I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It looks like it's the same hook. I'm guessing they are just gonna tell you to remove the splitter/pan vs the front clip. While that is totally doable, the time you save by not removing the nose, you're gonna lose in cussing and busted knucks.

ChipG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350/'95 F250/'65 Fastback/'96 Cobra Project
It looks like it's the same hook. I'm guessing they are just gonna tell you to remove the splitter/pan vs the front clip. While that is totally doable, the time you save by not removing the nose, you're gonna lose in cussing and busted knucks.
I installed my ZL1 front hook by removing splitter and belly pan and it was pretty straightforward.

OP
OP

Mrhavasu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I installed my ZL1 front hook by removing splitter and belly pan and it was pretty straightforward.
Good to hear, gonna order one up. Thanks

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I installed mine which has a GT500 bumper by just removing the lower splash panel not hard if you tool on your cars.

Sponsored

Kramerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
What is the opinion of the FP tow hooks?
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but if I'm remembering correctly the front FP tow hook requires you to cut the grille and the rear required drilling/cutting of the bumper.

I went the less permanent option and went Titanium ZL1. Quality piece of kit. Ended up taking the front bumper off, which if you've done it before isn't terrible but does suck on your first go around. After the install you can just unscrew the hook from the mounting bracket.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I love the fp tow yet I didn't do the install because it was going in for an engine replacement at the time and I just threw some parts at them for them to install while it was there.

I prefer the fp tow hook and primarily follow Honeybadger as he puts his gt350 into the ring in many different ways.
1630091940212.png

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
+1 for the FP pieces. Front does require a small grill mod which couldn’t be reversed without replacing the grill but it looks great installed. On the rear I just sacrificed the Back up light. Also looks great and I don’t really miss the b/u light. I just use brake lights for that.

I love the symetry and the genuine Ford parts aspect.

Jamongkad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mathew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Was going to ask how you did it. I'm about to embark on the same journey and don't want to remove the front fascia...

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Was going to ask how you did it. I'm about to embark on the same journey and don't want to remove the front fascia...
Easy, like he said, just remove bottom splash panel and your good to go

Jamongkad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mathew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Easy, like he said, just remove bottom splash panel and your good to go
Oh I see I guess I was accustomed to people telling me the front fascia needed to be removed as the only way. I'm searching the forums as well to see if someone did a tutorial of some sort to show how to install the ZL1 tow hook from under the car.

qwert7699

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Liam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
i have had some issues getting my zl1 addons tow hook in, i ordered it over a month ago and it still hasn't shipped, I've emailed several times but their customer service has been awful, i also commented this on one of their instagram posts and they deleted the comment. i would just be careful about how long its going to take to get the zl1 addons one but im still very excited about it. I would like to add i have ordered things from them and they make a quality prodcut and my dad's tow hooks for his c8 shipped from them really fast.

Jamongkad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mathew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
i have had some issues getting my zl1 addons tow hook in, i ordered it over a month ago and it still hasn't shipped, I've emailed several times but their customer service has been awful, i also commented this on one of their instagram posts and they deleted the comment. i would just be careful about how long its going to take to get the zl1 addons one but im still very excited about it
Oh wow really? Hmm I just ordered mine just now. Thanks I'll keep an eye out.

qwert7699

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Liam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
i have had some issues getting my zl1 addons tow hook in, i ordered it over a month ago and it still hasn't shipped, I've emailed several times but their customer service has been awful, i also commented this on one of their instagram posts and they deleted the comment. i would just be careful about how long its going to take to get the zl1 addons one but im still very excited about it
Oh wow really? Hmm I just ordered mine just now. Thanks I'll keep an eye out.
Which on did you order?
Sponsored