Kaneisin33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edgar
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Count me in as well.

i contacted Multimatic a couple of weeks ago, but they also stated they couldn’t sell them to me.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
You could also make upright bracket extenders, tastefully, like what I see available for Porsches, etc. Not what I want but may work for somebody else.

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
Guys let me know if you have a group that wants them.
my shop could duplicate any design you want. We could even add customization with machine in lettering or whatever you heart desires.
I would need basic design idea from you and a group buy to help lower development cost and anodizing costs.

OP
OP
EF300

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I definitely will, i'm waiting to hear back from him.

Thanks for all the replies. I would definitely be down to research a group buy on machined replicas of the multimatic standoffs. I bet there are enough people that would want them to justify doing it.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
You could also make upright bracket extenders, tastefully, like what I see available for Porsches, etc. Not what I want but may work for somebody else.
Why not just replace the riser with a taller one? I think I’ve said this multiple times but apparently it’s not getting through?

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I want an exact replica of the multimatic mounts with the exception of working with a CFTP wing (if there is a difference).

@Epiphany, can we get some specs from you?

OP
OP
EF300

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guys let me know if you have a group that wants them.
my shop could duplicate any design you want. We could even add customization with machine in lettering or whatever you heart desires.
I would need basic design idea from you and a group buy to help lower development cost and anodizing costs.
This is great. Do you have any idea on the amount of people you might need to make it profitable for you? Even a ballpark

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
This whole idea doesn't mean anything unless we can replicate a multimatic mount.

I would want it replicated down to every last weld.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
If it's machined out of billet, there wouldn't be any welds, would there Tom?

I think the cost will be prohibitive. Honestly, I'm fine with the stock wing but it: 1) screws up the rear view and 2) it's a PITA to wash being so close to the deck lid. Small potatoes, I know. Aerodynamically? I don't have a clue which would be better on the track. If the wing gets clean air over it, does it matter how high it is? I dunno.

I'll be curious to hear what the projected cost is for the billet machining and anodizing from either source.

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
My shop could machine it if I have one to copy (for those looking for an exact copy). Quantity can vary but the more that are ordered the less expensive the end cost. Setup, engineering and lot fees get spread over the size of the order.
Can I get one person to spearhead this, get me a mount to copy (only need it for a few days). That person could coordinate with all the people who want this.
By the way this would be called reverse engineering and something would have to be changed to differentiate from the Ford piece to ensure we don’t get into any legal issues. Change could be visually not detectable but would be a product improvement to ensure big Ford doesn’t step on us.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
My shop could machine it if I have one to copy (for those looking for an exact copy). Quantity can vary but the more that are ordered the less expensive the end cost. Setup, engineering and lot fees get spread over the size of the order.
Can I get one person to spearhead this, get me a mount to copy (only need it for a few days). That person could coordinate with all the people who want this.
By the way this would be called reverse engineering and something would have to be changed to differentiate from the Ford piece to ensure we don’t get into any legal issues. Change could be visually not detectable but would be a product improvement to ensure big Ford doesn’t step on us.
An exact copy of the GT4 will be difficult, since only one person on this fourm has one.

OP
OP
EF300

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An exact copy of the GT4 will be difficult, since only one person on this fourm has one.

Why not just scale up our current mounts to the same GT4 height . Or maybe half a millimeter taller for a copyright purposes.

I agree though I definitely do not want to infringe on any copy rights that is not the intention. We can get the same look while keeping it a little bit different

OP
OP
EF300

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where is your shop located ?
Sponsored