Wengerd Performance and Tuning

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I thought on our Mustangs at least my 19, you can reload the oem tune when ever you need to take to the dealer and they cannot detect an aftermarket tune was loaded on it. Then reload your moded tune after you get home. I know the Hellcats ECU detects any after market tune you program in them. Just trying to keep my knowledge current.
Oh man that would be ideal. I just dont know if the stock tune was auto loaded onto the SCT device or not. But its probably what Ill do. Gonna pull off the PMAS, add my defoulers to the headers, and try to put it back to stock. Hoping my trans is not damaged due to the shitty tuner but it sure feels like it. It all started from the 1st log too. Should of kept my car stock until boost then gone with Wengerd from the beggining. Im still waiting to hear back from said tuner. I love seeing my new car with only 4k miles sitting there collecting dust with such nice weather.
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Every time you flash , change the calibration , it sets the key cycle to 0 . That's how they know a reflash .
So the dealer can tell if I had a previous tune on my 19? I did not know that.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Depends on how long ago you put the stock tune back. If you flashed and then went to the dealer, yes. If you reflashed to stock 6 months ago, maybe not.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on how long ago you put the stock tune back. If you flashed and then went to the dealer, yes. If you reflashed to stock 6 months ago, maybe not.
Depends on milage and key cycles. You hope the tech looking at that is bad at math .

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I have a 2019 with a Roush P2 blower. I had it tuned by Wengerd. I popped cylinder 6 after 12,000 miles. The car had 10,000 miles when I tuned it and 22,000 when I had to have a new longblock put in. I did this at the dealership I bought the car from. They denied warranty because of the headers. They did not mention the tune right away but when the new motor was finally installed in the car, it was still misfiring so they called me to ask what else I may have done. Changed gears? E85? etc... Nothing.... At that point they mentioned the tune so I asked "if you thought it was tuned, why didn't you mention that when you voided my warranty because of headers?" They said oh "We thought you knew.." I asked "knew what?" and they said that you have to tune it when you install headers.. I told them they are stupid because I had the headers put on right after the blower was because my 2018 with the same kit melted the cats. They were like oh, maybe that's why the fuel trims were all off...

Anyway, TL/DR.. They told me that the device that flashed the car shows up in the PCM. I always thought it was the number of warmups but again, they said the device that flashed the car was different than how it appears if it's a Roush tune. Not sure if it's Roush dependent though.

Also, I do not suspect the tune for the engine going, it had spark plugs replaced and a PCM service done twice by the purchasing dealer. At 28 miles and 80 according to the Carfax. The dealer and Geico forced me to put Cats and the Roush tune back on the car. I said fuck the Roush tune about 3 weeks ago and I'm back on Wengerds. Worth every penny.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I have a 2019 with a Roush P2 blower. I had it tuned by Wengerd. I popped cylinder 6 after 12,000 miles. The car had 10,000 miles when I tuned it and 22,000 when I had to have a new longblock put in. I did this at the dealership I bought the car from. They denied warranty because of the headers. They did not mention the tune right away but when the new motor was finally installed in the car, it was still misfiring so they called me to ask what else I may have done. Changed gears? E85? etc... Nothing.... At that point they mentioned the tune so I asked "if you thought it was tuned, why didn't you mention that when you voided my warranty because of headers?" They said oh "We thought you knew.." I asked "knew what?" and they said that you have to tune it when you install headers.. I told them they are stupid because I had the headers put on right after the blower was because my 2018 with the same kit melted the cats. They were like oh, maybe that's why the fuel trims were all off...

Anyway, TL/DR.. They told me that the device that flashed the car shows up in the PCM. I always thought it was the number of warmups but again, they said the device that flashed the car was different than how it appears if it's a Roush tune. Not sure if it's Roush dependent though.

Also, I do not suspect the tune for the engine going, it had spark plugs replaced and a PCM service done twice by the purchasing dealer. At 28 miles and 80 according to the Carfax. The dealer and Geico forced me to put Cats and the Roush tune back on the car. I said fuck the Roush tune about 3 weeks ago and I'm back on Wengerds. Worth every penny.
Did you try to fight them on the claim denial?

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
There is zero need to re-tune for headers. The PCM uses the O2's very well in that scenario to re-calibrate the fuel trims. That shows you what these service guys at dealerships know.

Headless Horseman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
There is zero need to re-tune for headers. The PCM uses the O2's very well in that scenario to re-calibrate the fuel trims. That shows you what these service guys at dealerships know.
That's interesting to know! I was alway told you had be tuned if you put headers on.

Sponsored

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yeah, it's a fallacy. The ECU in these cars is pretty capable.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Did you try to fight them on the claim denial?
Nope. Geico paid $13,000 for the new (rebuilt? From Ford) engine and then dropped coverage on the car. In the end, I should have paid out of pocket, and went to a performance shop but what the hell, maybe I'll get 20,000 miles out of this one too.
Sponsored