Sponsored

Thinking about switching from C6 Corvette

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
What kind of hp should I expect out of the mustang with a full exhaust and cai?
pointless exercise unless you're just out for obnoxious noise. The mods do basically nothing useful.

Get an E85 tune if you want to have something to show for a monetary outlay.
If your PP1 doesn't have Magneride, then if you want "good" handling prepare to replace the dampers (Ford Performance Racing or BIlstein for an inexpensive solution) and run a stiffer front spring.

Many hours of reading the extensive Suspension and HPDE sections awaits you.
Sponsored

Last edited:

asc709

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP
I came from a C7 and had some initial trouble with the change. I do miss my Vette and my Mustang GT PP1 (6-speed) is not a Vette. That’s probably the easiest way to explain it.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my GT. But I it takes some getting used to. I really like the looks of the GT, the 5.0 sounds amazing with a Borla exhaust, it handles well for a larger car, it has a barely usable backseat, and of course the 6-speed.

I miss the nimbleness of the C7, the cargo space, the targa top, the audio system, and the low end torque.

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
Great feedback ladies and gentlemen. I greatly appreciate it.

I went ahead and bought the mustang.
2020 with just a touch under 8k miles. I've only driven it about 20 miles but so far I really like it and more importantly, so does the wife.

Thanks for the reply. I understand the whole tune thing. Not my first rodeo just my first time looking into the mustangs. The full exhaust would include LTs. Is the factory intake that good that it's not worth replacing?

My wife just caught me out in the garage staring at the Vette. She told me to keep it if I like it that much. I think I will for now. I still have a supercharger kit sitting on the shelf waiting to go on.

Thanks all. I'll definitely be around the forums. I've never been able to leave will enough alone. I really think the mustang could use a blower too🤣🤣🤣
Yes, the factory intake (and manifold, for that matter) is perfectly fine—better than most aftermarket "solutions", even. About the only other NA intake system worth considering is the Ford Performance power package / GT350's intake system. But even then, that's an open filter that's focused primarily for HPDE/track usage.

Getting a drop-in K&N filter, and maybe cutting/plugging the sound tube if you prefer is about all you'll need to do for the stock box. One or two folks around here have taken a file to some unnecessary plastic inside to further smooth airflow, but that is truly coming down to minuscule stuff.

All that said, enjoy the car!

Last edited:

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
About the only other NA intake system worth considering is the Ford Performance power package / GT350's intake system. But even then, that's an open filter that's focused primarily for HPDE/track usage. If you're only on the streets, it'll be a downgrade to a hot air intake for the most part.
As long as you drive with the hood closed, the GT350's intake (also stock on the Bullitt & Mach1) is an almost completely closed system that breathes through the air intake snorkel behind the grille.

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
I came from a C7 and had some initial trouble with the change. I do miss my Vette and my Mustang GT PP1 (6-speed) is not a Vette. That’s probably the easiest way to explain it.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my GT. But I it takes some getting used to. I really like the looks of the GT, the 5.0 sounds amazing with a Borla exhaust, it handles well for a larger car, it has a barely usable backseat, and of course the 6-speed.

I miss the nimbleness of the C7, the cargo space, the targa top, the audio system, and the low end torque.
I'm really trying to go the other way, and get into a C7. Your last paragraph doesn't help 🤣

Sponsored

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
As long as you drive with the hood closed, the GT350's intake (also stock on the Bullitt & Mach1) is an almost completely closed system that breathes through the air intake snorkel behind the grille.
True, corrected and apologies. I blame lack of coffee. :like:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'm really trying to go the other way, and get into a C7. Your last paragraph doesn't help 🤣
Make sure to try one on and see how it fits.

I looked at ordering a C7 GS at one point, but drove a Z51 and realized it was not for me since I'm built like a linebacker with a tall torso. It was awkward to see stoplights and such, and my GS dreams were crushed.

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
Had a C4 convertible. i never missed that POS after I sold it.
Low power, esp. on a hot day.
Wanted to float and fly away over 70mph.
never liked the interior or cluster.

next car I looked at several, including a new c6 vette. Notable moment was cheap plastic dash window on vette - anti-reflection (like camera lens) coated glass window on Audi.
Went with Audi. several other reasons for the Audi ... but painted the Vette in the light of lowest bidder component built car based on branding vs quality.

Handling was great on back roads. Thats it.

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
Low power, esp. on a hot day.
.... yup... that dam aluminum intake with hot engine oil splashing all over the underside of it as well. Heat soak CITY and microwaved the outside air + 100F. Not good for power. (... had an LT1 as well....)

Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
never owned a c6 but I did have a C7 for a few years when they were new.

Most likely you will be kind of frustrated with the way the mustang drives in terms of feel and handling. Coming from a Supra and a corvette those are real uncompromised sports cars. But the power and sound will be a familiar place.

I do find the mustang to be overall a easier car to drive. and the 5.0L is a amazing engine its worth a try.

Jerry Carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2021 California Special Black exterior
I sold my 2014 Z51 C7 fall of 2020, I don't miss it. After 24years of driving vettes I came to the conclusion GM lost their way with the C8. I was able to get 460 HP and a 10 speed automatic and the sweetest sounding factory exhaust note on the planet with a GT Premium Mustang all while coming up seven model years with the newest technology.

Go for it! You won't regret it

OP
OP
Bkings

Bkings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2005 C6. 2020 GT
I did a couple back to back pulls in the Vette and the stang yesterday. It's very hard to tell which one is faster. I think the Vette might just barely be. That would make sense as it's the lighter of the 2. It also is much louder inside generally speaking. It feels old and dated too

FLfree

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Performance

bonz50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 50th Anniv GT
Make sure to try one on and see how it fits.

I looked at ordering a C7 GS at one point, but drove a Z51 and realized it was not for me since I'm built like a linebacker with a tall torso. It was awkward to see stoplights and such, and my GS dreams were crushed.
my oldest son has a hardon for a c7 z51 or GS. he's a college football QB, 6-2 broad shoulders etc. sounds like he needs a test drive prior as well. might not be his cup of tea
Sponsored