Wengerd Performance and Tuning

Roostfactor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium auto
No one questioned his ability. I questioned the way he attacks people who speak out after having a bad experience with him. Most bad experiences were due to him not responding. He could have chose to say something like "I'm sorry I try to get back to everyone but I'm not perfect. Please reach back out and I'll make sure I get you that response." But instead he accused people of asking for illegal shit, or trolling, and made excuses why he didn't need to respond. But please feel free to try and find a reason to justify that for him.
I haven't seen that but I also haven't been around that long so if you have seen that attitude then I can see your point and agree with you.
Customer service and honesty goes along way.

I love my Wengerd tune though and haven't had any issues with him or his tuning.
Sponsored

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Have what is definitely a stupid question, but don't want to burden Daryle with it on the weekend lol.

About to switch to my E tune for the first time. I've got a tester, so will plan on testing before I fill up. But as far as uploading the tune - do I test, install the tune (quick write), gas up, then I'm good to go for grabbing logs?

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Have what is definitely a stupid question, but don't want to burden Daryle with it on the weekend lol.

About to switch to my E tune for the first time. I've got a tester, so will plan on testing before I fill up. But as far as uploading the tune - do I test, install the tune (quick write), gas up, then I'm good to go for grabbing logs?
Have you got as much of the 93 out as you can?

Sponsored

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Have you got as much of the 93 out as you can?
Down to 18 miles to empty. Will probably drive a bit more/aggressively and bring it down to under 10, then go fill up.

I believe they only use RTD to tune.
I think he'll use MPVI but will lock it down to where you can't view it. Pretty sure about that.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Down to 18 miles to empty. Will probably drive a bit more/aggressively and bring it down to under 10, then go fill up.

I think he'll use MPVI but will lock it down to where you can't view it. Pretty sure about that.
Yeah bring it as low as you can and then switch it over. You could probably do a half a tank and run through it and then fill it completely before you log. That will ensure you are running nothing but e85 or just fill it completely and you’d probably be fine.
Yes I should have said they use HP tuners for tuning.

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Yeah bring it as low as you can and then switch it over. You could probably do a half a tank and run through it and then fill it completely before you log. That will ensure you are running nothing but e85 or just fill it completely and you’d probably be fine.
Yes I should have said they use HP tuners for tuning.
Nice, thanks Billy!

SnappyV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dayton
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Been using Daryle for my 2021 Mach 1 with ESS g3 setup and he has been a great tuner to work with! Responses are really quick and detailed. Can't recommend this guy enough!

Sponsored

Aussie-up-north

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Vert
After another big tuner had me on revision 13 I called it quits.
Wengerd had the car running on his base start up tune. Just amazed so awesome

SnappyV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dayton
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Been using Daryle for my 2021 Mach 1 with ESS g3 setup and he has been a great tuner to work with! Responses are really quick and detailed. Can't recommend this guy enough!
Update: We got my car on E85 and his base tune has been working flawlessly! No revisions needed and pulls like a champ!

Dyno numbers coming soon!

OP
OP
schmeky

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Good to hear my experience was not a fluke.

To this day I am still surprised at how strong my Mustang feels. I'm on 93 with a 4.63" pulley.

I will not drive it in the rain for obvious reasons.

Even with 555R's in 305, I still can't nail it under 50 mph or it breaks loose. Just crazy how much power this thing makes on the street.

No tune related issues ever (approaching 8K miles boosted). Starts perfect, idles, pulls clean all the time; just seamless.

15Oxford5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0.
Just wanted to take the time out and speak on my experience with Wengerd, I initially was having issues with some serious Rev Hang after my BC STG 3 MT82 was installed. He fixed this issue with absolutely no problem and no revision after the base tune (93/E85 - NA). Shortly after I installed my ESS G3 on 93 and he has been more than helpful with not only answering questions but being pretty quick on the response time with actually getting the car tuned and revised after a few revisions. On the performance side of things with the current setup I am no longer comfortable with stabbing it in 2nd, or 3rd.... Car absolutely freight trains, idles great and I get decent gas mileage. Wengerd the Wizard. His tunes are spot on.
Sponsored