schmeky

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I paid once and for an awesome tune. Emails have all been answered super quick. I tried to get Wengerd to accept additional payment for some small tuning tweaks at my request.

He declined payment.

Would not use anyone else.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I paid once and for an awesome tune. Emails have all been answered super quick. I tried to get Wengerd to accept additional payment Wengerd for some small tuning tweaks at my request.

He declined payment.

Would not use anyone else.
I was emailing him quite a bit narrowing down what was best for my application. I offered to pay him for giving up so much time, He Declined. Now when was the last time you heard of one of the other tuners do that. I'm guessing never.

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Every email ive sent to him has been replied! just about to go through the tuning process all the way from New Zealand!
He's been super helpful! Even with components that he hasn't tuned before, so far the process has been A+

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1

Sponsored

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
I am a NA car thet Wengerd has taken care of. Let me start off by saying, I initially was working with a BIG Name brand tuner, and the experience sucked. Bad tunes, wrong tunes, long waits, and the car wasnt right.

I asked another member here who theyd suggest and out of the 2 suggestions, Wengerd, responded within 20 minutes, the other guy was about 48 hours later. I initially was put off because I had just bought a sct x4, and had to go to RTD+ and buying the 2 in just a few weeks is a pricey proposition, but I took the shot.

I told Daryle, everything that had gone on with previous tuner, and he never once bad mouthed them or said a word (says a lot about a person) just stuck to the matter at hand, I wasnt pleased.

I held back a little bit because I was going to do headers, and no sense in tuning for my PP3 kit when headers were a few days away. I got the headers in contacted Daryle, on my particulars, uploaded my car info via RTD+ and about an hour later, I had my tunes. Loaded them up and the base tune was EXCELLENT. Not a stumble, burp, surge, it would idle all day and not a hiccup, not once. It was later that night before I had a chance for traffic to thin out, and get to spot to run it out a bit. It was good, but not 100%. When I got back to the house it was about 830 CST, and shot him an email, and also indicated that I did not expect him to respond at 830 on a friday night, but he did, in about 10 mins.

Next morning at about 0430 I ran some wot logs, shot it over to him. At 1030 I had my new tune. I loaded it up and he put all the snap i needed into the tune, its perfect.

I heard various big tuners (via thread searches) crying over the 350 TB or the MRC needing to be locked out on 350 manifolds, and its not worth the "2-3 hp" or whatever bs was being spewed.I can drive this car, in 6th gear at 30mph without a buck, a burp, and twitch nothing. I can take it from about that 1k rpms flat foot it, and ride it to wherever i want without missing a beat. I am a chronic heel toe down shifter, and I get not pop gag or any of the other crap I had from previous tunes, just a smooth run out.

The last I'll add to this is, I know I am a genuine pain in the ass. I am hyper detailed, hyper critical, and ask a gazillion questions. Daryle handle everything like a professional, and answered everything i needed without any attitude, cold shoulder, blow-off, he does his job, and is a wizzard.

It even turns out, the rtd setup is FAR superior to use over sct x4, its simple to use, no wires, no dragging your laptop along for logs, its compact and I am a convert.

Regardless of if youre FI or NA, Wengerd, will square up your needs, without any doubt.

OP
OP
schmeky

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
PC_GUARD,

I started this thread to let folks know what you and I are finding out about Wengerd. I was scolded early in this thread by some forum members because I was not patient and understanding about how the big box tuners operate.

My experience with the big name tuners mirrors yours. Not overly impressed considering what I paid.

I hope Wengerd continues to prosper and succeed; he is dedicated and hard working.

Wengerd's tunes are freakin" impressive!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I heard various big tuners (via thread searches) crying over the 350 TB or the MRC needing to be locked out ...I can drive this car, in 6th gear at 30mph without a buck, a burp, and twitch nothing. I can take it from about that 1k rpms flat foot it, and ride it to wherever i want without missing a beat. I am a chronic heel toe down shifter, and I get not pop gag or any of the other crap I had from previous tunes, just a smooth run out.
I don't know how these big-name outfits stay in business except by inertia and incredibly low quality standards of the people who shell out for their services. It can't be that hard to pay bloody attention to what you're doing and do the tuning correctly the first time.

GeigerZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I visit this thread from time to time and it made me think of the date when the Wengerd tune was loaded in my car. It was over a year ago!

I initially had three different tunes for the Whipple Stage II setup. Whipple / <three letter company> / Wengerd. Wanted to compare the differences.

Whipple tune - is benign and can tell it's super safe with not a lot of smiles
<three letter company> - meh.. drivability issues, startup issues, performance issues.. blah
Wengerd - there's a reason why it's been over a year and untouched for so long. I could not be happier.

Mad respect to Wengerd!! I've also learned to respect the car more and more when unleashing Lucifer's hounds! - it never fails to deliver a huge smile and giggles!

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Another Wengerd satisfied customer here! Decided to go a different route when I decided on getting a tune, and could not be happier with the service and results. The car is happy; I'm happy. Life is good!

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Another Wengerd satisfied customer here! Decided to go a different route when I decided on getting a tune, and could not be happier with the service and results. The car is happy; I'm happy. Life is good!
Good thing your happy with the tune! If you weren't and said anything negative about it, Wengerd might troll you for a few days!

usmade75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 10r80
Recently tuned by Wengerd, car runs like a beast! Quick, concise, communication.

2020 PP1, A10, P1X STG 2 @ 4.63, LP52, LP BAP

usmade75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 10r80
What’s your hp?
Not sure on the HP, I think I'm one pulley from maxing out 93. Have a boost gauge coming in soon so I can at the least see what boost level I am running.

I'm coming off a really good Procharger tune (6th revision) with the 4.75 pulley. It had good manners and pulled hard.

But damn, with injectors, BAP, and 4.65 pulley + Wengerd tune - it is a monster with GREAT manners. I love the way it drives now (trans strategy), much better than it's stock form.

Yesterday, did a 2000rpm launch with the Mrs in the passenger seat , and my stomach dropped all the way until I let off at triple digits. All she could say was hollllllyyyyy sh*t, I think I pissed myself. Lol.
Personally, I could only achieve that edge of the seat feeling sometimes for a second or two with the Procharger stock setup...

That pull was done in normal mode because I couldn't get drag strip mode to stick as good. Running 305s PS4s.
So I don't know what HP, but the Butt Dyno says it's the fastest thing I've ridden in a very long time.

I've driven in another big named tune car with similar setup as mine... Not even close to the manners and drivability mine has.

Thank you Wengerd for your time and patience!
Sponsored