Exhaust and tuning question

Meat coyote racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I had my Whipple car tuned with a free flowing 3" exhaust (made great power).

If I put the stock cat back (the suitcase with the huge mufflers) back on - without a tune revision- can it damage the car?

I understand the car will lose quite a bit of power - that's fine. However, what I am unsure of is: could it grenade the motor if I go hoon with the stock cat back?

I appreciate any advice
Sponsored

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I had my Whipple car tuned with a free flowing 3" exhaust (made great power).

If I put the stock cat back (the suitcase with the huge mufflers) back on - without a tune revision- can it damage the car?

I understand the car will lose quite a bit of power - that's fine. However, what I am unsure of is: could it grenade the motor if I go hoon with the stock cat back?

I appreciate any advice
If Im reading this right, you still have stock cats on and only replaced from behind the cats to the rear bumper. If so, you can change back to stock and should experience no problems. If you are tuned for no cats and place cats back on, you shouldnt have no problems except if you are going to be on it hard, then you will start melting them, etc

OP
OP
Meat coyote racing

Meat coyote racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
If Im reading this right, you still have stock cats on and only replaced from behind the cats to the rear bumper. If so, you can change back to stock and should experience no problems. If you are tuned for no cats and place cats back on, you shouldnt have no problems except if you are going to be on it hard, then you will start melting them, etc
Thanks for the reply. I have headers. The car was tuned with headers and free flowing cats. Cats and headers are still on. The only change is, I took off the aftermarket catback and put the stock cat back, back on. If that makes sense.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
You are fine.
Sponsored