Upgrading to Sync 3.4

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
The build is now good, but the maps not so much. Car idled for like 40min, said install was complete, I turned it off, got out, all that, went back in couple of times, still says maps are 1 17. I've contacted Ford service on Twitter, which is a pain, but so far the lady only pasted in the instructions for the map update. I already have those and followed them. Frustrating a bit.
around the 30-40 min mark it will say "update complete, blah blah blah.. remove USB drive" but its not actually complete.. it will display that message for 3 seconds or so before it reboots the entire system, then continues the update for another 10-20 min or so.

i got some additional instructions from tech support due to me having an issue with install.. this is what the tech wrote in an email to me, step 1-8 were running a separate file he gave me, step 9 is to run the map update.

9. Turn ignition on, SYNC will display pop-up “Navigation Fault…” Please ignore this POPUP. Insert the original USB which contains the map update data and follow the user instructions. Please do not remove the USB drive or power the vehicle’s engine off while update is installing. The update should take 50-60 minutes. Around the 30-40 minute mark you can may see a “Installation Complete, remove USB” for 2-3 seconds and it disappears. The update is not complete at this point. Please leave USB drive in. At the end you will see this message again, but it will not disappear until you press the screen for it to.
Sponsored

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
Like I said, I did follow instruction to the teeth. In my case I have incorrect license file and during the installation it through the Error Code: PKG_ERR03. I contacted Ford and they send me a link to direct download. Still it's downloading wrong license file. Enough said.
your license file (4U5T-14G424-CC.TAR) was the same name as mine..

i believe the pictures are just for an older install, or diff model car? but in any case, my license file was named the same, and mine eventually installed. after i had to contact them for support of course, but my fault there..

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I spoke to Ford today and they told me to wait at least 48 hours before attempting again, as their service is actually down. There are too many users trying to download the new maps, and the database where the files are stored crashed.
I suppose all america has caused a DDOS attack on the servers trying to download maps the last few days .... :)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Like I said, I did follow instruction to the teeth. In my case I have incorrect license file and during the installation it through the Error Code: PKG_ERR03. I contacted Ford and they send me a link to direct download. Still it's downloading wrong license file. Enough said.
OK, so one of two things. Yes you still have the wrong file. Having done this many time I can tell you that this is unlikely. It is more likely the file is in the wrong place. Did you copy the license file into the "Syncmyride" folder? Did you check for the parenthesis correction on page 6. These two things have screwed up a lot of folks.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I spoke to Ford today and they told me to wait at least 48 hours before attempting again, as their service is actually down. There are too many users trying to download the new maps, and the database where the files are stored crashed.
I suppose all america has caused a DDOS attack on the servers trying to download maps the last few days .... :)
Thank you for that information. Maybe that's why the website is still telling me I already have 1.19 (I don't).

That said, I'd rather have a................

BIG-MAC-Attack_o_28169.jpg

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
around the 30-40 min mark it will say "update complete, blah blah blah.. remove USB drive" but its not actually complete.. it will display that message for 3 seconds or so before it reboots the entire system, then continues the update for another 10-20 min or so.
This pretty much tells you everything you need to know about Ford's SYNC updates.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
The downloads are back online; I was able to download my maps today... Installing to the car soon. I had to pay 103 bucks or so again.... damn Ford.

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
The downloads are back online; I was able to download my maps today... Installing to the car soon. I had to pay 103 bucks or so again.... damn Ford.
does your "about sync" screen say version 1.19? what did it say before the update?

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Damn $103? Not sure if the map update is worth that much. Google maps via Android Auto is much better for actual navigation anyway.

Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I am getting an error LST_ERR05... which seems to be the license file missing... but it's not, it is in the SyncMyRide folder... I made a copy and had a look inside, it contains a certificate and a license.txt file. The license.txt file contains just a line of txt, the version, in my case: JR3T-14G421-CD
BUT , the parent license file has a different name: JR3T-14G424-CD.TAR.GZ.
Can someone please confirm what you have after a successful install; if license.txt file matches your parent archive license name?

Thanks

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
does your "about sync" screen say version 1.19? what did it say before the update?
Update went through(longer than 1 hour, system rebooted itself 2 or 3 times before I remove USB) said update completed, remove USB(I had this at least 2 times during the installation), update will take effect next time you enter the car. Before update I had maps version 1 17. After update and turning car off, exeting, locking, unlocking and entering starting the car, still 1 17. At this point I'm thinking the installation wasn't update at all.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Update went through(longer than 1 hour, system rebooted itself 2 or 3 times before I remove USB) said update completed, remove USB(I had this at least 2 times during the installation), update will take effect next time you enter the car. Before update I had maps version 1 17. After update and turning car off, exeting, locking, unlocking and entering starting the car, still 1 17. At this point I'm thinking the installation wasn't update at all.
How long did this take. The full install take at least 60 minutes. I found when doing my 1.18 update that you were not supposed to pul the USB after the first notice.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Did you unzip all the files including maps and license files into USB?
Yes, did exactly what the instructions asked for, still nothing.
Customer service lady said it may take a couple of days to show and finish install, which makes no sense. The install was the 50min of idle (now for no reason) my car had to do...

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Guys, it's not necessary to have the engine running. Wasting gas and the life of your car. Just make sure you have a healthy battery, turn off the headlights, or hook up a battery charger to be sure. Push the start button without starting. If the update gets interrupted press start again and keep doing it until finished, the data transfer from USB will resume if interrupted. I did my Sync update and my map update this way.
Sponsored