OP

MGR1000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
sorry to resurrect this thread but which coolant method do you have? The ice tank or the smaller unit that sits by the blower? I’m wondering if the ice tankfilled with coolant is too much for the intercooler pump provided by the kit. I wonder if I should try just straight ice in it?
I have the small reservoir that mounts on the shock tower. I have actually been considering changing to the ice tank because I think the larger volume of water will help keep the temps down longer. The reservoir that came with the original kits is pretty small.
Sponsored

Superman112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT performance package
I have the small reservoir that mounts on the shock tower. I have actually been considering changing to the ice tank because I think the larger volume of water will help keep the temps down longer. The reservoir that came with the original kits is pretty small.
What are your IATs?

OP
OP

MGR1000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
What are your IATs?
I am typically seeing 30 over ambient when cruising and will see in the 150s sitting in traffic. I live in Florida and it seems like the other installs using the ice tank are about 10 degrees or so cooler than mine.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My IATs on my 2650 stays around 115 when driving in 90 degree weather.
I guess the EB setup is very efficient. I would like to see what the Odin setup is like.
It sure looks good though

Sponsored

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Having a stuck ( -40 C ) on my Nguage ! My understanding is the IAT2 is replacing the IAT and that's why the IAT2 isn't reading actual value.
will that affect my PCM or my tuner is able to bypass that?

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Having a stuck ( -40 C ) on my Nguage ! My understanding is the IAT2 is replacing the IAT and that's why the IAT2 isn't reading actual value.
will that affect my PCM or my tuner is able to bypass that?
Do you have a breakout harness? I thought the roush kits used a map sensor

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a breakout harness? I thought the roush kits used a map sensor
I'm running an Odin kit and I believe the kit came up with that harness I just don't know if it is faulty or reading just fine. But the DTCs P0111&P061A which popped up after the new revised tune what concerns me.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm running an Odin kit and I believe the kit came up with that harness I just don't know if it is faulty or reading just fine. But the DTCs P0111&P061A which popped up after the new revised tune what concerns me.
My bad I thought I was reading a roush thread. I apologize. I had those codes before when my pump stopped working and the Temps went way up. You probably have a faulty sensor, just replace it and clear the codes. the P061A will always show up with that other one because the PCM doesn't know what kind of torque output to expect from the its calcs with the IATs.

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My bad I thought I was reading a roush thread. I apologize. I had those codes before when my pump stopped working and the Temps went way up. You probably have a faulty sensor, just replace it and clear the codes. the P061A will always show up with that other one because the PCM doesn't know what kind of torque output to expect from the its calcs with the IATs.
No worries my man!
This is my second tuner and never had those codes with my previous tuner and thought maybe my current tuner is doing some torque managements and that's why I'm seeing those codes. We're still working on the tune which has improved the drivability waaay much compared to the ex tuner. So, I'm gonna give him his space doing his magic. His first tune showed the P0300 & P304 P036 once and never came back which they always have been there with my ex - tuner job. So, that's one score ahead fixing the hesitations & drivability issue which was the main reason of shifting to another experienced tuner.
His next step is to make sure we run proper fueling before hitting wots. Hope we can get it right this time.

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
No worries my man!
This is my second tuner and never had those codes with my previous tuner and thought maybe my current tuner is doing some torque managements and that's why I'm seeing those codes. We're still working on the tune which has improved the drivability waaay much compared to the ex tuner. So, I'm gonna give him his space doing his magic. His first tune showed the P0300 & P304 P036 once and never came back which they always have been there with my ex - tuner job. So, that's one score ahead fixing the hesitations & drivability issue which was the main reason of shifting to another experienced tuner.
His next step is to make sure we run proper fueling before hitting wots. Hope we can get it right this time.
Lund Remote tune would be tits. Are you worki[ng with a local guy??

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Lund Remote tune would be tits. Are you worki[ng with a local guy??
I'm on Ortiz tune and he's well-known tuner. I've got a question related to the iats, should I be seeing both readings when the car is running? iat, iat2.?
Cause my iat2 is stuck on the value of (-40)which is not actual reading to my understanding. As the kit provides an adapter for the factory iat.
He asked if I could take pictures of the wiring as we got two codes after the 2nd revision : P0111, P061A
He's tuning it remotely BTW,.

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
I am typically seeing 30 over ambient when cruising and will see in the 150s sitting in traffic. I live in Florida and it seems like the other installs using the ice tank are about 10 degrees or so cooler than mine.
I have a Roush, but I also typically see 30 over ambient when cruising. It's obviously higher in traffic. However, I've never seen it hit 150 even in traffic on a 90 degree day except one time and that was when my heat exchanger pump wasn't running.

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Little help over here!
Is it normal to see the FRP hoovering around 20000 kpa on wot ??? FIC1000 injectors