Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
Id be interested to hear what they say to you!

Im going to check some things tonight, (exhaust, motor mounts, etc) to make sure nothing is loose. Im also going to be changing a lot suspension wise soon as well so if any of those parts are the culprit ill know as well.

Hoping it's something simple.
Hey I posted an update. Basically the OEM Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S tires were the culprit all along! I replaced them with 275/35-20 Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3+ and it resolved the vibration issue 100%. Happy as a clam now to have the car running smooth!
Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Hey I posted an update. Basically the OEM Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S tires were the culprit all along! I replaced them with 275/35-20 Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3+ and it resolved the vibration issue 100%. Happy as a clam now to have the car running smooth!
Glad its running well now! Mine turned out to be part of my exhaust making contact with my rear swaybar. Feels much better now.

BLUDICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
So I just bought a ‘17 Ecoboost and curious of any solutions and if Ford ever posted a “Service bulletin” giving any course of action to correct the problem.

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
So I just bought a ‘17 Ecoboost and curious of any solutions and if Ford ever posted a “Service bulletin” giving any course of action to correct the problem.
Lol, what? You didn't want to read 3,700 other posts :wink: ? J/k. I had an issue with it. Link to one of my posts re that issue with a copy of the invoice, and below it are some pdfs. Vibration between 50 & 70 mph | Page 235 | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com
TBH, I'd imagine if yours was one with an issue, it should've been dealt with already. Enjoy your EB!

BLUDICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Any new developments on this issue - after getting tires balanced twice and then getting them road force balanced I still have a vibration problem - I’m curious about those who have installed a hose clamp on the driveshaft - where at on the driveshaft did you put the clamp and what clamp size is used?

Sponsored

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
I have been experiencing rumbling & vibration between 50 & 70 mph, which kind of felt like the wheels were out of balance. After rebalancing them twice, the dealer even tried a different set of wheels & tires - no luck.

They now believe that the drive shaft needs replacing - at 1100 miles. :frusty:

Anyone else experiencing this?
When New my 2011 mustang GT six speed manual had this migration the dealer ended up swapping out the entire rear end from where the cars they had in stock with the same gear ratio and it solves the problem

BLUDICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Did the dealer find what was causing the vibration or did they just take a shot in the dark - and it worked??

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Did the dealer find what was causing the vibration or did they just take a shot in the dark - and it worked??
They said with so many different things they would check the balance of the tires and beyond that it was a whole axle replacement. Rebalancing did nothing so they swapped the axle in and it was completely gone. I remember back in 1996 with my cobra Mustang I had swap the gears from I believe at 3:40 to a 4 10 and I had driveline vibrations that nobody could solve. Wasn’t horrible but it was enough to be slightly annoying never did solve the problem but perhaps there was some resident frequency set up by those gears

15gtRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted 2015 Mustang GT
My ‘19 drove smooth as silk - Ecoboost w/AT. BUT I now have a ’17 Ecoboost w/AT and it HAS the vibration.
I only had vibration after replacing the driveshaft. I put three different shafts in the car and they all vibrated. I had three different sets of wheels and none of them made any difference. Could be something with pinion angles in the older s550s. My s550 is long gone and I’m building a vette now.

Sponsored

BLUDICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
I only had vibration after replacing the driveshaft. I put three different shafts in the car and they all vibrated. I had three different sets of wheels and none of them made any difference. Could be something with pinion angles in the older s550s. My s550 is long gone and I’m building a vette now.
Lol - I traded a very nice ‘98 Vette for my current Mustang - currently I like this car very much but I’ve owned 5 Corvettes and about as many Mustangs - since 90% of my driving is less than 45 mph in town the vibration is not a major issue so I’ll just live with it until that next car pops up lol.

15gtRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted 2015 Mustang GT
Lol - I traded a very nice ‘98 Vette for my current Mustang - currently I like this car very much but I’ve owned 5 Corvettes and about as many Mustangs - since 90% of my driving is less than 45 mph in town the vibration is not a major issue so I’ll just live with it until that next car pops up lol.
I feel ya! I’ve had 3 Mustangs and 2 Vettes. Both really fun cars.

BLUDICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
I feel ya! I’ve had 3 Mustangs and 2 Vettes. Both really fun cars.
I just got to stay away from our used car lots because I just know if I see a really cool Vette that’s on my “Bucket List” I’ll trade this thing. Lol

Rickloreto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricardo
Vehicle(s)
2018 a10 mustang gt
My dealer has tried and been pleasant. But they lack attention to detail and possibly technical skills. Shouldn't need to call in a field service engineer to measure DS run out. But, at least Ford is involved at that level now and I suspect if the next new DS doesn't fix it it will get escalated.
So far I’ve figured out quite a few things in general fords either truck/suv/mustangs (most cured with forscan) battery replaced needs a BMS reset done with ignition on/engine off pull high beam lever 5 times and press brake 3 times within a 6-10 second time and battery light will pulse a few times indicating its been reset, other stuff like pcm reset all adaptations will have it running like it did off the dealership when bought within a 1 minute idle on first start etc relearns everything. Another if modded is an ABS speed sensor recalibration, and Forscan doesn’t have the option for the Miss fire monitor neutral profile reset but any shop with a diagnostic tool will be able to reset it and this needs to be done with any powertrain sensor or part from engine to dif either replaced/moved as it relearns new positions in all hardware etc and will remove any ghost issues behind all this which make is think is hardware related but of course there will always be that 10% of cars with actual hardware issues. Hope this helps! I even enabled performance shifting (normally whats enabled in police cars 🤣)

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
So far I’ve figured out quite a few things in general fords either truck/suv/mustangs (most cured with forscan) battery replaced needs a BMS reset done with ignition on/engine off pull high beam lever 5 times and press brake 3 times within a 6-10 second time and battery light will pulse a few times indicating its been reset ...
Interesting .,.. first time I've heard of this procedure to reset the BMS.
Sponsored