Sponsored

SYNC update: Anyone tried it?

MagneticGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
By the way, pulling the interior fuse #32 (for Sync) and disconnecting the battery did not resolve my issue. :doh:

Trying to get an appointment at the dealership.
Sponsored

Mojo_Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Can't say that I am all that impressed with the update.

Firstly, I have yet to see a comprehensive list of features and fixes for the update. Where are the release notes Ford?

Next, why does the update necessitate having to re-pair your phone as well as reapply the wall paper? IMHO, this is a poorly designed process. Think about it. A new version of IOS doesn't mean having to these things.

While SIRI Eyes Free is a nice feature, I didn't see any published instructions that on your iPhone you have to enable Car Play wireless connection.

This release still hasn't fixed the problem when receiving calls of the callers photo/avatar not showing up on the MFT screen.

Oh yeah, the system reset moved my clock ahead 1 hour.

Finally, since the update while streaming bluetooth music, when receiving a call I will see on the MFT screen that the call has been answered, but the music doesn't mute and I cannot speak to the person who called.

If I could do things over, I would not update to Sync 3.8 as I think there are a lot of defects in this release.

Last edited:

Yruyur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RRed EB 50YAP, JLT CAI, Unleashed, custom exhaust
Sirius Radio Started Working Again

I did the update and everything appears to be working fine. Also, my Sirius radio started working again (I had let the service expire). Unless there is some free trial going on, it seems like Sirius got reset with the upgrade.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Can't say that I am all that impressed with the update.

Firstly, I have yet to see a comprehensive list of features and fixes for the update. Where are the release notes Ford?

Next, why does the update necessitate having to re-pair your phone as well as reapply the wall paper? IMHO, this is a poorly designed process. Think about it. A new version of IOS doesn't mean having to these things.

While SIRI Eyes Free is a nice feature, I didn't see any published instructions that on your iPhone you have to enable Car Play wireless connection.

This release still hasn't fixed the problem when receiving calls of the callers photo/avatar not showing up on the MFT screen.

Oh yeah, the system reset moved my clock ahead 1 hour.

Finally, since the update while streaming bluetooth music, when receiving a call I will see on the MFT screen that the call has been answered, but the music doesn't mute and I cannot speak to the person who called.

If I could do things over, I would not update to Sync 3.8 as I think there are a lot of defects in this release.
Hey Mojo_Mike,

Thanks for providing your feedback. I'll get this documented for you.

Also, check out Ford Social: https://social.ford.com/content/fordsocial/en/home-page.html

You can leave your ideas there.

I did the update and everything appears to be working fine. Also, my Sirius radio started working again (I had let the service expire). Unless there is some free trial going on, it seems like Sirius got reset with the upgrade.
Hey Yruyur,

I'm glad everything is working for you. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Whitney

MagneticGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Hi Whitney,

I took my car in to the dealership Friday morning. They supposedly worked on it all day. In their analysis, they said they found the following:
  • Hard fault for mic connection
  • Two files in the SYNC APIN module that should not be there
They can't seem to figure out how to delete the two erroneous files from the APIN. Any ideas? They're going to resume troubleshooting on Monday.

I had upgraded my SYNC software from Gen 2 v3.7 to Gen 2 v3.8 because that's all that shows up as being available on the Ford Owner web site. My dealership, however, says they have v4.5 available to use. Is that even possible? If so, can you tell me what's in v4.5?

Could the v4.5 they're talking about be an overall vehicle software update and not an individual update to SYNC? :shrug:

Thanks.

Sponsored

jmr061

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Explorer Sport
Hi Whitney,

I took my car in to the dealership Friday morning. They supposedly worked on it all day. In their analysis, they said they found the following:
They can't seem to figure out how to delete the two erroneous files from the APIN. Any ideas? They're going to resume troubleshooting on Monday.

I had upgraded my SYNC software from Gen 2 v3.7 to Gen 2 v3.8 because that's all that shows up as being available on the Ford Owner web site. My dealership, however, says they have v4.5 available to use. Is that even possible? If so, can you tell me what's in v4.5?

Could the v4.5 they're talking about be an overall vehicle software update and not an individual update to SYNC? :shrug:

Thanks.
Pretty sure your dealer is lost in space. If you send me a PM with your VIN I can look up the APIM programming and see if you are current and possible see what software packs they are saying don't belong there.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi Whitney,

Thanks.
Hi MagneticGT,

Unfortunately, I'm not a certified Ford technician, so I'm unable to give any steps for the dealer to try. They do have their own support center they can reach out to. As far as version 4.5, that is an update for a different SYNC system and it is not possible to install on MyFord Touch. Have they reached out to you yet today?

Rebecca

MagneticGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
No they haven't. :frusty:

Hi MagneticGT,

Unfortunately, I'm not a certified Ford technician, so I'm unable to give any steps for the dealer to try. They do have their own support center they can reach out to. As far as version 4.5, that is an update for a different SYNC system and it is not possible to install on MyFord Touch. Have they reached out to you yet today?

Rebecca

MagneticGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The dealership had my car for over a week while they tested one part at a time. :doh:

In the end, the problem was fixed by replacing the microphone and the APIM. Apparently, the APIM is located behind the MFT screen in the 2015 Mustang (unlike previous cars which have it located inside the center console). Other Ford owners have experienced similar issues where software upgrades killed their APIM. Does SYNC 3 do away with the APIM?

Oh, and they were FOS about v4.5 software being installed in my car. :crazy: They reinstalled v3.8. I had to go back a few days later for a follow up visit because they forgot to reinstall 911 Assist.
Sponsored