Sponsored

Anyone else having issues downloading the latest sync update?

CJobe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHRIS
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTCS
Vehicle Showcase
My issue was that I could not get the file on my iMac to unzip. Tried Stuffit and others. A couple worked but my car would then give me error codes. Chatted with Ford in depth and they admitted to the problems. Tried everyday for a week. The last download one worked. What a pain in the ass. Now just waiting for 3.4. That should be fun!
Awesome glad you got it fixed.
Sponsored

Tseg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Glad to have confirmed 19025 is the latest... since I bought my used ā€˜18 a year ago it had the original version (17xxxx?) and for a year I have been living with pop-ups at every car start despite multiple calls to the help desk and multiple attempts to upgrade via USB. Finally, last week I left Mustang at the dealership for a week while I was out of town and picked up last night. Now working smooth with 19025, 3.0. Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m motivated to try to make 3.3 at this point. I have a ā€˜14 Jeep Grand Cherokee whose software is soooo much more modern looking, but that had its share of gremlins as it worked its way up through revisions over the years.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Glad to have confirmed 19025 is the latest... since I bought my used ā€˜18 a year ago it had the original version (17xxxx?) and for a year I have been living with pop-ups at every car start despite multiple calls to the help desk and multiple attempts to upgrade via USB. Finally, last week I left Mustang at the dealership for a week while I was out of town and picked up last night. Now working smooth with 19025, 3.0. Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m motivated to try to make 3.3 at this point. I have a ā€˜14 Jeep Grand Cherokee whose software is soooo much more modern looking, but that had its share of gremlins as it worked its way up through revisions over the years.
Hi there. A couple of points. As you are running 3.0 your build is 19205. You cannot really go to 3.3 without changing your APIM but you could go to 3.4 without the change. Some are having issues with this update, many others are not. it's a crapshoot. Something you might want to consider if you are still under warranty and have concerns about updating software.

OP
OP

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just thought I"d toss in an update here. I still can not get the file 4u5t-14g381-an.tar.gz to transfer over to anything. Ford still just says no update on fix. Said I could go to the dealer, but they'll mot likely charge me to do the update there.

Multitask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2020 MKZ Hybrid
Hi there. A couple of points. As you are running 3.0 your build is 19205. You cannot really go to 3.3 without changing your APIM but you could go to 3.4 without the change. Some are having issues with this update, many others are not. it's a crapshoot. Something you might want to consider if you are still under warranty and have concerns about updating software.
Not fully true.... I know someone that has an APIM from a 2016 that he put 3.4 on it.... so it can be done.... you might not get the same speed, or maybe some features but it works...

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Not fully true.... I know someone that has an APIM from a 2016 that he put 3.4 on it.... so it can be done.... you might not get the same speed, or maybe some features but it works...
Please reread my post. I said you cannot go from 3.0 to 3.3 (the official update) but you can go from 3.0 to 3.4 using the Cyanlabs upgrade. Many have done it, most without any issues but it is a crapshoot. Iā€™m still under warranty and will not risk that for cleaner looking screen. Maybe we will go from 3.3 directly to a smaller version of 4.0. Wishful thinking right?

OP
OP

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I finally was able to upgrade my car. I tried again last night and all of the files transferred over to my usb. If anyone else was having issues I would try now.
Sponsored