Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
As a mechanic I like the hood prop over the hood struts. Working on the side of a tight engine bay with a hood strut in the way can be a pita at times. Not to mention when they wear out and the owner doesn't want to pay to replace them or you have to use a temporary strut clamp to keep it open.
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
OP
OP
Trackaholic

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Had a bit of free time today to check the UPR oil separator. Car now has ~5500 miles. So that's about 3000 miles and the trackday @ Sonoma since the last time I checked the catch can, and holy cow! There was a ton of oil in there this time. I suspect mostly from the track day. Now that I have two trackdays on this oil change, I'll be getting ready for the car's second one. I'll stick with the OEM oil and filter, which seem to have been working well so far.

-T
IMG_1119_small.jpg

LindsayEOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Wow, that is a lot of oil. A separator is definitely needed. Thanks for the update.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Thanks for the post on the oil separator! I installed mine only a few weeks ago and haven't been to the track yet, but now I'm thinking I should check them before and after my track day.

[MENTION=7132]Trackaholic[/MENTION]: Question: the Ford oil separators use two, one for each bank. Is your separator installed to pull from both banks, or just one?

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thunder Roadster GT-R / ST3
Sub'd.... I like to pretend my GT PP is really a GT 350, LOL

OP
OP
Trackaholic

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the post on the oil separator! I installed mine only a few weeks ago and haven't been to the track yet, but now I'm thinking I should check them before and after my track day.

[MENTION=7132]Trackaholic[/MENTION]: Question: the Ford oil separators use two, one for each bank. Is your separator installed to pull from both banks, or just one?
I have the UPR GT350 setup, which uses the separator shown above on the passenger side, and then a much smaller baffle on the driver side. The baffle is mounted directly to the top of the valve cover, and would just drain back into the head. The airflow on that side should be going into the engine, so the baffle I think just helps stop oil from sloshing out of the valve cover and dripping into the intake. I pulled the hose off the exit of the baffle leading to the intake, and it looked clean, so I think it is either doing its job or hasn't been necessary yet.

I think there is a photo of it earlier in the thread, but it's just a small black cylinder (about the size of a baseball) on top of the valve cover.

-T

Rainier42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue GT350R
Had a bit of free time today to check the UPR oil separator. Car now has ~5500 miles. So that's about 3000 miles and the trackday @ Sonoma since the last time I checked the catch can, and holy cow! There was a ton of oil in there this time. I suspect mostly from the track day. Now that I have two trackdays on this oil change, I'll be getting ready for the car's second one. I'll stick with the OEM oil and filter, which seem to have been working well so far.

-T
Seems to me that I read the NOAC value on the rotorcraft oil is not that great. Have you thought of Amsoil 5w50, which is Ford approved?

OP
OP
Trackaholic

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pulled into the gas station on the way home from work, with the message below.

Car took 15.35 gallons, so message seems to be a little premature, but it was still a fun drive from work to the station, watching the miles to empty tick down from 3, to 2, and finally to 1 even though I was only going about half a mile.

-T
IMG_1127_small.jpg

Sponsored

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Pulled into the gas station on the way home from work, with the message below.

Car took 15.35 gallons, so message seems to be a little premature, but it was still a fun drive from work to the station, watching the miles to empty tick down from 3, to 2, and finally to 1 even though I was only going about half a mile.

-T
This happened to me when my car first arrived off my transport and I needed to find a gas station... stat!!! :doh: ;)

... and wholly crap! You're almost at 7000 miles!!

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
T's rackin up those miles of smiles! Way to go! :D

OP
OP
Trackaholic

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will need to get my 350z tuned up, at which point I will start driving that car more often. The GT350 is just so damn good that it is tough not to take everywhere. Headed in for second oil change this morning. Still going with Motorcraft, but may change to the Amsoil for the third.

-T

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I will need to get my 350z tuned up, at which point I will start driving that car more often. The GT350 is just so damn good that it is tough not to take everywhere. Headed in for second oil change this morning. Still going with Motorcraft, but may change to the Amsoil for the third.

-T
Why not drive the GT350 exclusively? Make every drive, The drive.

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Good stuff man!

I just ordered Amsoil 5w-50 for my first oil change.

I can set you up with a preferred account if you dont have one already!
Sponsored