Wengerd Performance and Tuning

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I wanted to give some feedback on Darryl Wengerd at Wengerd Performance and Tuning in Paris, Tennessee. My set up:

Procharger Stage II with 4.75" pulley
ID1050X injectors
Thermal R&D Axle back
93 octane

I originally had a tune with a different well known tuning outfit and I was thinking the Procharger itself may be responsible for the lackluster drivability. The around town manners were unacceptable and the A10 transmission had a mind of it's own.

I decided to try Wengerd. Gave him my set up and told him what I was looking for and the issues I was having. He sent me a new file and I did the flash.

HOLY SMOKES, what difference. Car starts up a little quicker, the drivability is flawless and I have tried really hard to find a glitch in the tune. There isn't any, none, nada. Trans now shifts perfectly for me.

Throttle response is just awesome, low speed is crisp and responsive, and once I hit around 4K, the Procharger comes on super strong and now I am traction limited (imagine that).

His communication and responses were 5* all the way.
Sponsored

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you finally found someone to tune to your liking.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah Daryl knows what he’s doing, he has a you tube channel but has’nt updated it in a while. You tuber “Speed Addict” uses his tuning, so do many others. Give us a hint of the well known tuner who couldn’t give you what Daryl did..It will save others the headache you went through.

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Yeah Daryl knows what he’s doing, he has a you tube channel but has’nt updated it in a while. You tuber “Speed Addict” uses his tuning, so do many others. Give us a hint of the well known tuner who couldn’t give you what Daryl did..It will save others the headache you went through.
Got a Stage II P1x installed and running. I'll post some observations as a first time FI install from my perspective in the next few days.

Using PBD for the tuning, they have been great so far and they were able to unlock my Ngauge that was supplied with my Stage II kit.

Still have the datalogging to go with PBD and hope to get this completed in the next 2 weeks or less. Not a lot of free time due work.
He was using PBD

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Pbd knows what they’re doing as well... they’re one of the top tuners in the country.. yeah it may take longer then Daryl, because they have a ton of customers to service.. so now it all makes sense to me.

drc767

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have one of Daryl's tunes in my 2019 A10 GT with VMP Odin. The VMP tune was having driveability issues.......just about undriveable. After a week of sending datalogs to VMP, they told me there was nothing wrong with the tune, and the problem was me. I contacted Daryl, made an appointment for him to dyno and tune the car. He loaded his tune and the car was perfect!!! His A10 tune is exceptional........the car is amazing to drive. I have nothing but compliments for his tuning.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have one of Daryl's tunes in my 2019 A10 GT with VMP Odin. The VMP tune was having driveability issues. After a week of sending datalogs to VMP, they told me there was nothing wrong with the tune, and the problem was me. I contacted Daryl, made an appointment for him to dyno and tune the car. He loaded his tune and the car was perfect!!! His A10 tune is exceptional........the car is amazing to drive. I have nothing but compliments for his tuning.
Comparing apples to oranges ...........remote street tune to dyno tune ...... when tuning on the street it takes a lot of logs and time . Just saying .

drc767

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Comparing apples to oranges ...........remote street tune to dyno tune ...... when tuning on the street it takes a lot of logs and time . Just saying .
He dyno tuned and street tuned. Except his tune needed no changes after the street driving/datalogging. It was a VMP kit with a VMP tune that was way off......I sent them many logs, they sent a revision.....it was worse than the base tune. Daryl's tune was perfect from the get go. Just saying.......

Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Ken definitely runs Daryl's tune. He is the one who recommended Daryl to me.
You are confused. Someone asked who the OP ran before his new tuner. I was answering it.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just was following the ops other post . He wanted instant gratification. This shit takes time . But I'm happy it was sorted out .......Don't slam a tunner for working threw an issue that takes time to figure out. Just saying.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
fmc_smt,

You have your tuner, I have mine. All is good.
Yes I do , and it worked out for me . All was trying to point out was , you wanted it now , that may happen in your world but is not reality . And yes all is good.

OP
OP
schmeky

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You made your point. I get it.
Sponsored