It sure is neet to see a factory radio delete panel in a modern car
Sponsored

fordpod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cadillac
It sure is neet to see a factory radio delete panel in a modern car
OMG, isn't that the truth, looks like something straight out of the 60s when an AM radio was an option in many vehicles.

Carguy68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1LE
Great pictures! Did you get any of the car on its side showing a bottom side view?

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Great pictures! Did you get any of the car on its side showing a bottom side view?
The car on its side was a Mustang GT, so I didn't get any of that car since it's old news now - haha :)

Reactions: Jmk

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
The current S550 hood needs redesigned to have the same drop/sight line as the GT350.

Current hood is horrible, gets flutter and has very poor visibility in front and even across it.

They need to just admit they did a better job with the GT350 front/hood and at least apply the same visual/sight as it.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hmm... is that something you can buy? If I can't get a GT350 next year is it a possible plan B?
You can't buy that car, but you can buy all of those parts and have them installed. You've been able to do this for years.

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The current S550 hood needs redesigned to have the same drop/sight line as the GT350.

Current hood is horrible, gets flutter and has very poor visibility in front and even across it.

They need to just admit they did a better job with the GT350 front/hood and at least apply the same visual/sight as it.
Don't think they can. The hood has to be that high for European (and other market) pedestrian rollover safety requirements. They're not selling the GT350 in those markets, so they didn't have to adhere to them for the 350, but I'd guess you won't see much change on the standard Mustang in that regard for that reason.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Don't think they can. The hood has to be that high for European (and other market) pedestrian rollover safety requirements. They're not selling the GT350 in those markets, so they didn't have to adhere to them for the 350, but I'd guess you won't see much change on the standard Mustang in that regard for that reason.
Yah it sucks because the visual sight line is just so much better. I think if the hood raise was lower in the middle it would massively improve the visibility. You cant even see the turn indicators on the other side that are coming.

Sponsored

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium

Something like this would take care of the hood flutter: "908SSP" Build.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor

I believe that part of what enabled them to lower the hood on the GT350 was the lower height of the motor. I don't disagree with you, btw, that the current car (and my last-gen Boss) have a lot of room for improvement in terms of forward visibility.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
I believe that part of what enabled them to lower the hood on the GT350 was the lower height of the motor. I don't disagree with you, btw, that the current car (and my last-gen Boss) have a lot of room for improvement in terms of forward visibility.
I don't think the engine sits any lower than the GT. They just wrapped the hood closer to the engine and brought the hood line as low as they could forward (radiator support area) of the engine.

I am not a big fan of the sight line on the S550's (I've driven and autocrossed) other than the GT350 (only sat in). The sight line on the GT350 is fine.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I don't think the engine sits any lower than the GT. They just wrapped the hood closer to the engine and brought the hood line as low as they could forward (radiator support area) of the engine.

I am not a big fan of the sight line on the S550's (I've driven and autocrossed) other than the GT350 (only sat in). The sight line on the GT350 is fine.
Yah they need to improve the sight line. Curious to see how the '16 Camaro's (obviously not a world car) is not only forward but obviously backwards.

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe
This is the first time I've seen the GT and GT350 front splitter side by side. I'm surprised that they are nearly the same (or exactly the same) "size". I expected the GT350 front splitter to protrude forward more compared to the stock GT splitter.

Great pics!
Sponsored