fix or repair even a burned out bulb.

You will be impressed with the number of 3 year old GT350's with 4,000 miles for sale. The cost of an oil change or tires priced them out of their car and now it's back to leasing an Audi or BMW in their quest for self-esteem.

That pretty much covers it. :clap: I’m just not over being pissed at the stupid markups they did that prevented a lot of enthusiasts from getting new GT350’s.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Ya know though.... They are probably as happy as any of us, lol.
Sponsored