Twin Turbo V6 Project

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Ok so after an extensive search on google, it appears that smaller port on the side of the charge pipe outlet migth be a coolant line. It is much bigger then I thought it would be but from the pictures I have been able to find it looks to be that. Earlier turbos though do not have this port so I am not sure at all.
Sponsored

Last edited:

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
this is gunna be awesome! I was just talking to eric about your car yesterday, and hoping for a sweet outcome, cause id love do do this too!!!!! man, I bt it would help to port those manifolds!

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Is SuperSix assembling the parts and tuning? You know, the route back to AK could take your straight through Nashville. ;)

Sponsored

OP
OP
kodypiccirilli

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
Is SuperSix assembling the parts and tuning? You know, the route back to AK could take your straight through Nashville. ;)
I have all of the hardware except the intercooler piping and downpipe. Super Six is simply installing the kit for me due to lack of mechanical knowledge. I may try to come through Nashville for a meetup. I will keep in touch. MPT will be tuning the car, I am waiting for them to release their forced induction tune for 2015+ V6's

OP
OP
kodypiccirilli

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
Tom has got the engine out of the car! The turbos and exhaust manifolds are next to go on the block. After than, Im assuming the engine will go back in and the intercooler will be installed so the piping for it can be fabricated..
IMG_6002.JPG
IMG_6001.JPG

Sponsored

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Man that's got to be so scary lookin to see your engine out of your car an all those wires and dangly things hanging about! Tom knows what he's doing though.

OP
OP
kodypiccirilli

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
So apparently the ecoboost fitted intercoolers, specifically the one I purchased, the MAPerformance race intercooler has clearance issues near the radiator. Not exactly sure what the issue is but here is a quote from Tom: "Radiator about 4" wider than the space between the inlet and outlet pipes and radiator is longer vertically at the bottom"..

cdenoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost Premium/PP
That is the most vague thing I've read all day. I'm sure you guys can get it worked out though.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
So apparently the ecoboost fitted intercoolers, specifically the one I purchased, the MAPerformance race intercooler has clearance issues near the radiator. Not exactly sure what the issue is but here is a quote from Tom: "Radiator about 4" wider than the space between the inlet and outlet pipes and radiator is longer vertically at the bottom"..
Well that is interesting.... I assumed the 6 and the EB shared a radiator but I guess the 6 has a larger one. Makes using a cheap EB intercooler difficult... :(

OP
OP
kodypiccirilli

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
The MAP IC has inlet and out pipes facing rearward that run under the shorter radiator of the EB application. As you can see in the attached comparison pics, the EB radiator is much shorter vertically than the V6/GT radiator which provides this free space for the intercooler inlet and outlet tubes to run through. Due to the added depth of the V6/GT radiator, the intercooler inlets must feed in from the sides to go around the radiator not under it. The differences also apply to the cooling fan shrouds, condensor, trans cooler, etc. All this stuff is different between EB and the V6/GT.
GT radiator stock.jpg
mis-mus415rad_4b46963d.jpg
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Wagner Intercooler 016.jpg
Sponsored