Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 Mustang GT Prem. M/T
Yeah, looks mostly like an update aimed mostly at Siri/Apple users:

What's included in this update?
EA5T-14D544-AD Gen2 - V3.8
ABOUT THE LATEST UPDATE

The new software update for SYNC® with MyFord Touch® systems includes all the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits such as:

Siri® Eyes Free*:

Now iPhone users can use Siri® Eyes Free with SYNC® with MyFord Touch®. With simple voice commands, SYNC® with MyFord Touch® enables you to operate the iPhone and SYNC® together. Siri® Eyes Free can be activated by pressing and holding the voice button for at least 3 seconds.
Secure, simple phone pairing:

Phone pairing is now easier.
Automatic reconnection:

If your phone disconnects, SYNC® with MyFord Touch® will automatically reconnect it.
Easier entry of destinations for China:

Now SYNC® with MyFord Touch® allows for easier entry of destinations.
*Feature requires compatible hardware.

The installation of this update will take up to 30 minutes to complete.

Be sure to keep your engine running (not in accessory mode) throughout the entire installation process. Turning off your vehicle during the update installation will disrupt the process. Although your vehicle must be in park when you begin the installation process, you may drive your vehicle while the update is downloading to your SYNC® system.

If your vehicle is equipped with the Intelligent Access with Push Button Start feature, you will need to temporarily disable the Automatic Engine Idle Shutdown (AEIS) component before beginning the installation in order to prevent your vehicle from timing out and shutting off the engine before the software update is complete. To disable this feature, use your steering wheel controls to navigate to the Settings menu on your left-hand Instrument Cluster LCD display. From there, select Vehicle >Auto Engine Off >Off. (If you do not see this setting, there is no need to make any changes before starting the update.)

Alternatively, after initiating the installation, you may drive the vehicle during the update process to avoid shutting off the engine. The next time you start your vehicle, the AEIS will automatically reset to "On."

Please note: During the update installation, SYNC® will temporarily appear to not recognize your mobile phone or media device. This is normal. Once your system has been successfully updated, SYNC® will display a notification stating "Installation complete."
I'll install it anyways just to be current. Weird that the car has to be running. I guess it's prevent the battery from dying while the update is installing and possibly bricking SYNC.
Sponsored

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Just follow the instructions... mine took 22 minutes after I first plugged the USB drive into the port.

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang eco, 17 explorer, 17 Jaguar F-Pace
Just follow the instructions... mine took 22 minutes after I first plugged the USB drive into the port.
Mine took exactly the same amount of time. I did both explorer and mustang. Only problem I encountered was confirming the update after I did it. Had to go to live chat with ford to figure what to do next. I was told Ford is aware of the problem some are having with the confirmation after the install. (you need to confirm in order for your Vehicle health report to stay current). So, the Ford rep said to run the VHR again after installation, and it will auto update. That worked for me.
P.S. I'll tell you one thing I miss. When I had an I phone 4, Sync would read my texts for me. I didn't even have to pick up my phone. Now, with my I phone 6, I seem to have lost that feature. That is a real bummer man. Am I missing something here? or is it just not available with the I phone 6? Seems technology has been lost with the I phone 6. or Ford dropped the ball on this one.....

Jpjr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang V6 (traded)
I did an update on the base radio and now the aux line in doesn't work. It did before the update.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Mine took exactly the same amount of time. I did both explorer and mustang. Only problem I encountered was confirming the update after I did it. Had to go to live chat with ford to figure what to do next. I was told Ford is aware of the problem some are having with the confirmation after the install. (you need to confirm in order for your Vehicle health report to stay current). So, the Ford rep said to run the VHR again after installation, and it will auto update. That worked for me.
P.S. I'll tell you one thing I miss. When I had an I phone 4, Sync would read my texts for me. I didn't even have to pick up my phone. Now, with my I phone 6, I seem to have lost that feature. That is a real bummer man. Am I missing something here? or is it just not available with the I phone 6? Seems technology has been lost with the I phone 6. or Ford dropped the ball on this one.....
I did my Mustang and my wife's Escape. Reporting the update for the Mustang worked fine. Not so much on the Escape sounds like the same issue you had. I was thinking about running another VHR as I did one before the update like the instructions said. But wasn't sure if that would report the current SW version or not. Thank you for confirming that works.

Sponsored

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey mikef523,

Go to SETTINGS on your iPhone, select BLUETOOTH, then select the BLUE ICON next to SYNC, and turn on SHOW NOTIFICATIONS.

That should do it. Let me know if it works for you.

I did an update on the base radio and now the aux line in doesn't work. It did before the update.
Hey Jpjr21,

Have you tried a master reset: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync...re-updates/how-to-perform-a-master-reset.html

Whitney

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey mikef523,

Go to SETTINGS on your iPhone, select BLUETOOTH, then select the BLUE ICON next to SYNC, and turn on SHOW NOTIFICATIONS.

That should do it. Let me know if it works for you.

Wow. Thanks for that info. I can't believe I went a whole year, and didn't know I could do this. I really appreciate it. I did as you instructed, have not had a chance to check it yet, But I will let you know.

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Message for FordIVTEAM

Thanks guys. Your advise worked. Sync is now reading my text messages. Thanks again for you help. You guys are awwsome.....

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Montreal has Sync 3 as his is a 2016. Wi-fi isn't a feature for us plebian 2015 sync 2 owners
I have wifi capability in my 2015 with Sync 2. I haven't actually connected it to a nearby wifi but I have been on the page where it shows all of the wifi's in range so I would assume that's possible. Haven't tried to do any updates through wifi either. I just downloaded it, dropped it on a USB and plugged it in. As others have said, it probably took about 20 minutes with a bunch of turning on/off.

Just keep in mind that when it's done, your BT phone connection will be lost and you will have to go through the process of re-connecting BT to your phone (just preferably not while you are driving!)

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Thanks guys. Your advise worked. Sync is now reading my text messages. Thanks again for you help. You guys are awwsome.....
Wait, what!?! Lol. I'm in the same boat. I had no idea it could do that! I tried messing with it on the phone menu of the car but it kept saying that my device did not support text through BT or something like that! I'll have to give this a try too!

EDIT: Of course with the new update which adds Siri Eyes Free or whatever, you could just ask Siri to read your last text message and/or send a new one...

Last edited:

Sponsored

TmjMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem
I installed the latest update and was to sync both my personal iPhone 6s Plus and iPod (stays in the car attached via USB cable) and so far all seems to be working. Siri sounds clear now but the first few commands were chopper at best. Commands to the iPod as the primary Bluetooth device started the same but cleared up after a few tests. Nothing major just seem odd. Headed out for a night time drive in order to test everything before officially signing off on it.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey mikef523.

You're welcome! I'm glad to hear it's working!

I have wifi capability in my 2015 with Sync 2. I haven't actually connected it to a nearby wifi but I have been on the page where it shows all of the wifi's in range so I would assume that's possible. Haven't tried to do any updates through wifi either. I just downloaded it, dropped it on a USB and plugged it in. As others have said, it probably took about 20 minutes with a bunch of turning on/off.

Just keep in mind that when it's done, your BT phone connection will be lost and you will have to go through the process of re-connecting BT to your phone (just preferably not while you are driving!)
Wait, what!?! Lol. I'm in the same boat. I had no idea it could do that! I tried messing with it on the phone menu of the car but it kept saying that my device did not support text through BT or something like that! I'll have to give this a try too!

EDIT: Of course with the new update which adds Siri Eyes Free or whatever, you could just ask Siri to read your last text message and/or send a new one...

Hey MSMStannyl,

Once you turn on show notifications you should be good to go. Give those steps a try and let me know how it goes.

Also, Wifi only allows you to create a mobile hot spot in your vehicle. If you have an internet source like a mobile boradband stick you can use it to create the hotspot. Updates can only be performed with a USB flash drive and are not available over the air with MyFord Touch.

I hope this clears things up.

Whitney

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
Did the update at lunch. Siri sounds like she is broadcasting from a really old AM radio. In my civic she sounded nice and clear.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
Hey Phoenix,

Have you tried a master reset: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync...re-updates/how-to-perform-a-master-reset.html

You may also want to soft reset your iPhone by holding down the power button and the home button until the Apple logo appears.

Let me know if that helps.

Whitney
I will do the soft reset on the iphone now.

Will the master reset of SYNC MFT erase preset radio stations? My car does not have navigation so that part is not applicable.
Sponsored