Thinking of upgrading to GT350

Skyrm_da

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I’m looking for some advice on what to expect with GT350 ownership. Ive heard the stories of oil consumption and ownership quirks. Looking into buying a preowned 17-18 with low miles. I’m looking for something to be different than my 17 GT and possibly be a little more fun to drive. I will be keeping the vehicle stock as well and I don’t see any track days in my future.
Sponsored

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I’m looking for some advice on what to expect with GT350 ownership. Ive heard the stories of oil consumption and ownership quirks. Looking into buying a preowned 17-18 with low miles. I’m looking for something to be different than my 17 GT and possibly be a little more fun to drive. I will be keeping the vehicle stock as well and I don’t see any track days in my future.
I just pulled the trigger myself - going from an '18 GT PP2 to a '19 GT350. I certainly can tell the difference and if you read through most of these posts here you will confirm that. Not sure about the purported oil consumption issues as I only have 100 miles on my odometer so far. I held off for some time until I was made an offer I couldn't refuse.

On another note...you wouldn't happen to be down in New Albany, IN by chance?

R/Tim

OP
OP

Skyrm_da

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I just pulled the trigger myself - going from an '18 GT PP2 to a '19 GT350. I certainly can tell the difference and if you read through most of these posts here you will confirm that. Not sure about the purported oil consumption issues as I only have 100 miles on my odometer so far. I held off for some time until I was made an offer I couldn't refuse.

On another note...you wouldn't happen to be down in New Albany, IN by chance?

R/Tim
Tim I am in New Albany. Would love to meet up and see your 19. There are some standard features they added I’d be interested in seeing in person. I’m stuck on an 18 for the lead foot gray color tho.

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Tim I am in New Albany. Would love to meet up and see your 19. There are some standard features they added I’d be interested in seeing in person. I’m stuck on an 18 for the lead foot gray color tho.
Sounds great! I'll PM you my contact info. I am just up the road in Floyds Knobs. I have to be in Cincy this Saturday all day for rugby, but will be in the area on Sunday. Let me know what works for you.

Tim

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Like many other cars that have their horror stories, not every car is plagued by oil consumption issues. I’ve been using mine as a DD for almost 2 years and enjoy every mile. There is an amount of oil usage that is considered normal and mine seems so far to fall well within within that range. I came out of an air cooled 911 and the exact same concerns were there as far as oil usage was concerned so it is not something unique to the Voodoo. The car is great and beyond the ease with which the splitter can contact the ground in driveway/speed bump types of situations I have no issues to highlight.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Skyrm_da

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Like many other cars that have their horror stories, not every car is plagued by oil consumption issues. I’ve been using mine as a DD for almost 2 years and enjoy every mile. There is an amount of oil usage that is considered normal and mine seems so far to fall well within within that range. I came out of an air cooled 911 and the exact same concerns were there as far as oil usage was concerned so it is not something unique to the Voodoo. The car is great and beyond the ease with which the splitter can contact the ground in driveway/speed bump types of situations I have no issues to highlight.
Nice to hear after 2 years everything is still within normal. My 17 is lowered on Eibach springs and I have a GT350 style front lip so I’m hyper aware of anything 3” off the ground

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
I think you've got this figured out...go up 1 yr. from present vehicle to an '18, someone else took that 1st yr. depreciation hit moment it was pulled off dealer lot, obtain YOUR desired color, no real need to modify/upgrade this special car, drive the thing
And enjoy!! It IS a true thrill to drive and that FPC exhaust is sonic nirvana!! GO FOR IT!
Sponsored