Sponsored

Anyone else having issues downloading the latest sync update?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Went back out to the car, maybe 10 mins if that total said it was done remove the usb and turn off the car, did all that and it shows the same version number and all. Maybe my particular sync, is updated fully? oh well it works fine.
The version will stay the same 3.0. The build number should have changed to 19205.
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
The version will stay the same 3.0. The build number should have changed to 19205.
sorry, both version and build show the same for me

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
sorry, both version and build show the same for me
Frustrating, I know. Start from scratch. Download the files, unzip, move to the USB drive and do it again. By the way are you using a name brand USB 3.0 stick? 16gb minimum, 32gb preferred. This can make a difference.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Frustrating, I know. Start from scratch. Download the files, unzip, move to the USB drive and do it again. By the way are you using a name brand USB 3.0 stick? 16gb minimum, 32gb preferred. This can make a difference.
im using a scandisk extreme plus 32gb micro sd in a 3.0 thumbdrive adapter. same thing i used for all my updates before and when i did the navigation on the 10th.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
im using a scandisk extreme plus 32gb micro sd in a 3.0 thumbdrive adapter. same thing i used for all my updates before and when i did the navigation on the 10th.
Well I’ve never done that before, the SD card, but it works, it works. Try the process again. Maybe the third time will be the charm.

Sponsored

OP
OP

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I just tried using stuffit myself and I'm still getting that the one file is corrupt. I dont get why some have no issues and then theres ones like me who do.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I just tried using stuffit myself and I'm still getting that the one file is corrupt. I dont get why some have no issues and then theres ones like me who do.
i was until i DL it again, then it worked... at least the transfer did. i havent tried again to see if it will update the build again.

OP
OP

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I've downloaded the files about 10 times with the same outcome. All files can move over except for 4U5T-14G381-AN.tar.gz
This sure is frustrating.

Last edited:

Breee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
I talked to Ford tech support today and they essentially eluded to the fact their updates are F****D right now and "being worked on". What a disgrace. I work in the software industry and these problems simply should not exist in 2020.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I talked to Ford tech support today and they essentially eluded to the fact their updates are F****D right now and "being worked on". What a disgrace. I work in the software industry and these problems simply should not exist in 2020.
That’s what I was told a week ago. I just to not know why they do not put the files online and let us grab them.

Sponsored
OP
OP

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Phone got me nowhere, but Twitter gave me the same response.
Its clearly a hot mess. Glad they know it, but common, as said it's 2020.

Screenshot_20200128-104116_Email.jpg

CJobe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHRIS
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTCS
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same issue and spoke with support. I fought this for days and even after going line by line in the files I couldnt find an issue. I have had this issue with some olds modified android builds and tried the fix I had for it as well and it worked. I tested it with my car and 4 friends cars and they all worked fine.

- Download update
- Upload to cloud service (I used drive)
- Download it back to your PC
- Make sure the usb stick is formatted exfat
- Extract folder contents directly to the USB stick (I used 7zip)

I have the file hosted on my google drive but not posting it public due to ford liking to flog people for doing so. PM me if you want to try it.

Ford will never understand it. I spent hours on the phone with them.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Well I’ve never done that before, the SD card, but it works, it works. Try the process again. Maybe the third time will be the charm.
Tried again this morning and it finally update to the newest build. 3rd time a charm lol. i literally see nothing different but i guess im on the new build.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I had the same issue and spoke with support. I fought this for days and even after going line by line in the files I couldnt find an issue. I have had this issue with some olds modified android builds and tried the fix I had for it as well and it worked. I tested it with my car and 4 friends cars and they all worked fine.

- Download update
- Upload to cloud service (I used drive)
- Download it back to your PC
- Make sure the usb stick is formatted exfat
- Extract folder contents directly to the USB stick (I used 7zip)

I have the file hosted on my google drive but not posting it public due to ford liking to flog people for doing so. PM me if you want to try it.

Ford will never understand it. I spent hours on the phone with them.
My issue was that I could not get the file on my iMac to unzip. Tried Stuffit and others. A couple worked but my car would then give me error codes. Chatted with Ford in depth and they admitted to the problems. Tried everyday for a week. The last download one worked. What a pain in the ass. Now just waiting for 3.4. That should be fun!
Sponsored