Thinking about switching from C6 Corvette

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
my oldest son has a hardon for a c7 z51 or GS. he's a college football QB, 6-2 broad shoulders etc. sounds like he needs a test drive prior as well. might not be his cup of tea
It’s worth a test drive to get a feel for it. I’m 6’1” and a former college tennis player so a little more slender build than a football player and I have a tough time squeezing in Corvettes, more so the C8 than the C7
Sponsored

merlin803

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
clay
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 P0004
Coming from a C7 Grand Sport to a 2022 GT W/PP, these are my thoughts:

I loved driving the C7 GS, the things I liked better than the GT was:

The handling (it just felt very light)
The lower end acceleration (but honestly I can't say that it is like a night & day difference or it's something then when driving I think I am missing something)
The removable top
It just felt like a more rare/special car

However, the things I like better about the GT are:

It is just a much better daily driver, which is my intent for them
The technology is better and up to date
The seats are very comfortable
The interior has more room in the front - and a back seat that works for kids
It's much easier to get in/out of (I am 6'1" 240 & getting in/out of a car that is virtually sitting on the ground wasn't a deal breaker but the GT is just so easy to get in/out of)
The exhaust sound
I get to drive it regularly (living in the North East, while I had all weather tires on the C7, there were still plenty of times that I didn't drive it because of weather and also with a grandson now that is over quite a bit, it limited even more being able to drive the C7)

In short, it just depends on what you want out of it. For me, I want my sports car to be my every day driver and the GT is just a better car for that but if it was just going to be my every weekend or once in a while car then I would prefer the C7 I think (but it is honestly a tougher decision than most people would believe - and for what it is worth, I have always been a Chevy guy since most of my family have worked for them I a get a discount - The GT is my first Ford).