Sponsored

SYNC update: Anyone tried it?

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I will do the soft reset on the iphone now.

Will the master reset of SYNC MFT erase preset radio stations? My car does not have navigation so that part is not applicable.
Phoenix,

The master reset may delete the radio presets depending on the current software version of the vehicle. I'd jot them down if I were you. :)

Whitney
Sponsored

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
Phoenix,

The master reset may delete the radio presets depending on the current software version of the vehicle. I'd jot them down if I were you. :)

Whitney
Will do, ill do this at lunch.

Thank you!

B.Crowder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 Mustang GT Prem. M/T
I will do the soft reset on the iphone now.

Will the master reset of SYNC MFT erase preset radio stations? My car does not have navigation so that part is not applicable.
It didn't erase my presets. It did erase my wallpaper though.

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It didn't erase my presets. It did erase my wallpaper though.
good to know. i dont have a wallpaper set up right now but maybe in the future. thank you for the info.

Sponsored

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're welcome, Phoenix. How did it go?

Whitney
i did not get a chance to do it at lunch the other day. i did test call quality and its the same as before the sync update so that is good. hopefully i can do the reset today.

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i did it at lunch. it did reset my sat radio presets but not my fm presets. weird.

ill try siri on my way to dinner.

professorwoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vrooom!
My NON-MFT doesn't want to update. It just keeps saying "Installation in progress" forever.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

professorwoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vrooom!

Sponsored

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i did the master reset, and reset my phone. siri still sounds like she is broadcasting from an AM radio. Perhaps this is an issue that will be updated with apple in 9.2.

my phone is current software, iphone 6s.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yes I had tried a master reset. It turns out that it did not like my 32GB USB drive. I used another drive that was 8GB and the update worked perfectly!

Glad it worked for you, professorwoof! Let me know what you think of the new update; I'm here if you have any questions.

i did the master reset, and reset my phone. siri still sounds like she is broadcasting from an AM radio. Perhaps this is an issue that will be updated with apple in 9.2.

my phone is current software, iphone 6s.
Phoenix,

If the issue continues after the next iOS update is released, you may want to visit your dealer.

Whitney

Last edited:

MagneticGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I have a 2015 GTPP with MFT, nav, etc. I just did the Sync software update to v38 via USB. I received the message stating that the update was successful. After the update however, Sync Voice Commands no longer work. When I press the steering wheel button and say a command, Sync says it's listening, but nothing seems to be heard/recognized. It's as if the car's microphone is disconnected because people who call me can no longer hear me either. This all worked fine prior to the software update. :doh:

Everything else post-update seems to be fine.

By the way, I've performed a reset of my iPhone 6 and a master reset of MFT. No luck. :frusty:

Any ideas? Is this related to the Siri Eyes feature? :shrug:

Is there a way to force the update to be reapplied? I tried reinserting my USB flash drive, but Sync refused to reinstall the software because it was already installed.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have a 2015 GTPP with MFT, nav, etc. I just did the Sync software update to v38 via USB. I received the message stating that the update was successful. After the update however, Sync Voice Commands no longer work. When I press the steering wheel button and say a command, Sync says it's listening, but nothing seems to be heard/recognized. It's as if the car's microphone is disconnected because people who call me can no longer hear me either. This all worked fine prior to the software update. :doh:

Everything else post-update seems to be fine.

By the way, I've performed a reset of my iPhone 6 and a master reset of MFT. No luck. :frusty:

Any ideas? Is this related to the Siri Eyes feature? :shrug:

Is there a way to force the update to be reapplied? I tried reinserting my USB flash drive, but Sync refused to reinstall the software because it was already installed.
Hi MagneticGT,

Siri shouldn't be creating that problem and unfortunately there isn't a way to re-install software. You've performed all of the troubleshooting steps available to you, so I recommend visiting your dealer to have MFT serviced.

Whitney

MagneticGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Where is the microphone located that Sync uses for Voice Command? Is it located on the front of the map light housing? :shrug:
Sponsored

Last edited: