Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
And these are the graphs that show charge air temperature and boost pressure for the cp-e DeltaCore vs. the stock FMIC.

1. Stock FMIC / Stock tune:

picture.jpg

2. cp-e DeltaCore FMIC / Tune+:

picture.jpg

BTBAM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350 Oxford White/Blue Stripes
Ok I might be asking a dumb question, I bought a used levels IC from a user on here local to me. He recommended to not use the stock pipes. Should I wait to install it until I get the charge pipes? I'd prefer to just install it now until I've convinced my CFO (Wife) that I need charge pipes also.

Sponsored

Alloy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 EB
If you go w/a stock-sized core, you'll regret it later when you want to turn up the power. You'll have a less-than-desirable used item to resell and you'll have to spend the retail money again on the bigger (right) intercooler.

Ask me how I know....

I went with Levels for many reasons. First being he's a small business owner, like me. Second, he's a local business owner (only a few hours away), and I enjoy supporting small business owners, especially in my home state. Third, it's a freaking BEAST for performance; I picked up 4/10ths in the 1/8th mile from just swapping back to a factory intake (from a JLT) and adding the Race Core from Levels.

There is a promo code for 10% discount from www.LevelsPerformance.com right now, too. Use the code SAVE$ to get a 10% discount at checkout!
Could you give some insight as to why you swapped back from the JLT to the OEM box? I'm currently running the stock box with the street Map IC. Living in South TX and not too happy with the temps. Before I consider swapping for a Levels, I wanted to see what others were doing amd why.

On another note is anyone experiencing a quick gap/lag when stomping in the gas? Mine does it everytime I want to do a quick jump forwards. I'm still data logging with Adam. I'm used to just mashing on the gas and getting the power smoothly but increasingly. My other car is a 17 Audi A4 which is of course a turbo and it always swems to have the right amount of "go". Whether it's a gradual acceleration or full on pedal, there is never any sudden drop in power or lack of power. The engine is smaller and so is the turbo but this thing just smoothly accelerates through the gears. And dare I say it feels way faster than mu Mustang.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Just noticed the Mountune intercooler is on sale for $299 with free shipping! That's a huge discount, and would be well worth the money for anyone that was on the fence but didn't want to spend a ton on a direct fit intercooler...

https://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Intercooler-Upgrade-Mustang-EcoBoost-p/2523-ic-ba.htm
I've gotta say, that is definitely tempting as no new price comes close to that amount, but I really don't think those short, thick intercoolers do much. They just don't have the surface area to cool any better than stock. I'd much prefer a tall, thin intercooler that has a lot more surface area to cool.

SteedaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Ecoboost
How close is the bumper to the core when using a tall intercooler? Is there room for it to breathe or is it right up against the bumper support? With such a small opening in the stock bumper, I would almost lean on a thicker intercooler being better, but I am not 100% sure.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I've gotta say, that is definitely tempting as no new price comes close to that amount, but I really don't think those short, thick intercoolers do much. They just don't have the surface area to cool any better than stock. I'd much prefer a tall, thin intercooler that has a lot more surface area to cool.
My testing has shown that the stock mounts (IE short Fat) are within a degree or two of the big ones, (Tall thin) While i love my MAP Race IC. Knowing what I know now, I would have kept the MAP Street core.

Montune is amazing, at this price, I'm tempted to get one and sell my huge race core to someone and pocket the difference.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

My testing has shown that the stock mounts (IE short Fat) are within a degree or two of the big ones, (Tall thin) While i love my MAP Race IC. Knowing what I know now, I would have kept the MAP Street core.

Montune is amazing, at this price, I'm tempted to get one and sell my huge race core to someone and pocket the difference.
That's good to hear. Especially at that price. Good deal.

For street driving, could you give me stock vs upgraded numbers? I keep hearing people mention it stays pretty much at ambient.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
I really wish they gave more specs on their intercooler. Depth? Temps? etc. That price is a steal if it's worth a grain of salt.

bam88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost PP
One thing to keep in mind the montune is tube and fin rather than everybody else who uses bar and plate. Tube and fin is the same core style as the factory IC. I believe the main difference being bar and plate will allow for more airflow but takes slightly longer to shed heat. I personally would not use a tube and fin design but it comes down to what you do with your car.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
One thing to keep in mind the montune is tube and fin rather than everybody else who uses bar and plate. Tube and fin is the same core style as the factory IC. I believe the main difference being bar and plate will allow for more airflow but takes slightly longer to shed heat. I personally would not use a tube and fin design but it comes down to what you do with your car.
Good info, thanks! Probably why they are on such deep discount. Can't see someone paying full price for that over say a MAP

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
My testing has shown that the stock mounts (IE short Fat) are within a degree or two of the big ones, (Tall thin)
I truly believe that the larger cores have some benefit, but the fact that the bumper support blocks a lot of direct airflow keeps them from performing as well as they could. While there is still more cooling surface, when it's trapped with little to no airflow, it doesn't provide enough benefit to overcome the loss in pressure over the smaller units.

I definitely saw a nice drop in temps just going from stock to Mishi with no other mods done to the car. To me it was well worth the investment.
Sponsored