Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Correct, but you can't go crazy with the stock 2.3 like the 5.0
Shit, I had more mods on my Ford Flex EB
I contemplated the EB, but for me the auditory sound of the V8 won me over. I have also heard that the structural weight of the S550 chassis can be a bit heavy for that engine. Not my opinion, but just what I have heard. I do know that the smaller engine weight in the front does make it a more nimble, easier vehicle to handle. If you watch the 2015 GT350 video on Jay Leno's garage, Jay mentions having Ford drop off a GT and an EB for him to test... he loved the EB.
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Correct, but you can't go crazy with the stock 2.3 like the 5.0
Shit, I had more mods on my Ford Flex EB
:lol: True that, the Ford Flex will straight move.

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
I contemplated the EB, but for me the auditory sound of the V8 won me over. I have also heard that the structural weight of the S550 chassis can be a bit heavy for that engine. Not my opinion, but just what I have heard. I do know that the smaller engine weight in the front does make it a more nimble, easier vehicle to handle. If you watch the 2015 GT350 video on Jay Leno's garage, Jay mentions having Ford drop off a GT and an EB for him to test... he loved the EB.
The 5.0 sound actually annoys me. Stock is alright, anything more and it sounds like trash unless it's turbo. My opinion. I've took part in a bunch of turbo/paxton coyote builds and it never ends. 700-1300hp 8 second Street car builds. I didn't want to go down that road.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The 5.0 sound actually annoys me. Stock is alright, anything more and it sounds like trash unless it's turbo. My opinion. I've took part in a bunch of turbo/paxton coyote builds and it never ends. 700-1300hp 8 second Street car builds. I didn't want to go down that road.
Totally understand.......I didn't want to go down that road as well.. thus the stock Vert.

Sponsored

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
OP's sig shows Flowmaster 40, maybe those are too loud for long distance drives. Does the car have upgraded OPG and clutch ?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
My brother uses his '17 GT for exactly that. He's a fell runner and these runs take place in some of the best bits of British countryside (narrow roads though).

Calvin-Ferguson-at-Scafell-Pike-2017.jpg
[sarcasm] Looks like fun [\sarcasm]

OP
OP
Nomadic

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
So if to you cars are not a sport - which I'm assuming means you're not into the car show thing either - and you're frustrated by not being able to use much of the power that your car has . . . why on earth did you supercharge it in the first place?
I didn't supercharge it. It came that way. And I got a really good deal on the car. Less than a new GT and mine had barely any miles.

OP
OP
Nomadic

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
OP's sig shows Flowmaster 40, maybe those are too loud for long distance drives. Does the car have upgraded OPG and clutch ?
Actually the sound of my car is the main reason I'll probably keep it. No, the Flowmaster 40 w/Delta are not too loud. They sound awesome....and I'm not into overly loud exhausts by any means. They came on the car and I thought they'd be too loud and I'd buy some stock mufflers. But they're fine.

They are of course louder than stock but not obnoxiously loud by any means. Coupled with the H-pipe, I do love the symphony it produces.

Gotta give props to the previous owner of my car, he put only 5500 miles in 3 years and he supercharged it, added exhaust, lowering springs, front/rear sway bars and tinted it. I just added the BMR cradle lockout kit.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
LOL. I used to road race a lot. Now I race rarely but still love running.
I joke, but I know what you mean about loving running. I used to do it a lot. Now I limit my running miles because I want my knees and ankles to work as I get older.
Sponsored