Wengerd Performance and Tuning

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
lmao but don’t be so jealous because you can’t afford it… i wanted a gtr, a newer low miles gtr, and got one… not a gt500, not a C8, not a 991… a gtr. So now i have both because i like both and can afford both.

i wish i had more parking space at home so i could add more old outdated junk like 355 spider, an R34 and a 930/964… because who in their right mind would pay that much money for and old, outdated cars lol
Why is everyone's retort "oh durrr you're jealous because you can't afford it" whenever cars come up? I make almost 180k a year and like 50k of that is tax free money I can just spend on whatever dumb shit I want. I'm not buying a GTR because I can't afford it, I'm not buying one because it's not worth the money.

But that's not what this thread was about and this has gone too far. Sorry Wengerd.
Sponsored

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
Why is everyone's retort "oh durrr you're jealous because you can't afford it" whenever cars come up? I make almost 180k a year and like 50k of that is tax free money I can just spend on whatever dumb shit I want. I'm not buying a GTR because I can't afford it, I'm not buying one because it's not worth the money.

But that's not what this thread was about and this has gone too far. Sorry Wengerd.

yeah yeah yeah. It’s ok. I’m not gonna measure wallets here. It's pointless lol

back to the main subject.

motec is the answer. Sadly

Last edited:

DR_Mach1Yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC 2500, 2022 GT500, 2023 Corvette Z06 !!!
yeah yeah yeah. It’s ok. I’m not gonna measure wallets here. That might offend you too.

back to the main subject.

motec is the answer. Sadly

MOTEC is definitely in the top 3 solutions for full control. Ive been impatiently waiting for my motec since October. There was a major chip shortage so hopefully soon. With out pocket watching claims your going to spend anywhere from 8-15k on motec if you want extra harnesses and sensors. Unfortunately lol mine is on the latter of the price range, and I still haven't included all the sensors I want because I first want to install on the car and see how I want to run everything.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MOTEC is definitely in the top 3 solutions for full control. Ive been impatiently waiting for my motec since October. There was a major chip shortage so hopefully soon. With out pocket watching claims your going to spend anywhere from 8-15k on motec if you want extra harnesses and sensors. Unfortunately lol mine is on the latter of the price range, and I still haven't included all the sensors I want because I first want to install on the car and see how I want to run everything.
That's why I said "sadly"... not only very expensive but the wait list is insane.. i know a few guys from the gtr world waiting for over a year... but all major builds need them.

And to use it on a mustang just to get flexfuel on a 680-700whp basic build like i want, it's pointless...

DR_Mach1Yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC 2500, 2022 GT500, 2023 Corvette Z06 !!!
That's why I said "sadly"... not only very expensive but the wait list is insane.. i know a few guys from the gtr world waiting for over a year... but all major builds need them.

And to use it on a mustang just to get flexfuel on a 680-700whp basic build like i want, it's pointless...

Agree to disagree. Pointless (in a way) I get what your saying and why your saying, however you have dummies like myself that like all the widgets and stuff, so having actual real traction control, laser height sensor to cut timing or boost if vehicle raises at certain rates, yaw adjustments. There is a lot more that goes into a motec than just fuel trim and timing (again I know these things aren't important to you) there is a lot of tuning outside of fuel that can be done to have a faster quicker car without being the best driver. My background is road course and Drag racing, so I have been fortunately enough to have been exposed to all these different tuning formats. Its amazing how you can map out a tune to a set road course of where to pull power and stuff. I digress but yes

Sponsored

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agree to disagree. Pointless (in a way) I get what your saying and why your saying, however you have dummies like myself that like all the widgets and stuff, so having actual real traction control, laser height sensor to cut timing or boost if vehicle raises at certain rates, yaw adjustments. There is a lot more that goes into a motec than just fuel trim and timing (again I know these things aren't important to you) there is a lot of tuning outside of fuel that can be done to have a faster quicker car without being the best driver. My background is road course and Drag racing, so I have been fortunately enough to have been exposed to all these different tuning formats. Its amazing how you can map out a tune to a set road course of where to pull power and stuff. I digress but yes
Oh, I know. That’s why i said “in my case” because i only want the flexfuel on a simple ess 115mm pulley. Nothing fancy.

the reason why big builds go with motec it’s because motec gives you freedom of customization for a bunch of stuff… unless you are hector and only use their exhaust lol

getting motec only for flexfuel it’s like getting superman’s power to lift your couch so you can clean underneath

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Oh, I know. That’s why i said “in my case” because i only want the flexfuel on a simple ess 115mm pulley. Nothing fancy.

the reason why big builds go with motec it’s because motec gives you freedom of customization for a bunch of stuff… unless you are hector and only use their exhaust lol

getting motec only for flexfuel it’s like getting superman’s power to lift your couch so you can clean underneath
So, your running a flex tune with an ESS System? How us it

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
So, your running a flex tune with an ESS System? How us it
I'm sure it would work, would just need to be real careful letting the car learn. I suppose this is why most tuners won't do it for FI

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
I'm sure it would work, would just need to be real careful letting the car learn. I suppose this is why most tuners won't do it for FI
Thanks. For me, unless a tunnel like Wengerd recomended it, I would never take a chance. I have seen and had lean conditions grenade engines faster than anything else. Have fun

Headless Horseman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I've finally purchased my tune from Wengerd. I've noticed this particular thread died. Other threads still sing Wengerd his praises. The supercharger guys seem to be the ones to speak of him the most. I'm N/A and can't wait to see what all the excitement has been about!

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I've finally purchased my tune from Wengerd. I've noticed this particular thread died. Other threads still sing Wengerd his praises. The supercharger guys seem to be the ones to speak of him the most. I'm N/A and can't wait to see what all the excitement has been about!
Great decision! You won’t regret it!!
Sponsored