Wengerd Performance and Tuning

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
I've finally purchased my tune from Wengerd. I've noticed this particular thread died. Other threads still sing Wengerd his praises. The supercharger guys seem to be the ones to speak of him the most. I'm N/A and can't wait to see what all the excitement has been about!
Let us know. What all have you done? E85-93 Flex Tune?
Sponsored

Headless Horseman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I'm having a 1320 ported Cobra Jet, Headers, PMas intake, 69mm VMP throttle body, Circle D converter installed with a 93/ E85 tune by Wengerd. I left the stock exhaust after the headers. I added a Switchfire by Borla mid-pipe and Borla axleback active exhaust. I already have QA1 carbon driveshaft. It's a 10r80 with 3.55. I probably should've added cams to fully utilize the Cobra Jet, but I'm not racing anyone and not looking for anything in particular. I sometimes daily the car other times I won't drive it for months. ESS was my 1st plan, however after driving several friends cars with Superchargers (Mustang, Challenger, Camaro, Corvette and 2 SS Monte Carlos) I realized that's gonna keep me in trouble. Entirely too much for the inner city of Atlanta. All that being said there's nothing like Boost!!

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I'm having a 1320 ported Cobra Jet, Headers, PMas intake, 69mm VMP throttle body, Circle D converter installed with a 93/ E85 tune by Wengerd. I left the stock exhaust after the headers. I added a Switchfire by Borla mid-pipe and Borla axleback active exhaust. I already have QA1 carbon driveshaft. It's a 10r80 with 3.55. I probably should've added cams to fully utilize the Cobra Jet, but I'm not racing anyone and not looking for anything in particular. I sometimes daily the car other times I won't drive it for months. ESS was my 1st plan, however after driving several friends cars with Superchargers (Mustang, Challenger, Camaro, Corvette and 2 SS Monte Carlos) I realized that's gonna keep me in trouble. Entirely too much for the inner city of Atlanta. All that being said there's nothing like Boost!!
It seems your going in the same direction as I am thinking if going. I would love a true 500whp NA car?

Headless Horseman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
It seems your going in the same direction as I am thinking if going. I would love a true 500whp NA car?
I'm thinking I'll figure a way to fabricate an ESS into this setup!

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Headless Horseman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, it's not gutted at all and still has the Brembo brakes. I just drove it to work today. It literally idles/drives like stock until I go WOT. :rockon: I just added the ESS and fuel system earlier this year and just been driving it around my area waiting for this cooler fall weather to return. Hope to hit the 1/4 mile soon before the season ends to see what it lays down!

Headless Horseman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
just-when-i-thought-i-was-out-they-pull-me-back-in.gif

Chicken hawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt pp
I too am another extremely satisfied customer of Wengerd Performance. Everything that was said good about the man is absolutely true. He got my car dialed in on e85 and i am extremely happy. He will be the only one to tune anything I have at anytime and i am spreading the word down here in Texas. Tune with wengerd and never look back!

Headless Horseman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
@Wengerd Performance tuned my car and has it perfect! Everyone who's driven my car are blown away by the drivability of the 10 speed with a 3600 converter. It's just a mind blowing Jekyll and Hyde experience to go from riding like a Cadillac, to a drag car just by punching the Throttle. Whenever someone drives my car now, they have a look of disbelief and then "tuned by whom??"
Wengerd tuned my car so well, that you can't tell a difference between the Ford Performance Tune I had previously from the Wengerd Tune until you get on it.
That's saying a lot considering I just added Cobra Jet, Headers, Pmas, VMP69, and a 3600 Circle D converter. Initially I felt the converter too much for my liking. I told him my dislikes and Boom, an hour later a revision, and that fixed it. Today I'll finally have time to try the E85 tune! That's going to be insanity! His next revision will enable the Transbrake feature! I couldn't be happier.
Yes I could... that's why I just restarted my stash can for the ESS add on! @jmeiers has inspired a new batch of Sauce!! I knew it was possible to use the Cobra Jet with the ESS. My mechanic swears by the Boss over the CJ for Boost since all their Boosted cars run them. He wants me to sale the CJ and get the Boss if I go boosted. I just honestly like the look of the CJ over the BOSS. So if I lose a couple of HP, I don't think it'll matter. My car isn't a race or roll race car. It's a daily driver now, with red-light, weekend warrior tendencies. Wengerd is the Man!
Thank you @Wengerd Performance

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Buy once, cry once here. I will be going with Wengered here soon. Im pretty sure my current tuner is why my trans shift suck. I believe Im going to have to turn my car back to stock, take it into Ford, fight to get it fixed, most likely lose since its tuned, then cough up the cash out of my pocket (FI fund) to fix it. Frustrating. Might be just cheaper to get a whole trans rebuilt stronger.

Fusion Training Systems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
The first day working with @Wengerd Performance, I did something incorrectly loading my tunes and had issues loading tunes. I contacted Wengerd and he called me on my phone, patched into my laptop while hooked up to my car, fixed everything and loaded the base tune. This was all done at 9pm and it took 2hrs of his time.
Once we were finished I told him to charge me for his time and I’d pay whatever, and he told me it cost nothing….
Can’t say how thankful I am hiring him and how he took care of everything.
The very next day i sent him data logs. Within 5 days he had my car running very strong on the E85 and 93 tune.
Also before hiring Wengerd, my car was tuned I was having major issues shifting into 4th and big shift flares going into 5th. Now it literally hasn’t had one shift flare and shifts perfect.
Beginning of the year I’ll be adding a ESS and can’t wait to see what he can do with it.
If your thinking about using him, do it…
He knows these cars inside and out.

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
DW is good people. Dont take advantage of that though. Respect his business hours and personal social media accounts. Lets not turn him into a jaded tuner like some of the others around... Assume once your car is dialed that the next tune update is going to cost you something. Hes not your car's family doctor for its whole life.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Buy once, cry once here. I will be going with Wengered here soon. Im pretty sure my current tuner is why my trans shift suck. I believe Im going to have to turn my car back to stock, take it into Ford, fight to get it fixed, most likely lose since its tuned, then cough up the cash out of my pocket (FI fund) to fix it. Frustrating. Might be just cheaper to get a whole trans rebuilt stronger.
I thought on our Mustangs at least my 19, you can reload the oem tune when ever you need to take to the dealer and they cannot detect an aftermarket tune was loaded on it. Then reload your moded tune after you get home. I know the Hellcats ECU detects any after market tune you program in them. Just trying to keep my knowledge current.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
I thought on our Mustangs at least my 19, you can reload the oem tune when ever you need to take to the dealer and they cannot detect an aftermarket tune was loaded on it. Then reload your moded tune after you get home. I know the Hellcats ECU detects any after market tune you program in them. Just trying to keep my knowledge current.
Every time you flash , change the calibration , it sets the key cycle to 0 . That's how they know a reflash .
Sponsored