Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I think LMR and Steeda sell the Ford lugs too
If the Apex open lugs fit they are much cheaper than any option on the market 1.25$ per nut is really cheap.
Sponsored

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
If the Apex open lugs fit they are much cheaper than any option on the market 1.25$ per nut is really cheap.
Looks like they would fit, but they only come in chrome.
I’ll probably just go with the black Gorillas that Discount Tire sells.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Use what you have now, it is bought and paid for.
You are learning. And will kill the 1st set anyways while you learn corner apex, tail braking, and heel to tow (if stick shift)
Worry about better tires once you have a few track events under your belt.

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
I just switched to RT660's and have run 2 track days on them. Insane grip, an improvement over the RE71R I used the last 2 years.

Friendly reminder that SUPER sticky rubber is paired well with a baffled oil pan.

Sponsored

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Bumping up the thread - what do you guys buy for 2022 season for hpde use? Current prices seem to be insane, Supercar 3 is like made of gold and on backorders. RT660 is similar pricing.
Anyone tried Federal 595rs-pro? They seem to be available in 305/30/19 size now.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
My understanding is they are like the rs4, lasts fairly long but not maximal grip

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
My understanding is they are like the rs4, lasts fairly long but not maximal grip
That would actually be perfect for my needs)). I'm looking for a tire that would give me a lot of practice time and would not fall apart from overheating.

Any thoughts on Nankang SR-1? Those are more expensive, but also seem to be close to AR-1 semislicks as far as compound, while having better wet performance.
And my other contender is BFG Rival S 1.5, but these seem to be more geared towards autocross.

Sponsored

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
That would actually be perfect for my needs)). I'm looking for a tire that would give me a lot of practice time and would not fall apart from overheating.

Any thoughts on Nankang SR-1? Those are more expensive, but also seem to be close to AR-1 semislicks as far as compound, while having better wet performance.
And my other contender is BFG Rival S 1.5, but these seem to be more geared towards autocross.
I don't recommend chinese tires.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase

Since I was doing my research for tires very soon for 11" wheels. I end up getting 295/35/19 Yokohama A052 but my car is used for time attack. From what I have read BFG Rival S 1.5 is really good tire and from the list you put may be the best one if you are needing training tire in fact BFG are the tires that are used by the Ford Performance Racing School for the Mustangs so this should be great tire for learning probably not fast enough. A few of my friends run Federal and generally are happy again not fastest tire but lasting good amount. I didn't know they make them in 305 now which should be great. Either way I suggest you go with the BFG.

Last edited:

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since I was doing my research for tires very soon for 11" wheels. I end up getting 295/35/19 Yokohama A052 but my car is used for time attack. From what I have read BFG Rival S 1.5 is really good tire and from the list you put may be the best one if you are needing training tire in fact BFG are the tires that are used by the Ford Performance Racing School for the Mustangs so this should be great tire for learning probably not fast enough. A few of my friends run Federal and generally are happy again not fastest tire but lasting good amount. I didn't know they make them in 305 now which should be great. Either way I suggest you go with the BFG.
I have wanted BFGs for my car for a long time. Good to hear they work for you.

I use Firestone Hawk Indy 500s. They have good reviews on tire rack and don't really break the bank for summers.

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
I just ordered a set of Kuhmo Ectsa V730s, 305/30-19. I ran Supercar 3Rs for the last two seasons and they were great. But I wanted something in the 200 TW category (at least a little more longevity!), and the regular Supercar 3s are on backorder. So we'll see how the Kuhmos fare. Anyone have experience with the V730?

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered a set of Kuhmo Ectsa V730s, 305/30-19. I ran Supercar 3Rs for the last two seasons and they were great. But I wanted something in the 200 TW category (at least a little more longevity!), and the regular Supercar 3s are on backorder. So we'll see how the Kuhmos fare. Anyone have experience with the V730?
What's less than 200tw that you would recommend?
Sponsored