Sponsored

Anyone else having issues downloading the latest sync update?

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Just update to 3.4 on cyanlabs website, under tutorials.
Sponsored

HowlinHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350, 2016 Mustang GT CS - traded in for GT350
Just got notice that a new Sync update is out. Something about adding Alexa, Waze, etc..
There's 1 file 4U5T-14G381-AN.tar.gz in the Sync folder that when trying to move to USB says it has an unspecified error so I cant get all files over to update. WinRar says its a corrupt file so I'm assuming this is on Fords side.
Anyone else getting this thats doing the update?
I tried over wifi in the car, but it doesnt pull up the update.
Same thing happened to me. I tried downloading it multiple times Once I even downloaded directly to the USB stick. Every time I tried to extract the archive I got an unspecified error. I tried Windows extract and 7zip to extract the files. Same error with both utilities.

OP
OP

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Well, called Ford and got absolutely nowhere.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I called, they told me I was on the most current version available and I shouldn’t be getting any notifications or emails. Mine shows 3.0
0BEB65CD-0A01-4065-9E2E-A82A87F2B2B0.jpeg
Actually you guys cannot be doing the same update as Thomas has 3.0 and NfG you had 3.3. What it does mean if that the same error is occurring which is strange.

Thomas, your latest update is 3.0 Build 19205. Are you getting the download from the Ford owner site?

By the though you might get a kick out of this. I ordered the maps drive from $40.00. Then when Ford told me my maps updated OK and I didn't need it i cancelled. Well I got the drive and was told today that I didn't need to send it back. Checkout the dates. Maybe this is why we constantly have issues with Ford on updates.

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 12.02.46 PM.png

Last edited:
OP
OP

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
What did they tell you?
They said they had no idea what could be causing the issue, haven't heard of it and don't know how to fix it. Just that they'd "pass it on".... In other words eat it. lol

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
They said they had no idea what could be causing the issue, haven't heard of it and don't know how to fix it. Just that they'd "pass it on".... In other words eat it. lol
So typical. Ok so we know you have maps 1.18, right. Funny because that's the "difficult" download. All your trying to do is update form 18351 to 19025. Going through the steps (I find this useful for troubleshooting) you downloaded the files from Ford Owner to your hard drive. At this point you should only have JR3T-14G381-AL.zip (or something close to it). Then using Stuffit you unzip onto your USB drive. Is this correct so far?

I know you know what you are doing but so do I and I've had issues in the past. Just going over it can help sometimes.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Actually you guys cannot be doing the same update as Thomas has 3.0 and NfG you had 3.3. What it does mean if that the same error is occurring which is strange.

Thomas, your latest update is 3.0 Build 19025. Are you getting the download from the Ford owner site?
Yes from ford. this is the folder contents i DL. Unlike NFG i dont know what im doing lol, i had no issues updating maps on the 10th of Jan though.
Screenshot_3.jpg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Yes from ford. this is the folder contents i DL. Unlike NFG i dont know what im doing lol, i had no issues updating maps on the 10th of Jan though.
Screenshot_3.jpg
OK, so all the files are correct (checked against to 19205 file I had for my wife's Escape. So I presume that you have these three files/folders, right? From your hard drive you then unzipped the file using Stuffit. And this is where you ran into this problem? Have you tried downloading the files form Ford again?

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 3.49.54 PM.png

Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
OK, so all the files are correct (checked against to 19205 file I had for my wife's Escape. So I presume that you have these three files/folders, right? From your hard drive you then unzipped the file using Stuffit. And this is where you ran into this problem? Have you tried downloading the files form Ford again?

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 3.49.54 PM.png
no sir, only time i tried. i guess i could try a few times. i work from home at a computer so literally could keep trying all day between calls lol

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
no sir, only time i tried. i guess i could try a few times. i work from home at a computer so literally could keep trying all day between calls lol
Keep trying. I had to download a few times before I was able to get my file to unzip. Good luck.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Keep trying. I had to download a few times before I was able to get my file to unzip. Good luck.
I just tried again and used stuffit like you recommended and it shows updating now on the car. so we shall see in about 30 lol

thanks, really appreciate the help

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Went back out to the car, maybe 10 mins if that total said it was done remove the usb and turn off the car, did all that and it shows the same version number and all. Maybe my particular sync, is updated fully? oh well it works fine.
Sponsored