Sharing my Experience about the GT350

Bubis5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BubisPhotography.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
So I have been itching to trade in my 2017 GT and purchase a GT350. Luckily, I found a 2016 GT350 Oxford White (Tech Pack) CPO with under 3k miles for a great price. I set up the appointment to check the car out.

I walk up to the car and it is filthy, looks like it hasn't been cleaned in months. I wouldn't be surprised if the paint was damaged at this point. 2 of the wheels had curb rash, the front bumper had scuffs on it, the previous owner had used cheap tint on the tail lights that was peeling and the rear bumper was not aligned with the body (the dealer told me that was normal:headbonk:). With all this said, i was willing to look over all the cosmetic issues.

The inside of the car was much better taken care of then the outside. The first thing I noticed was how different the clutch is, something I have not seen anyone comment on. The seats hug you much more then the premium seats in the GT. The transmission felt nice and smooth compared to the GT, the car did actually feel slower in the lower rpm range but once you got moving you could tell it was a different animal. The exhaust note in sport mode is awesome, even at 4k rpm it starts to growl. The steering wheel is a nice upgrade over the GT and the steering feel is night and day. The car feels much more planted, it reminded me of my 2015 Audi S4 (not sure if that is a fair comparison).

There was on major issue that the dealer had no answer for. As soon as I got the car out of the parking lot and started going through the gears I had to fight the steering. I have never felt a car do this, it would pull to the left and I would straighten the wheel and it would stop. Then it would pull to the right, it would periodically pull left/right (is this the so called voodoo :crazy:). When I say pull it was something I had to fight to correct. I believe the dealer is not disclosing all the information on the vehicle, I have no idea how they were able to Certify it as a CPO. Also when you get the motor revving past 5.5-6k the shift knob would start to rattle (is this due to the flat plane crank?).

Needless to say I had to walk away from the deal. I really wanted to love the car as I think it is extremely sexy and offers a lot of performance for the money.

I haven't done a review in a very long time so I apologize if it is incomplete.
Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I dont have to fight the steering, unless you mean the car tramlines, which it does, especially in sport mode. Im usually in sport mode with comfort steering. I was reminded just how huge the tires are when I had them off.

Shift knob rattles in 2nd gear, known issue.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
It appears to me that this wasn't the finest example. Mine exhibits none of the shortcomings you mentioned. Keep looking, if you still have the itch.

OP
OP
Bubis5.0

Bubis5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BubisPhotography.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
It felt like I had someone pull on the steering wheel to the sides. Initially the sales associate said it was related to a tire, then it needed an aliment, then a curb could've been hit. Not sure how you certify a car if it has known issues that haven't been addressed. I was mainly looking to see if this is a known issue for my peace of mind.

I dont have to fight the steering, unless you mean the car tramlines, which it does, especially in sport mode. Im usually in sport mode with comfort steering. Shift knob rattles in 2nd gear, known issue.

HaleFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
There was on major issue that the dealer had no answer for. As soon as I got the car out of the parking lot and started going through the gears I had to fight the steering. I have never felt a car do this, it would pull to the left and I would straighten the wheel and it would stop. Then it would pull to the right, it would periodically pull left/right (is this the so called voodoo :crazy:). When I saw pull it was something I had to fight to correct. I believe the dealer is not disclosing all the information on the vehicle, I have no idea how they were able to Certify it as a CPO. Also when you get the motor revving past 5.5-6k the shift knob would start to rattle (is this due to the flat plane crank?).
Could this pull in the steering be attributed to tramlining? I've driven on some badly rutted roads that are conducive to tramlining and it can certainly make you fight with the steering to maintain a straight course. On well paved and unrutted or ungrooved roads you shouldn't experience this to any perceptible degree.

My gear knob does not audibly rattle at any RPM.

You were probably right to walk away.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It felt like I had someone pull on the steering wheel to the sides. Initially the sales associate said it was related to a tire, then it needed an aliment, then a curb could've been hit. Not sure how you certify a car if it has known issues that haven't been addressed. I was mainly looking to see if this is a known issue for my peace of mind.
It's normal for the car to catch ruts in the road and pull either left or right. It definitely takes some getting used to. Part of having wide tires and having steering that provides feedback to the driver.

The shift knob buzzing should be fixed under warranty. Some other people on here have had that problem.

OP
OP
Bubis5.0

Bubis5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BubisPhotography.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I guess it could have been caused by the roads, tramlining is something I have never heard of until today.

Could this pull in the steering be attributed to tramlining? I've driven on some badly rutted roads that are conducive to tramlining and it can certainly make you fight with the steering to maintain a straight course. On well paved and unrutted or ungrooved roads you shouldn't experience this to any perceptible degree.

My gear knob does not audibly rattle at any RPM.

You were probably right to walk away.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Steer clear

OP
OP
Bubis5.0

Bubis5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BubisPhotography.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
This is a good point, I didn't even take it into consideration.

It's normal for the car to catch ruts in the road and pull either left or right. It definitely takes some getting used to. Part of having wide tires and having steering that provides feedback to the driver.

The shift knob buzzing should be fixed under warranty. Some other people on here have had that problem.

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
So I have been itching to trade in my 2017 GT and purchase a GT350. Luckily, I found a 2016 GT350 Oxford White (Tech Pack) CPO with under 3k miles for a great price. I set up the appointment to check the car out.

I walk up to the car and it is filthy, looks like it hasn't been cleaned in months. I wouldn't be surprised if the paint was damaged at this point. 2 of the wheels had curb rash, the front bumper had scuffs on it, the previous owner had used cheap tint on the tail lights that was peeling and the rear bumper was not aligned with the body (the dealer told me that was normal:headbonk:). With all this said, i was willing to look over all the cosmetic issues.

The inside of the car was much better taken care of then the outside. The first thing I noticed was how different the clutch is, something I have not seen anyone comment on. The seats hug you much more then the premium seats in the GT. The transmission felt nice and smooth compared to the GT, the car did actually feel slower in the lower rpm range but once you got moving you could tell it was a different animal. The exhaust note in sport mode is awesome, even at 4k rpm it starts to growl. The steering wheel is a nice upgrade over the GT and the steering feel is night and day. The car feels much more planted, it reminded me of my 2015 Audi S4 (not sure if that is a fair comparison).

There was on major issue that the dealer had no answer for. As soon as I got the car out of the parking lot and started going through the gears I had to fight the steering. I have never felt a car do this, it would pull to the left and I would straighten the wheel and it would stop. Then it would pull to the right, it would periodically pull left/right (is this the so called voodoo :crazy:). When I say pull it was something I had to fight to correct. I believe the dealer is not disclosing all the information on the vehicle, I have no idea how they were able to Certify it as a CPO. Also when you get the motor revving past 5.5-6k the shift knob would start to rattle (is this due to the flat plane crank?).

Needless to say I had to walk away from the deal. I really wanted to love the car as I think it is extremely sexy and offers a lot of performance for the money.

CPO. LOL.

:crazy:

Sponsored

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
I would be curious to know what driving mode you were in on your test drive. I would also like to know if this was a true base mode without magnaride. The trammeling is a common characteristic and has been discussed a lot on this forum. Also remember this is the Tech that comes without transmission and diff coolers.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
It does sound like tramlining that you were experiencing. The buzz is something that a lot have complained about as well. Those 2 things are a big deal, well assuming it's tramlining. The curb rash and outside condition would cause me to steer clear of the car. What kind of condition was the splitter in?

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Depending on how bad the curb rash is (just scraped a curb or if it looks like it was a harder hit) it sounds like normal tramlining. Also, the clutch feel has been discussed here a ton and what can/can't be done about it as well.

As previously said, if either of these are deal breakers than I would steer clear of the GT350 in general. Also there are a lot more vibrations due to the nature of the Voodoo that cause a few more rattles here and there. Something else to keep in mind if that would annoy you or not.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

If you are looking for a very nice oxford white track pack gt350, I traded it into them for an R. The car is located at Parks Ford of Wesley Chapel. The car is immaculate, I turned it into them with 2400 miles on the clock. The car was cared for with 2 oil changes and corresponding oil analysis from blackstone labs.

I don't know what your price range is, but they are asking something like 62K. I am sure you can do better.

My car has been with them now for about two weeks. I'm sure it is sitting outside, just like all their cars, but when I had it, it never spent a night outside.

I broke the car in correctly, it was driven as it was designed to be driven. It was never pushed until the oil got to 190 degrees and I never did crap like burnouts or any of that other nonsense.

If you are serious about buying a used 350, I would recommend my old car. I truly regret trading it in, but I had to so that I would be able to take possession of a second R.

Oh, there was only one issue with the car...... it had a minor chip out of the front end. Its probably fixed by now, but seriously, anybody who buys that car is getting a great one.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
It appears to me that this wasn't the finest example. Mine exhibits none of the shortcomings you mentioned. Keep looking, if you still have the itch.
Really? No light clutch feel, tramlining or rattling/buzzing especially higher in the RPM range?
Sponsored