Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
Put together a 2018 Mustang GT with a Fresh Built 5.2 Predator block twin turbo with Fresh built Turbo 400 transmission. Being tuned by a top mustang tuner the car just would not run correctly. Have some friends using this same tuner and they are making the switch as well. Car would not pass a crank relearn. Communicated with tuner about this a couple times but was ignored. Car would die at every red light. Die while idling. Car was running rich got a revision then started to get lean codes P0171 P0174. Frustrated I contacted Wengard he answered all my questions on a sunday night via email. Gave it a week to think it over if I was going to fire my tuner. Well I did. And was the right decision. Paid Wengerd at 1:30 on a monday sent him stock file and within the hour was driving on his tune. Amazingly car has had no hiccups with his tuning. Last saturday threw on my 325/35/18 Mickeys Thompson Rs and set boost controller 16psi and holy mother of God. Car has a Killer Chiller and it really helps IATs. Have been debating putting car up for sale but with previous tuner that was not possible. Going to put car on dyno and list it for sale. Thank you Wengerd Tuning.
Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Nice. I just got a HP Tuners RTD in from him. Having an issue reading my stock file, but he said he has seen it before and it likely voltage-related. I gotta put a battery charger on it and then try the process, I found all over the web the RTD is sensitive to voltage fluctuations. Glad you are another satisfied customer, I've read great things and can't wait to finish mine up with him.

OP
OP
Black Dog

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Nice. I just got a HP Tuners RTD in from him. Having an issue reading my stock file, but he said he has seen it before and it likely voltage-related. I gotta put a battery charger on it and then try the process, I found all over the web the RTD is sensitive to voltage fluctuations. Glad you are another satisfied customer, I've read great things and can't wait to finish mine up with him.
We used my Ngauge that I had bought from my previous tuner.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately my nGauge was from Lund and can’t be used. I wasn’t aware the RTD was a little quirky with voltage changes, so I’ll hook the battery charger/maintainer up and then give it another whirl.

OP
OP
Black Dog

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately my nGauge was from Lund and can’t be used. I wasn’t aware the RTD was a little quirky with voltage changes, so I’ll hook the battery charger/maintainer up and then give it another whirl.
Wish y'all luck. So happy I went this route. We were thinking car had an issue but it was my previous tuner not doing his job.

Sponsored

Blackjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I've emailed with Wengard several times over the past couple of days, and he responds to everything damn near instantly. I'm happy to be working with him on my tune now, because he's going to get buried with business as his rep keeps growing and I don't know that he'll be able to keep up like he does now.

Watching a few vids on you tube of his twin turbo ripping it up, I'm not surprised that he had you dialed in so quickly. Enjoy that beast until it sells!

OP
OP
Black Dog

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
I've emailed with Wengard several times over the past couple of days, and he responds to everything damn near instantly. I'm happy to be working with him on my tune now, because he's going to get buried with business as his rep keeps growing and I don't know that he'll be able to keep up like he does now.

Watching a few vids on you tube of his twin turbo ripping it up, I'm not surprised that he had you dialed in so quickly. Enjoy that beast until it sells!
Could you please share YouTube link?

OP
OP
Black Dog

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Care you share who was your original tuner? PM would be okay.

Thank
No. This is more of a positive post for Wengerd Tuning. I am just sharing what I have been through. The minute ex tuner is mentioned the fan boys will explode this thread with nut sucking support. Just want to keep it real and civil.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Black Dog,

You are right, mention one of the "other" well known tuners and the fact they didn't live up to their rep, and you'll be dodging rotten tomatoes.

You are 100% right, let's keep this thread going in the right direction and give this talented tuner (Wengerd) his due.

Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
No. This is more of a positive post for Wengerd Tuning. I am just sharing what I have been through. The minute ex tuner is mentioned the fan boys will explode this thread with nut sucking support. Just want to keep it real and civil.
I completely understand I, wasn't saying to post it here but its all good. What matter is that you are all sorted out and finally enjoying your ride.

Blackjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Search Boosted Coyote or Daryle Wengard on you tube.

After watching a few vids, it surprises me that the masses are just now starting to talk about this dude. I can't wait for my RTD to arrive. Apparently, the driveability of his FI tunes feel like stock with much better trans shift strategy. The fact he frees up some hp and torque is just a bonus. Michelin is going to love having me as a customer!

OP
OP
Black Dog

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Search Boosted Coyote or Daryle Wengard on you tube.

After watching a few vids, it surprises me that the masses are just now starting to talk about this dude. I can't wait for my RTD to arrive. Apparently, the driveability of his FI tunes feel like stock with much better trans shift strategy. The fact he frees up some hp and torque is just a bonus. Michelin is going to love having me as a customer!
This ^^^^ Going from my previous tune with problems. I was blown away with how smooth this turned out. No codes and just a great driving car. Wengerd is a hidden gem. Well not really hidden anymore. This guy is gonna get real busy!!!

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)

He def has fast responses.

RedRoush17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Mustang
Hey guys kinda a newbie but was reading on other threads about Daryle and decided to go with him from what I read..Going to be getting my RTD with his tune the end of the week..Looking forward in seeing the results from the mods and driveabilty
Sponsored